• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

490 Arcane. Reminds me of my Emissary, but with a flipper opener Instead of a thumb stud. Action is smooth. It will take a little getting used to. Feels nice in the hand. Weight is good. Could be a little grippier.
Anyone know who makes scales for this model? Can’t find anything.
3CF66F9D-01B1-4819-A0DE-02862460F7D5.jpeg
E888C244-1202-4FC2-B4B9-74D1A71CAAE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Not the most current styling in knives, but a design that I love nonetheless...and since I discovered Boker, I've always wanted one of these. Well, I finally broke down and bought two of them. Here's the first one (a Junior Scout), with the other due here in another couple of days:

full

full

Frank

Just received a Cold Steel SRK in SK-5 steel today.

My first impression is: Thick blade with a nice edge (7/10) Handle is the real win though. Feels like I could hold it forever.
Great knife, so far, for $42 bucks...

View attachment 442396
Damn you enbloc! You just caused me to order one of these!

The ones on either side look awesome.

Pretty inexpensive. Both D2 blades. Only downside= China.
The other is a 14C28N blade RUIKE P801 Frame Lock Knife Stainless Steel (3.5" Stonewash) - Blade HQ
I don't usually do knives, but I had some needs.
I'm fixing on getting some fixed blades at some point. I'm not really a knife guy, but there are a couple made in USA from Buck and KA-Bar that look decent and are under $100.
That will probably be the next thing I buy in knives.
I have a shit ton of cheap walmart knives stuffed all around everywhere.. Only thing is the metal is so cheap you use it once or twice you have to sharpen it.
I had an old SOG that I lost that was good, been looking for it's replacement. I have a Kershaw that I carry now, it's a chinese 8cr steel, so I can use that 3-4 times before I need to sharpen it.
These are my experiment with a little harder steel. I'm not rough on my stuff, but I really hate whipping them out after a few uses and they don't cut into anything.

A good friend received this knife from a deceased buddy. He's had it put away for a few years and is now wondering what the value is?

It appears to be made by a rather well known knife maker by the name "Fisk". It is gorgeous and has a sheath. The pictures don't do it justice.

Anyone familiar with these knives and their value?

Thanks

Rich

1614265014297.png

1614265038129.png

1614265060925.png

1614265082150.png

A good friend received this knife from a deceased buddy. He's had it put away for a few years and is now wondering what the value is?

It appears to be made by a rather well known knife maker by the name "Fisk". It is gorgeous and has a sheath. The pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks

Rich

Just based on a quick Google search they appear to be of value, if real.

@richc, that is a very beautiful knife. Google will give you a bunch of information. I googled "fisk bowie," and got some good hits. Based on the results, I have pretty good confidence the knife was made by Jerry Fisk, and it has substantial value, but probably not as much as the knife linked by @bigblue. From what I could tell, Fisk has various levels of finish and embellishment, and the knife shown by @bigblue is near the top end.

To get a more precise value estimate, the knife would need to be examined by a pro. Details and condition are everything for real collectibles.

Regarding the question @bigblue mentioned of whether the knife is real, I think it is unlikely to be fake, and it would not be too hard to tell with the knife in hand. High level collectible knives have fit and construction like jewelry. On a really good knife, you can examine it with a magnifying glass, and the details of the fitting still look very good. To fake one, it would take a master knife maker who could just as well put his own name on his own designs.

I can't tell just from pictures, but that knife looks genuine. One place to look is the fit of the blade to the guard. One of the photos shows this area, and it looks very good, better than any production knife. On premium knifes, this area will be perfect. Fitting in the handle, and grind lines on the blade, should also be beautiful.

@richc, that is a very beautiful knife. Google will give you a bunch of information. I googled "fisk bowie," and got some good hits. Based on the results, I have pretty good confidence the knife was made by Jerry Fisk, and it has substantial value, but probably not as much as the knife linked by @bigblue. From what I could tell, Fisk has various levels of finish and embellishment, and the knife shown by @bigblue is near the top end.

To get a more precise value estimate, the knife would need to be examined by a pro. Details and condition are everything for real collectibles.

Regarding the question @bigblue mentioned of whether the knife is real, I think it is unlikely to be fake, and it would not be too hard to tell with the knife in hand. High level collectible knives have fit and construction like jewelry. On a really good knife, you can examine it with a magnifying glass, and the details of the fitting still look very good. To fake one, it would take a master knife maker who could just as well put his own name on his own designs.

I can't tell just from pictures, but that knife looks genuine. One place to look is the fit of the blade to the guard. One of the photos shows this area, and it looks very good, better than any production knife. On premium knifes, this area will be perfect. Fitting in the handle, and grind lines on the blade, should also be beautiful.

I suppose a fake is possible. But this fella owned a lot of very high end knives. He was very well off financially and enjoyed buying these works of art. So my guess is it is real.

Thanks

Rich

Thanks

Rich

View attachment 454646

View attachment 454647

View attachment 454649

View attachment 454651
I would advise your friend to not use, sheath or sharpen this knife. Jerry’s top knives are highly collectible and collectors are extremely picky. The slightest sign of use can cost him big bucks. I would sell it, buy a good knife to use and still have a wad left over.

Got a bare breasted beauty this week. Me and my boys call her the "Boobarian". Boker Exskelibur 1 front flipper. Im guessing the graphic wasn't that popular, because SMKW has them for $26 (marked down from $96). That gets you the sweetest front flipping action that I have ever flipped, the sharpest factory edge of any knife I've bought - though it almost seems wasted on 440c steel, and....well...boobs!

20210301_105055.jpg

Last edited:
Manix 2 LW in Spy27. Couldn't resist when the price on Amazon dropped to $124. I am pleasantly surprised by just how good the action is...might be the best action on any spyderco I have ever handled!

View attachment 457774
I grabbed one too. Great price; great knife. Super lightweight. Bigger than I thought it would be...
Thanks for the heads up~
~Enbloc

Back
Top Bottom