Your opinions are needed…..

At least you didn't buy a Jennings J-22 did you? DID YOU????
Haha definitely not!
But there were other follies I’m not afraid to admit like
An Npap zastiva AK47 (single stack bolt)
A PTR91 (also single stack bolt)
I think I started to wise up after those 2

It’s a timeless piece of functional art

View attachment 710793
Except that its kid brother, the 92x drags it up and down the street...... better ergos (2 sets of grips, for those that still want the shit potato grip form factor) far better trigger (no horrible puke inducing SA creep) .... better sights, better mag release too... it doesn't leave you wanting, like every 92F/FS will..... and still can use 92 series mags from 100 yrs ago... course back in the day you could find 92FS for $400, so there's that for sure.....

RKB-Armory-Review-Beretta-92X-Centurion-6BP-Optimized.jpeg

Except that its kid brother, the 92x drags it up and down the street...... better ergos (2 sets of grips, for those that still want the shit potato grip form factor) far better trigger (no horrible puke inducing SA creep) .... better sights, better mag release too... it doesn't leave you wanting, like every 92F/FS will..... and still can use 92 series mags from 100 yrs ago... course back in the day you could find 92FS for $400, so there's that for sure.....

View attachment 841288

I want one - bad - to the point I picked up some pre-ban mags before I had the gun. I built an AR instead, but it's still on the radar, along with a G17L. Just not excited about putting more money into a G17L to make it what I want. Might have to look again at a Mete SFX

I want one - bad - to the point I picked up some pre-ban mags before I had the gun. I built an AR instead, but it's still on the radar, along with a G17L. Just not excited about putting more money into a G17L to make it what I want. Might have to look again at a Mete SFX
Why not a 34 instead of a 17L?

Put me in the "Nope" column

For that kind of money you could get a pretty sweet CZ. I finally got one after a glock 19 and a couple different size sigs P320's (both of which I still shoot).
Got a CZ-75P01 (which I don't think they technically make anymore, but they're around). Most natural fit I've found yet
Don't own a Barretta, but on my list
And I imagine I will have to get something H-K at some point too

View attachment 841288
I wish they had the classic 92 front lower. The rail is practical, and the lights are a good idea, but it is the look that makes Beretta 92 unique! It looks classy! The cheese grater on the front is fugly. I do agree that potato grip is one of the worst features of the 92FS.

This sounds like a train of thought that I would have had like 15 years ago or something.... 🤣 but I get it. The 17L is cool but ultimately useless outside of odd steel plate matches where the enormous slide size won't DQ it. I had a 17L bit now have two 34s instead. Even the 92X was a novelty. I bought it because it shoots nice and i already had a pile of 92 mags for it from way back when i owned a 92FS.

I wish they had the classic 92 front lower. The rail is practical, and the lights are a good idea, but it is the look that makes Beretta 92 unique! It looks classy! The cheese grater on the front is fugly. I do agree that potato grip is one of the worst features of the 92FS.
I agree different combos would look cool but that's ultimately not sound marketing. We're on the precipice of a day where you won't be able to find guns that don't have optic plates either because everybody's jerking off over having TV sets on handguns. 🤣 i get that want/need, but i also have a bunch of things that won't ever get a TV set.

View attachment 841288
Big grips is definitely an issue for small hands. Got this one for $425 years ago. No doubt the 92x is better. This base 92fs is just so worked that it’s super smooth. Sights need attention though.

Why not a 34 instead of a 17L?
Some people are about girth, I'm just about length.

I want something cool and long slide. If I had my druthers, I'd have a literal hand cannon, a la Alucard in Van Hellsing Basic shape from a Hi-Power / 1911 and chambered in an imaginary round, 454 casull auto. Which is the actual "why" to a G17L....

You guys grew up with Dirty Harry and the .44 Magnum. That is what I grew up with a Dracula anime where he fights for the british against Nazi's in downtown London. If you ever want a laugh, watch the abridged version on YT from Team Four Star - they are the same people that fixed DBZ with DBZ Abridged.

I'd comp it and make it even more ridiculous, but that is what I would be aiming for.

For now though.... more practical pursuits.

Last edited:

I want something cool and long slide. If I had my druthers, I'd have a literal hand cannon, a la Alucard in Van Hellsing Basic shape from a Hi-Power / 1911 and chambered in an imaginary round, 454 casull auto. Which is the actual "why" to a G17L....
I don’t get it, but whatever.

No. It may be pleasant to shoot at the range but so would a Beretta model 92. Neither would conceal easily. Anything he gets would be a compromise but there are many better choices.

You guys grew up with Dirty Harry and the .44 Magnum. That is what I grew up with a Dracula anime where he fights for the british against Nazi's in downtown London. If you ever want a laugh, watch the abridged version on YT from Team Four Star - they are the same people that fixed DBZ with DBZ Abridged.

