Your New Knife!

Just showed up. The previous owner (someone out in western ma) was nice enough to leave a tiny fishing kit and some firestarting stuff in the handle for me. Just a touch of rust(?) in the knurling but most of it came off with a brush. One spot on the edge needs a little work, but I'll take a shot at that when santa brings my Work Sharp thing. If I screw it up I guess I can always send it back to CRK.

1606763478337.png

I like it. It feels good in hand. I was thinking the round handle would make it difficult to tell which way the edge was facing but the way the guard is designed you kind of always know where your grip is at. The blade is a half inch shorter than on my Pacific and the whole knife is ~1" shorter. A good size for a survival-style fixed blade

It came with a leather sheath that was apparently made by ESEE but I think I'm going to use it to practice making kydex sheaths.

Last edited:
Found this one on Ebay and unbeknownst to me, NES member Laderbuilt went above and beyond to ensure it ended up in my hands. Thank you sir.
@Laderbuilt is a Class Act, and embodies the Best of NES. Kudos to Laderbuilt.
~Enbloc

Alright! You got in your hands. Phew.. I don’t trust USPS I’ve lost to much stuff, that’s why I sent it priority or some crap With insurance.
I am glad you like it. I was going to sharpen it and polish it but felt in the end that wasn’t my place. Enjoy, it seemed like a sweet little pocket knife.

This isn’t technically new but re found during some rearranging of furniture. Haven’t seen this in YEARS!
It’s a solid knife and holds a edge forever. I also carry a 4star mini from them as well.
6FA660C5-B34E-4D85-95FB-161F917E7B75.jpeg

Lol. the big difference is the 3/4 inches in blade length of the Master over the Packer. Great German 440a steel.

Big knife day today...

Got in a RAT II D2 in green. (R2D2), my first Spyderco Para 3 LW in CTS BD1N steel, and a BUCK 120 GENERAL in Cocobolo & Brass with a rich, chocolate brown sheath.

Impressions:

1) The Spyder is sooo light. Almost doesn't feel 'real'... I like it though, and it will wind up in EDCR (edc rotation)
2) The R2D2 is very nice! Like the steel, love the feel! Very well made! Will EDCR.
3) Lastly. Wow! This big BUCK is sexy as shit! Perfect fit & finish. Makes a KA-bar look tiny. The handle fits my hand perfectly, and the striking looks of the Cocobolo & Brass are impressive.
This one won't see the woods or use. I've got a phenolic BUCK 119 for that...

~Enbloc

Found this link about the CTS BD1N steel...

https://cartech.ides.com/datasheet....6fe-445c-4c2b-b4eb-30ae55e5c0a8&CULTURE=en-US

Last edited:
Just got the notification from Copper and Clad this afternoon...this is on the way.

Indigo Buck 112 with polished nickel silver bolsters. My 1st Buck folder without brass bolsters. I lost count how many folders I have...

1607109525203.png

Big knife day today...

Got in a RAT II D2 in green. (R2D2), my first Spyderco Para 3 LW in CTS BD1N steel, and a BUCK 120 GENERAL in Cocobolo & Brass with a rich, chocolate brown sheath.

Impressions:

1) The Spyder is sooo light. Almost doesn't feel 'real'... I like it though, and it will wind up in EDCR (edc rotation)
2) The R2D2 is very nice! Like the steel, love the feel! Very well made! Will EDCR.
3) Lastly. Wow! This big BUCK is sexy as shit! Perfect fit & finish. Makes a KA-bar look tiny. The handle fits my hand perfectly, and the striking looks of the Cocobolo & Brass are impressive.

~Enbloc

https://cartech.ides.com/datasheet.aspx?I=101&TAB=DV_DS&E=441&SKEY=101.7.4116483:2c89b6fe-445c-4c2b-b4eb-30ae55e5c0a8&CULTURE=en-US

What's wrong with you, not posting pics?!

Well, the mail man brought me two beautiful Vintage Buck 110's today (one is about a 9/10 and the other 8.5/10). They are both "2 dot" knives meaning they were made between 1974 and 1980. Because they have the smaller pins, it means they were made earlier in that time frame. Pix later....I gotta go help a friend drive his HD Road King motorcycle to his brother's barn for winter storage. My friend broke his ankle a few weeks ago so he's not able to ride it. We were going to do it tomorrow but it's tricky driving a motorcycle through 6-8 inches of snow...LOL

Big knife day today...

