Your urgent help needed!! :o)

dixidawg

NES Member
Dear bob,

I'm simply aghast!

In a 2-1 decision in Parker v. District of Columbia, right-wing activist judges on a Federal Appeals Court recently overturned Washington D.C.'s long-standing restrictions on handguns based on their twisted view of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution while ignoring more than 60 years of precedent — a decision that endangers America's gun laws coast-to-coast.

This case could land before the U.S. Supreme Court within the next 6 months and each month brings a tidal wave of work to fight this terrible decision. Simply put: we need your support today!

Please click here to make a commitment of $5 or more per month. This affordable amount will automatically be charged to your credit card each month — unless you decide to change or cancel your monthly commitment.

Your monthly gift will be a steady source of income that will help us:

Convene well-recognized experts in constitutional law and history to develop the most powerful arguments against the Parker ruling;
Assemble a comprehensive library of books, treatises, articles, court decisions and legal briefs refuting the "individual rights" view of the Second Amendment and make this library available to lawyers nationwide and on the Internet; and
Launch a major public education campaign including full-page ads in major newspapers and a new Brady Gun Law Defense Fund website. We'll also organize lawyers and law professors to write newspaper op-eds and letters to the editor to create a constant drumbeat of criticism of this decision.
This battle — to its very core — is the most important battle we have ever waged. We need your help today — your monthly support — to build a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund to save America's gun laws.

This fight is so critical to the safety and sanity of our nation
that an anonymous donor has extended his challenge and
will match dollar for dollar all monthly gifts
to our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund.

So your $5 monthly gift is worth $10, your $25 monthly gift is worth $50!

We must prepare for the fight of our lives. Everything we have worked for in the past and everything we’re currently working on could be destroyed by the heinous ruling of right-wing activist judges who choose to ignore more than 60 years of precedent in order to help the gun lobby accomplish in the courts what they’ve been unable to accomplish in Congress.

Please respond today. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Want to know more ...

There's only one thing for Sarah to do if shes "a-gassed":

head-in-oven.jpg

I really want to know what those 60 years of precedent really are. I need to be well rounded in my information about this because from what I've read in all those books on 2nd amendment and the Bill of Rights, there might be 60 years of precedents just hiding out there somewhere just waiting for me to know about it so that I can change my mind on the matter.
I sure hope the "scholars" can dig it up for us.

I really want to know what those 60 years of precedent really are. I need to be well rounded in my information about this because from what I've read in all those books on 2nd amendment and the Bill of Rights, there might be 60 years of precedents just hiding out there somewhere just waiting for me to know about it so that I can change my mind on the matter.
I sure hope the "scholars" can dig it up for us.

They are 60 years of WRONG precedent......just like those of slavery and womans voting rights.
Ever look through the laws and see just how many have been repealed? Legislators and courts are wrong about the laws they make and enforce on a regular basis....it keeps them in business.[grin]

Ever since I took that #$@#$@#%@$#% survey, I've been getting their updates too. I keep repsonding to them that they're the problem. I thank them for keeping my up to date on their actions, remind them that I am the NRA and tell them to never use my name in their Anit American agenda.

They never do write back. [rolleyes]

Yeah, and they don't respond to requests to be taken off of their mailing list, either.

Now... how does one go about filing a complaint under the CAN-SPAM Act, exactly? And would one of our lawyers like to assist for a percentage of damages?

Back
Top Bottom