I'd comp it and make it even more ridiculous, but that is what I would be aiming for.

For now though.... more practical pursuits.
So... your dream gun only exists in a cartoon? A cartoon about killing Nazi vampires in London? Cool story bro.

You are correct that my generation lusted after the S&W model 29. They actually used 2 different guns in the movie. Most of the time, they used the 6-1/2" barrel, but in a few scenes they used the 8-3/8" barrel to make the audience think the gun was even more huge-er.
And the scenes where Harry Callahan was shooting one handed, un supported, he was shooting very light 44 special blanks loaded especially for the movie.
After many years, I finally bought one. It came in a beautiful oak presentation case, lined with blue velvet, and I shoot it all the time.
Loaded with 44 special, it is an absolute pussy cat. The 6-1/2" barrel and massive weight make 44 special seem like you are shooting a 22. A very big 22.
And it has the sweetest trigger ever.
With full power 44 mag ammo it can kill a Buffalo. Not sure about Vampires or Werewolves.

So... your dream gun only exists in a cartoon? A cartoon about killing Nazi vampires in London? Cool story bro.

You are correct that my generation lusted after the S&W model 29. They actually used 2 different guns in the movie. Most of the time, they used the 6-1/2" barrel, but in a few scenes they used the 8-3/8" barrel to make the audience think the gun was even more huge-er.
And the scenes where Harry Callahan was shooting one handed, un supported, he was shooting very light 44 special blanks loaded especially for the movie.
After many years, I finally bought one. It came in a beautiful oak presentation case, lined with blue velvet, and I shoot it all the time.
Loaded with 44 special, it is an absolute pussy cat. The 6-1/2" barrel and massive weight make 44 special seem like you are shooting a 22. A very big 22.
And it has the sweetest trigger ever.
With full power 44 mag ammo it can kill a Buffalo. Not sure about Vampires or Werewolves.
Yes and no - Obviously 454 Casull Auto is an imaginary cartridge. So I will never own it outside of a cosplay creation, and fake doesn't interest me. But the idea of a long barrel, long slide 1911, Hi Power, or some other similar gun has always had a on the "list". The G17L is just the easiest path to what I want, and the easiest to comp because of all the aftermarket parts available to glocks.

There's a lot more to the anime and story, but that is the cliff notes one-liner synopsis. It's gritty, its dark, and was made in 2006, but still looks good 18 years later. And those the days when everything was drawn by hand. Disney took 3 to 4 years to make a 90 minute movie - these guys made 10 28 min episodes in just over a year. Even cutting out the intro and outro and credits, It's 200 minutes. That is what I grew up with on Toonami on Cartoon Network - along with Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Yeah, loadings make all the difference. I've shot a .460 Winchester X Frame with 200 grain loadings pushing 2000 ft-lbs - I could shoot that all day if my wallet could support it. Great revolver. Stock grips aren't the greatest in summer with sweaty hands. The 360 Grain 2000 fps 3000+ft-lbs Buffalo Bore loads? I managed one and then declined shooting any more.

I don’t get it, but whatever.
The first bit was just a bit of humor. I just really like the look and feel and the nostalgia that is brought by a long slide handgun. I don't want it for any other purpose than to shoot targets and laugh at myself for the underlying reason for wanting such an impractical tool.

I have a relative interested in buying this handgun. I know nothing about them, and it seems to be more of a competitive gun than a carry gun. I think they offer the same gun without the performance center work for a lot less. Anyway, what do you guys think?

If the desire is for a comp'd, long slide, striker-fired pistol for competition and I assume range-day fun, I am always going to direct someone to look at a Canik. I find the Canik's trigger to be superior in stock form, and has a growing aftermarket support around the guns as a whole.

For $200 more, he can get this, and have a solid optic, a second barrel, 4 mags, more grip options, two holsters, and bunch of other goodies plus a good quality case to hold it all in. And I'm sure some guys at littleton can sell it to him for less than MSRP. It's also available in black (i believe)

Last edited:
I have a relative interested in buying this handgun. I know nothing about them, and it seems to be more of a competitive gun than a carry gun. I think they offer the same gun without the performance center work for a lot less. Anyway, what do you guys think?

View attachment 710351
All I can offer is my reality... My S&W M&P - bought brand new - was the biggest piece of shit I ever owned. Nothing but problems with that gun. went back to the factory 3 times before I sold it. I'm scared for the State Police who put their lives on the line with that pile of shit.

I will tell you I have a few people I know that worked, yes, in the past and they told me don't waste your money on PC M&P's
Yes there is a M&P 2.0 Metal that is less money and from my friend that worked there, he was going to buy one if they became compliant in Mass.

Back
Top Bottom