• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your pre-ban mags if moving to a free state

Three years ago, I left MA to move to FL. Before I left, I sold my precious pre-ban 3rd gen Glock 19 in MA along with a pile of pre-ban hicaps.

For whatever reason, I kept all of my pre-ban AR-15 20 and 30 rounders. When I moved to NH from FL, I sold all of my pre-ban mags to a bud in MA.

The point is, if you move to a free state, sell your infringement hicaps or guns before you leave the prison state. What I did -- and this is just me -- is that I sold them for the exact replacement price. I just didn't feel like charging an outrageous price for 15+ year old magazines.

And now, I have 24 beautiful still-in-the-bags 30 rounders from C Products and Brownells in my basement...

Actually, I would sell all but a couple. That way I can still be legal if I come back to MA for an event or something.

Three years ago, I left MA to move to FL. Before I left, I sold my precious pre-ban 3rd gen Glock 19 in MA along with a pile of pre-ban hicaps.

For whatever reason, I kept all of my pre-ban AR-15 20 and 30 rounders. When I moved to NH from FL, I sold all of my pre-ban mags to a bud in MA.

The point is, if you move to a free state, sell your infringement hicaps or guns before you leave the prison state. What I did -- and this is just me -- is that I sold them for the exact replacement price. I just didn't feel like charging an outrageous price for 15+ year old magazines.

And now, I have 24 beautiful still-in-the-bags 30 rounders from C Products and Brownells in my basement...

+1 Ultimate Karma! Good for you. I hope others follow.

I believe I hear a resounding "Thank You!" from all of us still stuck in MA.

If I have the opportunity to move north I will definitely follow your lead.

Good for you, and welcome back to the great northeast, Andrew. I will do that when I am finally able to leave this state.

Back
Top Bottom