1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

You're a F****** coward!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wicked1911, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Wicked1911

Wicked1911

I bumped into this today, I searched to see if it had been posted before but found nothing. It's Not gun related but similar I think to what we wish we had more courage to say sometimes. I have two small children so I think twice these days of what I say, not because I'm scared but because my family doesn't need to suffer because I couldn't watch my temper...especially here in crapachusetts. (NSFW).

[video=youtube_share;ngZsUs1yb-s]http://youtu.be/ngZsUs1yb-s[/video]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

Nuts. I haven't been getting sound from any of the embedded YouTube vids

3. MAGG

MAGG NES Member

the guy at the end was priceless

4. AllaSnackbah

AllaSnackbah NES Member

awesome haha. im surprised they didnt arrest him for breech of peace or "find" some weed in his pocket. awesome

5. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

IDK man, I think I'm with the cops on this one man... I don't usually take their side but in this case I think the guy was asking for trouble and I don't think the cops acted inappropriately.

Yea the guy never threatened them directly persay. But man, the obscenities, the yelling, and tailing a cop car........ try being reasonable with them and it may just surprise you that they may be reasonable with you.

6. Wicked1911

Wicked1911

When it comes to cops I have been on both ends, there have been some real grade A douche bags that have pissed me off for abusing their power. Then there are good cops who really serve the people and not abuse their power like a few of my friends and family members that are cops. So I judge cops on an individual basis. unfortunately more often than not you get the douche bags.

7. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

Cops deal with the very worst society has to offer day in and day out. So sadly - when they deal with someone they expect that person to be just another dirt bag. Yea its wrong, yea its profiling, yea yea yea.... But if you show them you;re not a dick, then they generally have responded in kind. At least my dealing with them.

Given... I've never been on the wrong side of the law....

8. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

Here is the reason for this stuff. The cops know who he is. He called them bullies and cowards because that is exactly what they are and are doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. Twigg

Twigg NES Member

Cord.

Wood.

Sooner or later one of these new "supercops" is gonna get himself and his buddies shot. Honestly I can't see these guys continuing to get away with this shit.

3 people like this.
  10. jpk

jpk

The dude that got pulled over is a tool

There's no disputing the fact that there are LOTS of examples of the police "Protecting and Serving the shit out of citizens" but it all boils down to how you handle it.

"Am I being detained or am I free to go" is one thing

Throwing a hissy fit like he did is unproductive

11. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

I've got nothing against his project. I think cops should be recorded 100% of the time... and the videos should be made public. I should be able to go onto my town's police dept web site and look at the dash cam of any cop car I want - in real time. Listen the their communications - in real time. At any time... I believe their radios should record their interactions with people 100% of the time, and their cars should be equipped with GPS trackers - if not already.

It's for their safety - and ours - that I have that position. Can the criminal element use that to their advantage, sure they can. But until 100% of the police demonstrate themselves to be trustworthy - any government entity that carries both badge and gun needs to be treated with a trust but verify attitude.

If the opportunity is there for someone to abuse power, then someone will abuse that power.

1 person likes this.
  12. BTSDOG

BTSDOG NES Member

All i can say is if you want to give a LEO a negative attitude, he has as much right to give one back....Keep a low profile, STFU, MYOB, and life goes on.....Why draw attention to yourself unless your looking for it.....

13. rmaclean86

rmaclean86 NES Member

Pioneer Valley, surrounded by liberals..ie hell
    Sigh. First off, that was Austin, TX. Texas is a different world. That type of encounter is exactly what the dude wanted; he wanted special attention and got it. If you follow the cops around you may as well put a big red X on your back. Right, wrong or indiferent. I tell you what, if someone follows me around as a private citizen I'm sure as hell going to have a conversation with them (in a public area). I am pretty sure that following me to the supermarket to pick up mile and bread for my kids wouldn't exactly get their rocks off, but you never know.

btw: if that was MA he probably would have been arrested for disordely conduct or some other type of offense. I believe there is a statute (272/59? I dunno) that specifically addresses swearing in public places. Not that it (an arrest) would have been right. Just saying. If you go looking for a fight, you may just find it.

Pre-Ban:

I disagree with you wholeheartedly about the real-time thing. Think about what their mission is and what you said. If that were true you could have one dude see where all the cops are, watch their videos in live time and communicate with his buddies to coordinate a crime spree. If I know where the cops are I surely know where they are not. They are encrypting their radio signals now due to some similar issues with scanner listeners.

I DO AGREE with you on premis: all public information should be available once it is safe to disseminate it (not part of an invest, cori, etc etc). Real-time is just a huge issue when looking at it from their possible persepctive.

1 person likes this.
  14. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

Well I don;t think that we should be afraid of the police either... That keep your head in the sand attitude is the wrong one to have in my opinion.

15. economist

economist

Love how these threads draw out the boot-lickers and apologists. But hey, being free just means keeping a low profile, being nice to the man, accepting abuse with a smile, and never ever questioning authority, right? [thinking]

5 people like this.
  16. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

..............and it seems to me that TX has a disproportionately high number of these police abuse stories... Just my observation...

17. FreeWillie

FreeWillie NES Member

One of these days they are gonna pull this shit and find themselves in crossing fire. In the kill zone. They won't go home that might.

