Your New Knife!

Does anyone have an Emerson el Bandito they would want to trade for the following pair of ZT’s?

Attachments

• 194A0BA2-5EC6-418B-9F7E-ACCD0AC18240.jpeg
    194A0BA2-5EC6-418B-9F7E-ACCD0AC18240.jpeg
    987.8 KB · Views: 13
I finally bought myself a nice modern knife for EDC. I wanted an American made, fancy steel flipper, and settled on the Case Marilla. It's by far the nicest pocket knife I have bought in a long time. And since I wanted the blackfriday deal from BladeHQ, I added a CRKT CEO to the purchase and I'm glad I did it's a super fun little knife.

20221202_144149.jpg

Just bought another stainless kershaw volt for my brother for Christmas. Had one of these in my pocket for years. Extremely slim profile for pocket carry, solid and smooth opening and closing, assist for one handed opening, extremely sharp from the factory, and the price is right so I don't cry if they get misplaced.

Taken many deer from field dressing all the way through processing with one of these.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
Just bought another stainless kershaw volt for my brother for Christmas. Had one of these in my pocket for years. Extremely slim profile for pocket carry, solid and smooth opening and closing, assist for one handed opening, extremely sharp from the factory, and the price is right so I don't cry if they get misplaced.

Taken many deer from field dressing all the way through processing with one of these.
Update, Disney on ice police took mine from me last night so I just ordered another 🤣

Did you have it behind your belt buckle? That’s my go to spot.
I did for a second but i ended up taking it back out. Didnt want to risk being the guy causing a scene at disney on ice with the kids.

if it was a sox game it would be a different story had everything from nips to knives to flasks behind the ole belt buckle

I asked because we went to disney on ice with the kids a few years back. Was surprised by the metal detectors when I walked in so I clipped the knife inside my pants behind the belt buckle and walked through. It didn't even beep.

I asked because we went to disney on ice with the kids a few years back. Was surprised by the metal detectors when I walked in so I clipped the knife inside my pants behind the belt buckle and walked through. It didn't even beep.
I literally did that, then second guessed myself as I got closer to the metal detectors.

So I wanted to get a multi-tool that would be useful for guns. I wasn’t thrilled with what I read about the leatherman or Gerber offerings. Multitasker made one that got high praise and was supposed to be better build quality but they stopped making them a couple of years ago due to supply/mfg issues. The last they made was the series 3x, but finding one is really hard. Nothing on eBay that I saw. Long story short, I found a Reddit post from this shop saying they found a batch of ~20 of them a month ago. $170 (vs $270 for the only other one I could find anywhere), plus they have a 10% off coupon online. It might be last call forever for these and the price isn’t bad.

MultiTasker Series3X Multitool Tan | Cole-TAC Outdoor Gear

1672452750722.png

Last edited:

Security theater.

I always chuckle when I go through a metal detector and it doesn’t even beep. They always beep for me asi have a collection of aftermarket parts.

So I wanted to get a multi-tool that would be useful for guns. I wasn’t thrilled with what I read about the leatherman or Gerber offerings. Multitasker made one that got high praise and was supposed to be better build quality but they stopped making them a couple of years ago due to supply/mfg issues. The last they made was the series 3x, but finding one is really hard. Nothing on eBay that I saw. Long story short, I found a Reddit post from this shop saying they found a batch of ~20 of them a month ago. $170 (vs $270 for the only other one I could find anywhere), plus they have a 10% off coupon online. It might be last call forever for these and the price isn’t bad.

MultiTasker Series3X Multitool Tan | Cole-TAC Outdoor Gear

View attachment 703928
Looks nice, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Let us know what you think...

I had a 20% off $100 or more coupon at Buck from the 110 I ordered for my daughter for Christmas, so I ordered myself a 112 because I love the story about side-stepping Navy regs, and then saw the 301 Stockman in Rosewood and thought it would make a nice smaller pocket knife for when I am carrying my 192 Vanguard.

20230103_125232.jpg

This showed up today. Build quality is impeccable. Really solid. Knife blade has a liner lock. Pliers are really nice. It’s bulky and heavy though (no idea who would use the pocket clip), and pretty purpose-built for shooting/ARs, so maybe not for everyone. It’s a keeper though.

2A8F6A0B-CE92-4937-833E-6D3CBCAC55FF.jpeg

Edit - I think the 1/4” bit driver is a nice addition. Replace their bit holder with a pair of strips that holds 10 each (20 bits) for about the same amount of real estate as theirs and you can have a pretty full set of hex and torx bits, with some Philips thrown in. They should fit in the pouch that emdom makes for these but we'll find out.

Last edited:
This showed up today. Build quality is impeccable. Really solid. Knife blade has a liner lock. Pliers are really nice. It’s bulky and heavy though (no idea who would use the pocket clip), and pretty purpose-built for shooting/ARs, so maybe not for everyone. It’s a keeper though.

View attachment 706665

Edit - I think the 1/4” bit driver is a nice addition. Replace their bit holder with a pair of strips that holds 10 each (20 bits) for about the same amount of real estate as theirs and you can have a pretty full set of hex and torx bits, with some Philips thrown in. They should fit in the pouch that emdom makes for these but we'll find out.

Yeah, I’m a fan. It’s heavy af but I think it will replace a few tools currently in my bag.

320695AC-57D7-435D-ADFE-6FC6C7C4EBD0.jpeg
B1F4A32E-4009-464A-8FAA-72F786C3896D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom