Your New Knife!

Ordered one of these last night in a moment of weakness, coincidentally after watching the last Star Wars movie. I swear I’m not even a Star Wars nerd it just seemed like a cool collectible.

1630761675685.png

What is it for those if us who don't know.

Without stealing his thunder, its a Chris Reeve Knives, Sebenza. There’s a fancy name for the tanto I believe, but it escapes me.
I’ve long wanted a Sebenza with the astronaut/space motif but have yet to set those funds aside.
Beautiful knives, not sure I could ever carry one for fear of needing to use it, or losing it.

There are numerous online vendors who sell them, but the CRK website will give you a much better look at what they do.

What is it for those if us who don't know.
It’s a Chris Reeves Small Senenza. And TBH, it’s not my favorite knife. I’m glad I got my hands on one, but I have $30-$100 knives that I like more. This one will go on the sell block when I need to free up some cash. Luckily I got a great used deal on it, so It’s basically parked money.

Without stealing his thunder, its a Chris Reeve Knives, Sebenza. There’s a fancy name for the tanto I believe, but it escapes me.
I’ve long wanted a Sebenza with the astronaut/space motif but have yet to set those funds aside.
Beautiful knives, not sure I could ever carry one for fear of needing to use it, or losing it.
Yeah, the astronaut motif one is my favorite too. That one is special. I’m gonna carry this one a bit. There’s already a small nick in the blade from a previous owner. Luckily CRK will give it a “spa treatment “ for free. I’ve already put in the request. After I carry it for a bit, I will send it in for restoration, and maybe even make a little profit when I sell it.

It’s a VERY well made knife, but after fondling it for a day, it’s not $475 (new retail price) nice. I paid no where near that for this copy. I have Spideys, Cold Steels, Benchmades, and ZTs that feel almost as well made at a fraction of the price.

Yeah, the astronaut motif one is my favorite too. That one is special. I’m gonna carry this one a bit. There’s already a small nick in the blade from a previous owner. Luckily CRK will give it a “spa treatment “ for free. I’ve already put in the request. After I carry it for a bit, I will send it in for restoration, and maybe even make a little profit when I sell it.

It’s a VERY well made knife, but after fondling it for a day, it’s not $475 (new retail price) nice. I paid no where near that for this copy. I have Spideys, Cold Steels, Benchmades, and ZTs that feel almost as well made at a fraction of the price.

I’m a Spydie fanboy and those things can take some punishment. I still wouldn’t kick a Sebenza out of bed for eating crackers though. Some of their handle inlays (burl? Mammoth bone??) are quite exotic. Used market is definitely where it’s at for those. It’s a nice piece for sure and I’m so glad (jealous) you’re going to EDC it.

Last edited:
For the life of me, i still cannot understand the amount of money spent on a knife like that.

Short of it being famous and being used to assasiante someone and being a collectable at that point

What in the shit make its so special to be $10k?

Thats a proper barret and some ammo maybe.

Is it adimantium and vibranium forged by thors hammer with dwarf star rhinestones in it?

You’re not wrong, stuff gets stupid expensive.
What drives price? To an extent, labor, but more so supply/demand and exclusivity. At that point it’s borderline art. What makes a Banksy worth a couple mil?

Much like all the BS with pre-whatthef***ever here in MA, the person willing to pay it, drives the price. That’s why we’re so lucky to have $800 Glocks, $1600 entry level AR’s, and $125 15 rd. Glock mags. The spirit of America!

I've seen people in other threads blaming Enbloc for their knife habits. It's really not his fault. I'm always brought back to the Nuns asking me "If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you?" It seems that just about every 20 years I feel the need for a new fixed blade Buck knife. The last one was a 119 Special in 2002. I'll own it. It's on me. I love them. Buck 124, cost me $150 to basically cut bait. There, I've said it and I feel much better. Thanks.20210905_083848.jpg

I've seen people in other threads blaming Enbloc for their knife habits. It's really not his fault. I'm always brought back to the Nuns asking me "If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you?" It seems that just about every 20 years I feel the need for a new fixed blade Buck knife. The last one was a 119 Special in 2002. I'll own it. It's on me. I love them. Buck 124, cost me $150 to basically cut bait. There, I've said it and I feel much better. Thanks.View attachment 519612
Love my Buck 120 General. The Frontiersman is a Beast! The Micarta handle model looks very nice too...

With the price of quality knives inflating upward... I may want to add the 124 to my list...

I understand the artistry angle, but those knives do not have it.
Not to my eye at least.
Are they cool, sure.

I know the art saying, that its in the eye of the beholder and what not.
But there are hundreds if not thousands of knives with that design.
I dont care if it was hand assembled, theres only so much polishing of componants to make the action smoother.

A knife, of that size is a knife.

Now if you got into the catagory of big knifes, aka swords, i could see your argument.

I see something like this(sorry to temporary break the knife picture stride) more of an art than mentioned knife.

af9c028c3406534a07037ad49ae417f5.jpg

Took a chance on a special order from clinton knives. 5” model 5 with brass crowsbeak. Took about 5 months vs ~5 years. Catalog pricing too.

Attachments

• A333D2E4-53A4-4E88-9490-C74CBBADCC52.jpeg
    A333D2E4-53A4-4E88-9490-C74CBBADCC52.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 29
  • F79AE8D8-3435-467C-93FC-5CF4A48D1A5B.jpeg
    F79AE8D8-3435-467C-93FC-5CF4A48D1A5B.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 0301B9E5-99DF-4253-B7E9-D2C824A2312A.jpeg
    0301B9E5-99DF-4253-B7E9-D2C824A2312A.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom