Your New Knife!

I've added a few in the past two months...

20200903_232826.jpg

And while I still love the Civivi Elementum, my new "one" is the Bugout in custom G10 scales. The G10 adds the rigidity that the stock scales lack, without much of an increase in weight. It's so easy to carry, so easy to deploy, so fun to fidget with, so light in the pocket...if I'd bought it first, I might have been one and done.

20200903_225934.jpg

Knives are SO MUCH cheaper than guns, lol.

Last edited:
Very nice Northern European lines... a perfect pocket knife.

So actually the wife's new knife but figured I would post it. She wanted something small and not the standard black handle so I found this. This is the LT Wright Patriot, 5 5/8" overall, 2 1/2" blade. She loves it and I must admit the bone grips are pretty and I love the weight of it. Really impresssed with this little knife. Now to get a sheath better sized for it.

LT knife.jpg

So actually the wife's new knife but figured I would post it. She wanted something small and not the standard black handle so I found this. This is the LT Wright Patriot, 5 5/8" overall, 2 1/2" blade. She loves it and I must admit the bone grips are pretty and I love the weight of it. Really impresssed with this little knife. Now to get a sheath better sized for it.

View attachment 388435
i'm fond of small fixed blades, just handy little rascals. and i like the handles. i have a couple with polished bone myself, they get a lot of compliments. post sheath pics when you get one. sweet knife!

Really LOVE the way this thread has turned out.

Thank You ALL for your Contributions!
~Enbloc
well mr. enbloc, iirc, this whole knife forum was your baby. you're the god father of soul and cutlery and you worked hard to shepard it along in it's infancy. thanks! a lot of members enjoy it, too. well done, buddy!

Like the gold and silver thread, can we post stuff for sale here? Have a few to sell. Mostly things I bought in a whim. But good stuff.

Like the gold and silver thread, can we post stuff for sale here? Have a few to sell. Mostly things I bought in a whim. But good stuff.
If you wanted to stay in-bounds, you could make a post in the Classifieds and then link it here, or ask a Mod for a ruling.

I don't think it's a big deal though and I'd love to see your offerings.

My favorite pattern is the stockman. The Case knives are my EDC knives for many years. The brown bone Case, pattern 63032, I sent into case and had the blades replaced. The bottom amber bone is what I carry now.BE9A61E1-B772-4B3E-8D3F-B701B193D770.jpegED3A8FE2-79A0-4BB5-8AD2-1FD881EA0A31.jpeg

If it's a knife... it belongs!

I EDC a Case bare-head trapper (Slim-line Pattern #048) and swap off with a Case Copperhead (Pattern # 49) usually.

Love Case for an American-Made pocket folder!.
~Enbloc

View attachment 303897

I just picked this up this week. A Smith and Wesson “Black Ops”. I like it because it’s cool looking and I like to pretend I’m a hard dicked tacticool operator.

I don’t EDC knives or even use them much but this thing flies open and is just cool. 3.5 inch blade. It was $35 how could I go wrong?
And when I see you wearing it OWB I assume that you are going somewhere dangerous, lol

I was just at BassPro in North Manchester, NH and was surprised at just how many knives they had.
1 whole 30 foot isle with lots of knifes and an end-cap with sharpening equipment.

Now, about half the knives were Sold Out (mostly fixed-blade survival type knives) but plenty of skinners and folders and small fixed-blade.
Had to have had over a dozen Kershaw's. All reasonably priced...

Even had a full display case of CASE knives. Some real beauties. They looked better than the ones you get from Amazon...

If you wind up with a Cabela's or BassPro gift card this Christmas... buy a nice knife!

They had 2 endcaps of these Cabela's Folders that look very well made and would make great Stocking stuffers for $9.95 (These aren't Walmart knives...)
6 colors to choose from. But the Red and the Orange stood out against that nice, dark Titanium-Coated blade...

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-small-folding-knife
1600376456590.png
1600376671730.png

logo_cabelas-01

Cabela's Small Folding Knife
The Cabela's® Small Folding Knife features a titanium-coated 420 steel blade that opens 1-handed with dual thumb studs. Thumb jimping and a half finger guard aid in keeping your hand in place during cutting tasks. The handle consists of aluminum alloy panels on steel liners, and a liner lock keeps the blade from folding in your hand. A tip-down pocket clip carries the Cabela's small folding knife comfortably and discreetly.
  • Titanium-coated 420 steel blade
  • 1-hand opening
  • Thumb jimping
  • Liner lock
  • Pocket clip

Last edited:
They had 2 endcaps of these Cabela's Folders that look very well made and would make great Stocking stuffers for $9.95 (These aren't Walmart knives...)
6 colors to choose from. But the Red and the Orange stood out against that nice, dark Titanium-Coated blade...

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-small-folding-knife
View attachment 390807
View attachment 390809

logo_cabelas-01

Cabela's Small Folding Knife
The Cabela's® Small Folding Knife features a titanium-coated 420 steel blade that opens 1-handed with dual thumb studs. Thumb jimping and a half finger guard aid in keeping your hand in place during cutting tasks. The handle consists of aluminum alloy panels on steel liners, and a liner lock keeps the blade from folding in your hand. A tip-down pocket clip carries the Cabela's small folding knife comfortably and discreetly.
  • Titanium-coated 420 steel blade
  • 1-hand opening
  • Thumb jimping
  • Liner lock
  • Pocket clip

I bought one of those as a "car knife". The action is nothing to write home about, but the steel takes an edge, and it opens blister packs just fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom