Your New Knife!

I’ve been thinking about trying to pick something up from one of the “drops” these guy do. Could you share your impression of those pieces?
So I grabbed the spike which I looove and the Crow Jr which the blade is amazing. I’m loving it. I’m not a massive fan of the felt lined Kydex as much it might need a little heating and tightening once the felt wears in but I def kinda wana down the road grab another blade from them.

So… I ended up sending back the Benchmade Leuku I bought a few weeks ago. Nice knife but the luster started to wear off so I cut my losses and sent it back for a refund less my shipping charges to and from ( about $12.00). Began admiring my Ka-Bar 1245 partially serrated 8” Tanto and got bit by that bug again. I‘ve got this on the way to scratch my tanto itch - Cold Steel Master Tanto!

61ccEUppYnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
So… I ended up sending back the Benchmade Leuku I bought a few weeks ago. Nice knife but the luster started to wear off so I cut my losses and sent it back for a refund less my shipping charges to and from ( about $12.00). Began admiring my Ka-Bar 1245 partially serrated 8” Tanto and got bit by that bug again. I‘ve got this on the way to scratch my tanto itch - Cold Steel Master Tanto!

I had an original mini tanto I got from stoddards in Boston 80’s?.

Sold it and got a good price. Wish I still had it.

I used to love going into Stoddards and slowly checking out all the beautiful eye candy they had throughout the store! Stoddards was right up there with Hilton’s Tent City - ahhh…the good old days!!!! Man I’m getting old….

Kubey Hippocampi D2. Couldn’t resist because it’s different. It’s kind of a beast.

Attachments

• C20C0D33-2A89-4687-9A0E-3011654FBA49.jpeg
    C20C0D33-2A89-4687-9A0E-3011654FBA49.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 7
  • 579339B4-378A-49FF-A1EA-723CCAC21DBE.jpeg
    579339B4-378A-49FF-A1EA-723CCAC21DBE.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 7
I used to love going into Stoddards and slowly checking out all the beautiful eye candy they had throughout the store! Stoddards was right up there with Hilton’s Tent City - ahhh…the good old days!!!! Man I’m getting old….
I think stoddards moved from downtown crossing to newton center? I don’t know if they are still open. I think they used to have a place in the Copley mall, too?

Just got this today.

Victorinox Rangergrip 78. I like it a lot. Locking Blade and a great and very functional 4" saw, plus the usual can opener, awl, bottle opener and Phillips / flat screw driver. Also one hand opening on the locking blade. Blade is razor sharp, needs no sharpening out of the box.

Swiss1.jpgSwiss2.jpg

I think stoddards moved from downtown crossing to newton center? I don’t know if they are still open. I think they used to have a place in the Copley mall, too?
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to make it out that way. The website wouldn’t load so I snapped a pic from the worldwide web.
7D6017D5-69D4-4774-897E-08FF3AEBB8E7.png

Quick review: PROS: Fit & finish is great! Knife feels good and natural in your hand - you know you’re carrying something that’s solid. This knife looks as good as it feels! Price (IMO) is excellent at &119.00 off Amazon plus one day delivery - can’t get a nice toy like this in your hands fast enough. CON: The sheath is OK but kind of noisy - a decent leather sheath would solve that problem for short money.

This is the kind of knife you can get much enjoyment just sitting there holding it and admiring it’s exquisite lines!

Back
Top Bottom