Your opinions are needed…..

I enjoy a 92FS as much as the next guy, but I think the OP likes the gun for the look since he hasn't mentioned anything about the use. If that is the case, I would recommend that gun. I shot The same Performance Center M&P but with a polymer frame, which shoots waaaay than regular M&P. I am not a fan of S&W striker-fired trash, but their Performance Center striker-fired guns are actually pretty good.

Looks pretty obsolete and I own two of them. Where can you slap on a $800 Surefire light with green laser and where can you slap on a $600 Trijicon red dot?
I was not being serious about the 92fs being a competition gun or a contender for the best carry option.

I was not being serious about the 92fs being a competition gun or a contender for the best carry option.
I still carry my Italian INOX in my man purse from time to time. Excellent looking pimp piece if you ever need to flash it.

My first gun was a Glock 21. Yeah I CC it for a couple years. I kind of got used to it, but when I finally bought something smaller it was so much easier to conceal, no printing, didn’t want to pull my pants down on one side, etc.

First gun is like a first house. You buy the one you THINK you want and wind up learning a lot for the second.

Actually my comments were not directed at that particular gun. I wouldn't buy it, it's ugly, and I'm of the opinion that the last decent PC offering was 5 inch 945. The gun in question, and frankly a lot of recent PC offerings remind of a mid 70's Mustang GTs and the like....All tape stripes and no motor.
My point is, or was, just because you get a woody over a gun that's in an ad in Front Sight, or on the cover of Tactical Journal with some fat old guy in a photographers vest leaning around a blue barrel is no reason to dismiss it's capabilities. I mean after all, when you get home from whooping ass at the match, you can always swap the 9lb spring back for the 14 lb, maybe even wipe a little of the black crap out while your in there.

Is that a Browning? I thought it was a Beretta 85. Bad eyes or blurry pic on my part. @42!
Browning BDA380, kind of like a mini High Power. I'm going to have to leave work early to pick it up.

Men of iron with steel backbones won 2 World Wars, not so sure who won in Korea.
I thought the fact the Americans had semi automatic rifles helped against the enemy with bolt action Arisakas and Mausers. Volume of fire and violence of action right? Pretty much the same reason president joey doesn't want you to have any semi automatics, only government goons can.

Tell him to get something that’s at least nice looking. Shallow, I know……
Not shallow at all. The Creator intended for us to appreciate and enjoy beauty. Cars, women, guns--I always go with beauty. My ex-wives were all gorgeous.
It’s a timeless piece of functional art
Pssssshhhhh. The Whitney Wolverine is functional art. Well, semi-functional art:
whitney-wolverine.jpg
Does anyone actually use iron sights anymore? There so.....boomer.
Sure. I can also operate a manual transmission and f***ing spell.

This ^^^^

Exactly why I tell those Assault Weapon toting MAGA-Tards they don't need any more than THE M1 Garand.

It's 45 ACP AMERICAN COMBAT PISTOL BIG BORE and 30-06 Springfield USA for me
I was kidding.

The Trench Gun won 2 World Wars. The 1911 was just a nice side piece for a few people that wanted to play cowboy.

I was kidding.

The Trench Gun won 2 World Wars. The 1911 was just a nice side piece for a few people that wanted to play cowboy.
Oh ok, then;

This ^^^^

Exactly why I tell those Assault Weapon toting MAGA-Tards they don't need any more than a good ol external hammer winny pump action

It's 45 ACP AMERICAN COMBAT PISTOL BIG BORE and 12 G.A. AKA TWELVE Good. As American As Apple Pie for me

But for goodness sake NOT a Shield [laugh]

[laugh] I still have my first gen shield. Once the crappy stock trigger was replaced, it's a good choice.

Every gun owner needs to be able to look back and smile and laugh at their earliest gun purchases.

My first gun purchase was a G19. I still have it.

As for OP. Your relative clearly doesn't really know what they NEED. They just think they know what they WANT.

So they should go ahead and buy it. Then once they get it, they'll start to figure out what they need for different situations.
I wouldn't pay $1k for that though. For a full size steel gun, I'd rather pick up a CZ SP01 Shadow for around that price.

Back
Top Bottom