18. rmaclean86

rmaclean86 NES Member

Really FreeWlillie? Really? What shit? The cops in this case apparantly stopped this bonehead because he was following them all over town. It was not arbitrary, they were checking him out. Maybe the cop thought that the guy was looking for an opportunity to whack him. Maybe cops have been assaulted in this manner previously. Austin, TX is not the kindest of places for citizens or cops. We don't know. We weren't there and the video starts only during the encounter. Too convienient for one side of the argument.

They took no police action. No arrest. No civil fine. No undue delay. The whole encounter took under 10 minutes. No abuse of power. No physical brutality. They encountered him due to his actions. Spoke to him. Ensured that he was unarmed and did not intent to hurt them. Was not sizing them up. Probably not unreasonable if the entire scenario was viewed by an arbitrator, civilian panel, lawyer, etc. We do not know the full extent of what he did to draw this attention nor do we know the proper background of what the cops may know. If the cops already knew that this guy was not a threat then you may have something. The fact that they may have delt with him before means nothing. Today may be the day that someone may go over the top/edge.

We cannot trust the "project" as they will only post the part of the video that suits their agenda. The same thing we accuse the cops/govt of doing all the time (rightfully so given their track record). My point is that I do not know which side to believe here. The mope or the cops. But for you say that checking out a suspicous individual is an abuse of police power worthy of being in a "crossfire"is a little premature given the facts.

I generally don't side with the way cops deal with things on these videos, but this one I'm not too sure about.

JW: cops only need reasonable suspicon to detain/stop/encounter you. Not PC of a crime. That is to arrest (provide that the crime is arrestable).

19. rmaclean86

rmaclean86 NES Member

Reasonable suspicion JW. Thats all they need. I did not hear every bit of the conversation. Neither did you as the video goes through periods of being isolated from the incident/background noise. Etc.

By your resasoning the cops would have no right to stop or encounter a car in neighborhood on a Monday at 3AM, idling, with passenger door open, driver leaning against a fender smoking a cigarette who makes two loud whistles as cops approach. Then gets in his car, closes the passenger door and leaves. Oh yeah, the city/town/area has been getting hit with breaks lately.

What crime did the driver commit? Would the cops be justified in stopping that dude and see why he was there? If I lived in that city/town/neighborhood I would WANT the cops to look into that. Apples to oranges I know. Reasonable suspicion is the threshold for a stop of a MV.

I DO NOT KNOW the extent of what happened here in TX. Both sides are in the grey area. The cops and the driver.

20. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

For those wondering, he has been arrested multiple times for both the same type of thing you saw in this video, as well as much less. If I'm not mistaken, he is facing disorderly charges...in Austin. So for those saying he would have gotten arrested in MA, true, but he also gets arrested in Texas.

He follows and films police because he was witness to police abuse, and was assaulted and arrested himself. If they are going to do it, they are going to do it on film. These cops know who he is and what he is doing. What took place was a result of them not liking it.

21. CTpatriot

CTpatriot Banned

if there was a crime, there would have been an arrest, that was harassment pure/simple.

22. SR556

SR556 Banned

Put your head down. Be a good serf and don't make trouble for yourself. I always get a kick out of the boot lickers on this board defending this shit. [laugh]

I can guarantee it... and I believe cops these days want that to happen. They want a badass shootout they can brag about to their friends, and justification for new fancy military gear. Just seeing this on video had me furious... seeing it in person? Hard to tell if the AK would stay in the trunk.

23. chindogg

chindogg NES Member

There is no profiling if everyone the police encounter is a considered a dirtbag. Its when you single people out it is considered profiling. If I got treated like a dirtbag I would be pissed - mostly because if they encounter me and can't figure out I'm not a dirtbag then they are probably not good at their job ( for starters) .

24. Jude Thaddeus

Jude Thaddeus

First off, that guy has more balls than many people I see on a daily basis. Second, he was breaking no law but was detained and harassed for following an officer. I can't wait till all these pigs finally face the slaughterhouse.

Full disclosure: I know not all cops are pigs (some on this site are not and i also personally know some that aren't; you know who you are) but those three in the video need to be made into bacon.

25. Evadd

Evadd NES Member

According to another vid with a shot of the allegations, he is facing felony assault on a police officer for spitting on him. The guy in the vid denies having ever done it, which is supposedly corroborated by witnesses and another person's video; the cops aren't releasing their own dashcam vid.

26. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

.....and therein lies the problem. That dash cam video is public property, paid for with public taxpayer dollars, and was being operated by a public servant whose salary is paid for by the public's tax dollars. Hence what it captures should be publicly available and public knowledge.....

No one should have to get a court order or a subpoena to obtain evidence of their INNOCENCE when it is the states burden to prove their guilt. The fact that they won't release the very evidence that could prove such is very telling indeed...

4 people like this.
  27. Martlet

Martlet

Depends on what took place before the video started rolling. If he was harassing the police, he's lucky he wasn't arrested and I wouldn't care if he had been. That doesn't appear to be the case, though. It would seem he was simply following them around videoing them. If that's the case, too effing bad. Police are public servants. If your boss wants to follow you around, making sure you do your job, tough shit. Particularly when your job grants you power over life and liberty.

1 person likes this.
  28. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

No billed by a grand jury.

29. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

No, you need PC for vehicle stops because you are conducting an investigative detention. The individual being stopped is being detained and is not free to leave. Because you are depriving that individual of freedom of movement, you're required to support the detention with probable cause.

2 people like this.
  30. Lamina

Lamina Banned

foxtrot tango papa.