• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your parental rights are being removed, doctors to have private talks with kids

infowars.

that said i do not have children but when i do--as an adult go ahead and try to take them into a room alone without me for five minutes. let me know how it works out for you. hint: poorly.

Glenn Beck also had the story (Has anyone seen Glenn recently - on the vids he has posted - eek).

Agreed atilla - try to take my kids to a private room for 1 minute, never mind 5.

If you've done a good job raising your kids, is 5m alone w/gov't doc really an issue?

Just because you don't beat your kid, doesn't mean nobody ever hit a child.

Pediatricians are often the first reliable reporter of real physical child abuse, and an abused child is unlikely to answer "How did you really break your arm, Johnny?" honestly with the abusive father in the room.

This would end up being a fight with my kids doc for sure.

"Doc.....would you leave your child alone with a stranger behind a closed door? Because that is what you are to me......a stranger......I don't know you at all so.......when you provide treatment to my child or speak with my child I will be present".

Then.....of course the obligatory "there will be more than one person in the room" excuse will come from said doctor...........then its all bets off........."Sorry doc you don't get to ask my child about our habbits at home......last time I checked this was America where we have a right to refuse to answer questions from police let alone your overeducated......stare down at your nose at me.......judgemental ass!"

This country is ****ed.

Not to get into the past............. but I wish someone had talked to me alone without my parents. Not all parents are good, my opinion is that in this particular situation, it is indeed for the good of the children.

Not to get into the past............. but I wish someone had talked to me alone without my parents. Not all parents are good, my opinion is that in this particular situation, it is indeed for the good of the children.

I'm under the impression that the questions being asked of our children is if we own fire arms.........

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you don't beat your kid, doesn't mean nobody ever hit a child.

Pediatricians are often the first reliable reporter of real physical child abuse, and an abused child is unlikely to answer "How did you really break your arm, Johnny?" honestly with the abusive father in the room.

Kevin......to me I depends on the questions being asked.......if they are asking about fire arms in the home etc.......I have a problem with this........

Last edited:
I'm under the impression that the questions being asked of our children is if we own fire arms.........

talking to children alone means the question should pertain to the children....not the parents.
most pediatricians are default passive aggressive so they would rather remove parents from the room to "avoid a conflict"

Whako - I'm assuming that what they're looking for is violence in the home or violent tendencies in any of the occupants (in addition to firearms).

Doctors should worry about medical issues with their patients, not playing social worker or government investigator.

This seems like it's standard historical fare for totalitarian governments though.

Whako - I'm assuming that what they're looking for is violence in the home or violent tendencies in any of the occupants (in addition to firearms).

You bring up a great point.........if there is a stipulation regarding what questions and topics the doc can ask......and they relate to the injury to the child.....and there is a two person rule in effect I suppose this would be relavent to a solution to child abuse and not infringe on rights. However there are many docs out there that have an over inflated view of their own importance and if given the power would take advantage of something like this and ask questions related to fire arms in the home etc.....I'm sorry but asking a 12 year old about if there are fire arms in the home and if they are locked up is completely violating constitutional rights.

at some point there is a boundary that any physician simply should not cross.
asking children about firearms is one of them. the older docs teaching this approach are pushing their anti-gun agenda onto the younger docs to keep the propanda machine rolling.

here are other questions they could ask the children but would be crossing that same line:
-"jimmy, do mom and dad keep money in a bank...how much?"
-"jimmy, do mom and dad save money for your education?"
-"jimmy, do mom and dad have life insurance policies in case they go bye bye?"
-"jimmy, do mom and dad choose to exercise their 2nd amendment right by owning a firearm?"

see all of these could theoretically relate to a child's health, but they are a stretch and flat-out intrusion into the personal decision of lawful grown adults. i don't care who is asking these questions...NOTFB.

if someone asked me that when i was little i would have told them "mom and dad told me not to talk to strangers and you are a stranger"

I'm not terribly surprised. My doctor has started asking me each time I get my checkup if my wife is abusing me. The first time, I just looked at her quizzically since I couldn't understand how my wife could be abusing me. My doctor went on to state that abuse might be in the form of verbal abuse - that women tend to be more verbally abusive than physically abusive. I tried to explain to my doctor that I could take care of myself. That if I was feeling abused or whatever, I would leave. Nevertheless, each time I go in for a checkup my doctor asks me if I'm being abused.

I'm not terribly surprised. My doctor has started asking me each time I get my checkup if my wife is abusing me. The first time, I just looked at her quizzically since I couldn't understand how my wife could be abusing me. My doctor went on to state that abuse might be in the form of verbal abuse - that women tend to be more verbally abusive than physically abusive. I tried to explain to my doctor that I could take care of myself. That if I was feeling abused or whatever, I would leave. Nevertheless, each time I go in for a checkup my doctor asks me if I'm being abused.

These types of approaches leave patients feeling like their doctor is usong cookie-cutter approach or "color-by-number". Such blanket questions actually work against the docs who are asking them. Its a great way to show a patient that you have no trust or faith in their personal judgments.

abuse in general is highly subjective with regards to how it is perceived or experienced. You may get hit in the face 2x daily and not consider it abuse. I might get called chubby and comsider that abuse. If the doc is asking then my only question for them would be "what action would you take if i said yes?"

I'm not terribly surprised. My doctor has started asking me each time I get my checkup if my wife is abusing me. ...

Ask him if he's started drinking heavily since the last time you saw him.
It reflects on the quality of care you are getting.

Just respond:
Is being tied up to the bed naked while she and her sister have their way with me abuse?

Is there a source for this that is not InfoWars and their fellow travelers?

Sounds like the whole thing is tuned primarily to asking teens about sexual activity and providing information on protection than anything about building dossiers on parent's resources?

(dis)InfoWars said:
Duffy went on to assert her right as a parent to decide what her daughter should be told about sex or birth control. She also cited the potential of teenage boys being given condoms by doctors in defiance of parental encouragement to abstain from having sex before marriage.

In addition to the conversation about birth control and STDs, previous examples have taught us that nurses sometimes quiz children about domestic abuse, to the point where an accident or an incident where the child was spanked can escalate into a full blown CPS investigation.
Sounds more like a WorldNetDaily conspiracy theory than Alex Jonesian.

I get that. My response "yes, whenever I ask her to. ".

I can't find anything about this law on a reputable site. It's just the same anecdote repeated on infowars, wnd etc.

I was asked this once. I began laughing, heavily. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm 5'9 and fairly well built in stature. My girl is 5'3 and a peanut. I just got this image of her trying to hurt me and couldn't help but bust my gut. Needless to say, they didn't find it as amusing as I did [laugh]

I can't find anything about this law on a reputable site. It's just the same anecdote repeated on infowars, wnd etc.

I saw this story the other day linked to some site.. Can't recall what it was.. but the deal with this is the doctors want to talk to the kids alone about.. adult behavior.. without parents present, but technically, the families can opt out of it. This is an instance of some pushy people attempting to implement a policy without understanding the law in my understanding..

It is not out of the way of possibilities. You could see this or, at least, doc saying that they would like to meet without parents. Most parents would give in without a thought. Not saying it is a bill or not, just that the reason we are all talking about it is that it is possible in this world. just look at the most recent gun bill requiring docs to talk to people about the "role" of guns in the home. Docs are being usurped by the state and the doctor patient relationship, which at one point was a privilege relationship under the law, is becoming far less. If I were a doc, I would push back without question.

To the point, I would walk out before this happened to my kids. All that said, I remember when I was in high school, my mom never went into the room with me.

Your impression is incorrect. There are actual medical concerns that have nothing to do with firearms, you know. The 'private question' time is to ask about sexual, physical, or emotional abuse, which virtually no child would answer honestly to with mom or dad standing there, even if the abuse was at the hands of someone else.

Having said that, I'm not sure why it's a law. Getting mad at your physician makes no sense, though, because you're now asking them to break the law over your beliefs. If you're angry, go after the politicians who made the law, not some pediatrician who is being squeezed by insurance companies and doesn't have time to discuss your parental morals in the middle of a busy office. Your anger is misdirected and serves no purpose. Want change? DO something about it and put your energy to good use by targeting the right people.

If you kid is still susceptible to brainwashing at age 17, you've missed you chance as a parent to do your job.
Great point. Even well before that age, IMO.

Last edited:
They ask:
Are there guns I your house
Are you afraid of guns
Are you afraid of the guns in your home does it worry you
Is there violence
Is the violence from the person who has the guns
Do you evwr look at the guns or hold them when no one is around
Do you know where the bullets are

So what do you do? You talk with your kids before hand so every answer is "please talk to my dad or mom"

If he pushes "my parents have always told me not to share private information outside our home"

Last time "im uncomfortable and want my dad or mom now"

Sent from the blind

Back
Top Bottom