Your New Knife!

It's beautiful.

But... I'll just say it doesn't exactly scream "Space Force" to me.
You’re right, it doesn’t. I wish the blue was a deeper or darker blue.
I still want it though.
on a side note, i reeaaly wanted to get a space force hoodie and have CADET put on the back. (.......Space cadet........) this knife would go great with that. Lol.

Bulk deal from the old knife swap. $200 for the lot of em. I'll def pass them on for a profit, but I've found that I like both the mini grip and ZT 0350 more than I expected to. I usually hate assisted knives, but the ZT is just so well tuned, and the mini grip is just figety goodness! That kershaw is a hoot too. Hard firing little thorn of a knife!

20210316_113615.jpg

Haven't been around in a minute.

I couldn't help myself. I had to get another Randall.....

7" Model 16 Special Purpose Fighter (SP #1 Fighter). View attachment 465005View attachment 465007

Beautiful.

I love the Model 1, but Randall's other fighters hit it out of the park too. I had a Special like this one, years ago, and these days I've got a Buxton fighter. Amazing knives, all.

I was on Randall’s site, checking stuff out after seeing someone’s post in the classifieds on here. They’re quoting a 5-6 YEAR lead time on orders. Are you supposed to designate a beneficiary for your place in line?

I have a few Randall Knives, but I've only ordered one directly from the company (took 4 years I think). I have bought the others from authorized dealers. They are usually more expensive buying that way, but there is no wait. Its also next to impossible to get a model with all the specific options you want without ordering directly.

I was on Randall’s site, checking stuff out after seeing someone’s post in the classifieds on here. They’re quoting a 5-6 YEAR lead time on orders. Are you supposed to designate a beneficiary for your place in line?

I, too, have owned many Randalls (still have more than I need), and I too have gotten most used or from shops.

I did order myself a Gambler with muh name on it, and at the time that was a 4-5 year wait. You really do forget about it after awhile. It's not as bad as I was expecting, the wait. But to be honest, I don't feel the savings you get under retail by ordering direct really offset the wait, unless you're getting engraving (which means you have to order from the shop) or you've figured out how to go REALLY custom, at which point you're paying a premium anyhow. There are other features available ONLY from the shop, but generally you can get whatever you want on the secondary market faster than you can from the shop. The extra hundo or so you'll spend at KTP or someplace like that really is worth saving the time.

I also ordered engraved Randalls for my kids. My daughter's is sitting in my safe, waiting for her to turn 18; my son's is on its way in, oh, two more years? Maybe less? You forget after awhile. I guessed on the specs they'd want in a knife, and while I got hers right on the money, I'm pretty sure my son will have picked a different handle combo if it was up to him.

But ultimately, he can suck it. His dad's getting him a personalized Randall freakin' knife. He'll take it and he'll like it!

Something else I forgot to mention, but usually do: Behring Made, out of Montana, is what Randall was about forty or fifty years ago, in terms of price and wait time (though not style, really). Even though I'm a dedicated Randall man, I've got a few Behrings too, and they're who I'd recommend for a first-time custom order. The wait time is a matter of months or, sometimes, even weeks, rather than years.

They've got a much wider selection than Randall, and I think they'll still do true custom stuff from scratch. Prices are very reasonable in general, though their bigger pieces are pretty expensive.

My father sent me his North Arms Skaha II and a Civivi Baklash to hold onto. Both are good lookers, have really smooth action and feel great in the hand. They'll be safe queens for sure!

Drop is moving sales to Amazon only and dropping knives from their site. Which means the odds of buying them for me will decrease dramatically. DF3243F1-C62E-4AFB-B172-5B81B289B632.jpeg

Always wanted a Crux (top) so I grabbed one and this is my second Buc.

Drop is moving sales to Amazon only and dropping knives from their site. Which means the odds of buying them for me will decrease dramatically. View attachment 466008

I ordered a LionSteel SR22A folder after looking for the best deal last night....Amazon for the win, but THEY DON"T SHIP TO Mass ..... JHC !

Did a workaround 👍🏻

Was at a local dealer doing a transfer and the he had a nice display of benchmade knives. So of course I had to buy a mini bugout. Liked it so much that I picked up a benchmade north fork in the NES classifieds last week

New knife of the week, lol. QSP Gannet. Another winner from QSP IMO - they might be my favorite budget Chinese knife maker. Every one I have handled have had fantastic fit and finish at a solid price. No exception here. I love the look of the carbon fiber and Micarta, and it feels even better in the hand. The front flipping action is snappy, and the 154cm steel is no slouch.

20210324_125412.jpg

My new EDC....Lionsteel SA22A folder, billet AL frame, Sleipner SS blade, ball bearing pivot, tungsten carbide laminate glass window breaker, 4.5 oz.
tempImage0IzL8X.pngtempImage4MMyjz.png..

A heads up on this model Lionsteel, Uncomfortable to carry and trying to flip the blade is more miss than hit. I returned it and don't miss it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom