Your New Knife!

A Bravo S/E sold for $500 USD on EBAY, and are listed for #325 USD on the MicrotechGear website but OUT OF STOCK.
Some websites show a prototype at $1500 USD.

Not sure if heron163 has a genuine or knockoff....

View attachment 576223
View attachment 576224
Ya that’s why I asked if he got ripped or not. All that’s in his post is a picture and the word China, so I assumed he got a knockoff.

Ya that’s why I asked if he got ripped or not. All that’s in his post is a picture and the word China, so I assumed he got a knockoff.
Both the blade's etching and the scales look... off. But without a follow up, who knows?

the Bravo models are all made in China so technically they are all knock offs...;)

its kind of a shitty picture but the place I bought it from is super legit and I have bought quite a few Microtechs from his shop. It looks really well made and feels good in hand lol.

I would be really surprised if he was selling knock offs of knock offs...o_Oo_O

the Bravo models are all made in China so technically they are all knock offs...;)

its kind of a shitty picture but the place I bought it from is super legit and I have bought quite a few Microtechs from his shop. It looks really well made and feels good in hand lol.

I would be really surprised if he was selling knock offs of knock offs...o_Oo_O
Interesting. Never owned a microtech, too much $$ for what it is (to me), but always thought they were all 100% American.

There’s another auto knife company, can’t think of the name right now, started and owned by the son of the Microtech guy. Pretty good looking knives, have seen some on ARIZONA knife site.

Interesting. Never owned a microtech, too much $$ for what it is (to me), but always thought they were all 100% American.

There’s another auto knife company, can’t think of the name right now, started and owned by the son of the Microtech guy. Pretty good looking knives, have seen some on ARIZONA knife site.
that would be the Heretic brand from his son. Pretty similar OTF design, blade shapes etc.

Lot of people pissed off about the china socom bravo. They don't hide it but it is a departure for them. IIRC, they started sourcing their hardware off shore too.

that would be the Heretic brand from his son. Pretty similar OTF design, blade shapes etc.

Lot of people pissed off about the china socom bravo. They don't hide it but it is a departure for them. IIRC, they started sourcing their hardware off shore too.
Yes that’s the name thank you. Good looking knives.

Always wanted a Halo 5 tanto but couldn’t get myself to pay that much.

I've had an Emerson for EDC for over 20 years. It's held up, but definitely time for a new one so I picked up an Emerson Commander. Hope this one holds up as long.

I ordered this on a Sunday, they shipped on Monday with the cheapest ship rate they offer, and got it on Wednesday. That's pretty good service.

PXL_20220220_174133454_2.jpeg

It’s very very smooth! The angle of the thumb flipper is perfect! It definitely lives up to the hype!

Haven't bought a fixed blade knife since @enbloc "talked" me into a Cold Steel SRK 6" which is a great knife for the money! He just had to show it off and the next next thing I know I've got my own on the way - we all have addictions and knife buying (for me) is one of them..... Anyway, here's my new Benchmade Leuku (stock photo) which feels really good in my hands and comes with an incredible leather sheath. Not too big, not too small, kinda like Goldilocks, just about right. Handle is form fit for your hand and seems to provide a secure purchase even with wet hands. Blade is CPM-3V with a satin finish so I'd guess performance will match the looks, which is incredible. It's well balanced and feels comfortable and natural in your hand. I think this will be a good overall knife that will serve the needs of many tasks.

1647712793310.png

Haven't bought a fixed blade knife since @enbloc "talked" me into a Cold Steel SRK 6" which is a great knife for the money! He just had to show it off and the next next thing I know I've got my own on the way - we all have addictions and knife buying (for me) is one of them..... Anyway, here's my new Benchmade Leuku (stock photo) which feels really good in my hands and comes with an incredible leather sheath. Not too big, not too small, kinda like Goldilocks, just about right. Handle is form fit for your hand and seems to provide a secure purchase even with wet hands. Blade is CPM-3V with a satin finish so I'd guess performance will match the looks, which is incredible. It's well balanced and feels comfortable and natural in your hand. I think this will be a good overall knife that will serve the needs of many tasks.

View attachment 592382
That’s beautiful…

I posted these in the deal of the day thread, but saw this thread pop up and figured someone may like it to hand out as a gift and suck an acquaintance into the knife world.

I bought one of these because I wanted a truck knife I could beat on. I now own 4 of them. Fixed blade. Come very sharp out of the box and includes a kydex sheath with a Bladetech style belt clip. All for $30. Perfect knife for an outdoors kid or home/garage working knife.

Eafengrow EF107 Fixed Blade Knife D2 Steel Blade Black Knife with Kydex Sheath G10 Handle Compact Outdoor Field Utility Knife(Green) Amazon product ASIN B081RWYC8JView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081RWYC8J/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_CS8TXCMKSW5V68F35FW2

I posted these in the deal of the day thread, but saw this thread pop up and figured someone may like it to hand out as a gift and suck an acquaintance into the knife world.

I bought one of these because I wanted a truck knife I could beat on. I now own 4 of them. Fixed blade. Come very sharp out of the box and includes a kydex sheath with a Bladetech style belt clip. All for $30. Perfect knife for an outdoors kid or home/garage working knife.

Eafengrow EF107 Fixed Blade Knife D2 Steel Blade Black Knife with Kydex Sheath G10 Handle Compact Outdoor Field Utility Knife(Green) Amazon product ASIN B081RWYC8JView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081RWYC8J/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_CS8TXCMKSW5V68F35FW2
That's a nice knife for $30 and I really like the stonewashed finished! D2 steel, G10 Handles, sharp looking bolsters and a kydex sheath - what's not to like????

I've been impressed with how long it holds an edge based on how hard I am on the one in the car. It's not a fancy knife and if I jack it up, I don't feel bad about quickly hitting it on a belt sander and hastily stoning it. Like every working knife I feel like it gets used for prying and cutting boxes open more than anything else.

^^^ Received the above knife.

Much more knife than I laid out in cash. Came very sharp (8 out of 10) Will strop to finish. Decent sheath with decent retention. Scales are well made and fits my medium hands well. D2 steel.
Very happy.

I pronounce it "F'in Grow"...

Coming tomorrow.
Thanks

New Half Face Blades SHPOS Gen III Folder. The hype is real.

mICBZSR.jpg

What’s the sheath like with this?
Can’t find a pick.

Back
Top Bottom