Impressions:

~Enbloc

https://cartech.ides.com/datasheet.aspx?I=101&TAB=DV_DS&E=441&SKEY=101.7.4116483:2c89b6fe-445c-4c2b-b4eb-30ae55e5c0a8&CULTURE=en-US

Oh good, I’m not the only one who bought three knives today.[laugh]

Just ordered one of these (had to get it through the company website , roughly $10 more than Amazon as Amazon would not ship it to MA) :

View attachment 418937
Hard to tell from the pic, is that the full size or the little one?

I have the little one with a partial serration and it kicks ass. Pocket clip is very small so it seems to bend more than my benchmade, for example but it’s easy to fix with some pliers, i’ve rebent mine hundreds of times and no signs of weakening.

Hard to tell from the pic, is that the full size or the little one?

I have the little one with a partial serration and it kicks ass. Pocket clip is very small so it seems to bend more than my benchmade, for example but it’s easy to fix with some pliers, i’ve rebent mine hundreds of times and no signs of weakening.

I haven't received it yet, the specifications state : 4.75 x 1.5 x 1.25 inches .

I own an older (2005) M16-11K EDC (discontinued) and is almost the twin to yours, but has a combo plain/serrated blade edge, 6061 aluminum scales with SS liners (yours is Zytel) and has the manual LAWK system; not the "auto-LAWK" system. Blade is AUS-8 which is pretty identical to the 8Cr13MoV in yours, and sports the old CRKT Logo.

CRKT M16-11K EDC:
CRKT M16-11K EDC.jpg

I prefer the manual LAWKs over the auto-LAWKs, which requires you to move the autolock and move the liner lock at the same time to close the blade.

Last edited:
My M16-10KS pictured here with the bent pocked clip.
8Cr14MoV stainless steel.

1E761092-56F0-467B-8936-0BC55A091B6D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5EEEFF17-255F-4584-AC3A-73A95C473A35.jpeg
    5EEEFF17-255F-4584-AC3A-73A95C473A35.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 0
Not new, (new to me) -- a great deal at a yard sale (paid $10)-- a nice double-edge dagger.

The brand is Frost Cutlery and "surgical steel" on the blade. Do you think this might be a boot dagger ?

A nice full tang knife.

I imagine this is not legal for EDC (due to the double edge blade) in MA ?

1607181546894.jpeg

Not new, (new to me) -- a great deal at a yard sale (paid $10)-- a nice double-edge dagger.

The brand is Frost Cutlery and "surgical steel" on the blade. Do you think this might be a boot dagger ?

A nice full tang knife.

I imagine this is not legal for EDC (due to the double edge blade) in MA ?

Looks like a nice, basic boot knife.

Frost is NOT known for high-end products; it's often found at swap meets or as giveaways. With that said, a Frost knife is a whole lot better than no knife at all. As for carry? I mean, sure the double edge makes it unlawful for EDC in MA, yadda yadda, but if you're going to need to pull this out and stick someone, your legal troubles are going to be WAAAAAAY more significant than whether you've got a second edge on there.

Honestly, if you're hauling a dagger and it's time to defend your life in MA, the State has created a situation where it might be safest NOT to pull the knife and potentially get the BG to turn tail and didi mau. It's probably safer, legally, just to pull your gun and blow him away. Amazing.

Might be a great practice throwing knife in your backyard... or a tacklebox knife. Ok in your house, but not for legal carry in MASS.

Unless... you do something crazy and grind flat 1 edge enough to be smooth... (at least as far back as the serrations.)

If you do, use a deep quench and don't let the blade get too hot... and post results pix!

~Enbloc

Also, the wear on the edging of that boot sheath is an indicator that someone boot carried it...

PS: The blade geometry reminds me a lot of the old Gerber Mark I series blades and was most likely a knock-off.

Last edited:
Unless... you do something crazy and grind flat 1 edge enough to be smooth... (at least as far back as the serrations.)

If you do, use a deep quench and don't let the blade get too hot... and post results pix!

What is this deep quench thou speakest of ?

I googled deep quench and received womans' hair care products - my google kung fu must be off today !

How about good old machine oil, as is used when threading a steel pipe ?

1607194196891.png

What is this deep quench thou speakest of ?

I googled deep quench and received womans' hair care products - my google kung fu must be off today !

How about good old machine oil, as is used when threading a steel pipe ?

Lol. I just meant; have a "deep container" of water or oil to plunge the blade into while making short passes on the grinder. This "quenches" or cools the metal down so you don't get the blue
or rainbow color from the heat, which will effect the metallurgy (physical) structure of the steel.

Back
Top Bottom