• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your UPS driver

SKS Ray

NES Member
Had an idea the other day. I'm getting my UPS driver a gift card from Dunkin Donuts. After all, he makes it a point to deliver any long boxes and other packages that require signature while I'm home during my lunch break, and always takes care of them for me. Gotta apreciate a driver like that.
My advice... get your local driver something this year to show some appreciation.;)

Can't say I haven't done it before. You show them the slightest bit of thanks and acknowledgement...They'll take care of you and your packages. A little goes a long way for those guys.

Kinda of a cool job though. Work outdoors. Get to drive with the door open and wear shorts in the summer. Set your own hours, just get the job done. Tons of extramarital affairs. You stay in shape.

Have you ever seen a old UPS guy.

My UPS guy grew up down the street from me and came to my house once or twice a week. One day a new guy showed up and I said where's Paul.

He said he had a massize heart attack and died. He was 52 years old, they run those guys ragged.

Currently, I'm working at UPS as seasonal help (Driver helper) and they work HARD for their money. The guy I ride with has been on that same route for 16 years and been with UPS since 1977, so he knows exactly where he's going, and he still puts in overtime every day. Some days are 12 hour days for him. You can't go home until all your packages have been attempted deliveries or pickups. They find out what you can deliver comfortably, then add 50 or 75 extra stops it seems. Although, if he ever left UPS, he could run for mayor... he knows EVERYONE.

So, I agree, show some support for your local delivery guy/gal, UPS or the competitor (FedEx), They work hard to keep everyone happy.

Can't say I haven't done it before. You show them the slightest bit of thanks and acknowledgement...They'll take care of you and your packages. A little goes a long way for those guys.

Yes sir, it certainly does. When Ed and I had the store, I always took care of my guy. He appreciated it too. I don't get deliveries like I used to but I also take care of the mail carrier too. Since he delivers my pay checks (when I'm working), he's pretty important to me. [wink]

I always do also. Both our mail carriers, UPS, or Fed ex when they can manage to deliver to our place actually. Our normal UPS driver actually lives here in town and is very good.

Have you ever seen a old UPS guy.
As a matter of fact, yes, I have. I've had the same UPS guy doing the route in my neighborhood since 1978! This is the kind of route they love, not businesses on busy streets, just nice residential with a few industrial parks thrown in. He's a really nice guy, always puts my packages on my covered porch.

Back
Top Bottom