Your New Knife!

My newest knife, lol.

Always had a knife in my car, go bag, range bag, etc, but a few weeks ago I needed one and thought, "I should really carry a pocket knife".

That started a marathon of Nick Shabazz videos, several orders from White Mountain Knives, camping out on r/knife_swap, and my wife and kids rolling their eyes at the amount if small packages the mailman dropped off.

The two at the top I owned before this madness, and I've returned/sold 6 others. Currently have a Spyderco Para 3 LW on the way :D.

20200630_103231.jpg

Very nice!

I find the Opinel good for apples and string cutting and that's about it. Love it though...

Of the above, what's your favorite...?

Very nice!

I find the Opinel good for apples and string cutting and that's about it. Love it though...

Of the above, what's your favorite...?
Man, that's a tough one. These are the knives that made the cut, so I kinda love them all. But if I had to narrow it down to just one, it would probably be the elementum. Silky smooth action, sharp d2 blade, and dat micarta. It wouldn't seem out of place in a dressy workplace, but it's not to pretentious for a hike. And at $50, it wouldn't hurt too much if I lost it.

20200701_064054.jpg

Not my newest, but I just found it in one of my drawers...

View attachment 369807

Love it. Great photo, too. Do you still have the cordura webbing sheath that the plastic sheath clips into? I still have mine from '87, or so, that was anodized black . Wore it on my backpack strap for a few years.

Love it. Great photo, too. Do you still have the cordura webbing sheath that the plastic sheath clips into? I still have mine from '87, or so, that was anodized black . Wore it on my backpack strap for a few years.

Not that I could find, I got it from my dad and he probably put it away somewhere.

As I mentioned somewhere else in one of these threads, I picked up a large sebenza off ebay that was very well worn and missing a spacer. The price was right and I could tell it was legit from the pics so I went for it. I sent it in to CRK, paid a few bucks for a new spacer and the thing came back looking and feeling brand new, with a box, lanyard paperwork and everything. No charge for the spa service.

That awesome free lifetime service feature aside, the knife is in a class of its own, at the price point anyway. The worst I can say about it is that it's not much fun to flip open, but if you read up on it that's not what they designed it for. Above all though the knife is rock solid. It's centered, perfectly designed and finished, it feels great in the hand and wears well in the pocket. It's not always my first choice to carry but it's a fantastic knife, and after playing with one you can tell why it's been the gold standard in its class for so long.

It’s definitely a huge difference feeling it in the hand and the finish work on it compared to any of my other Benchmades and bokers.

My newest knife, lol.

Always had a knife in my car, go bag, range bag, etc, but a few weeks ago I needed one and thought, "I should really carry a pocket knife".

That started a marathon of Nick Shabazz videos, several orders from White Mountain Knives, camping out on r/knife_swap, and my wife and kids rolling their eyes at the amount if small packages the mailman dropped off.

The two at the top I owned before this madness, and I've returned/sold 6 others. Currently have a Spyderco Para 3 LW on the way :D.

View attachment 369399

Love the Leek. Open assist, light, small and sharp. A joy to sharpen too because no weird curves in the blade. I beat the crap out of mine.

View attachment 303995 Not a
knife, but new to me; another for the collection!
just imported this Japanese Naginata naoshi from i believe the Nanbokucho period (1334-1393)
Re-purposed, cut down pole arm, now in wakizashi form
Not the best picture at all!!
Not in the best shape, but not bad for over 600 years old
21.7 inch cutting edge

Now there's something you don't see everyday. Schweet !

And for the rest of you's, nice eye candy !

The worst I can say about it is that it's not much fun to flip open, but if you read up on it that's not what they designed it for.

Agreed. I find other toys to keep my hands busy though. I have a butterfly trainer and an OTF. Neither get carried outside the home- just flicked at my desk.

xEOI8jb.jpg

My Crow Scout and Crow Scout Jr from Half Face Blades. Andy does ridiculous work. The bottom Crow scout I got back when he started ~2015. Full custom. Its among my favorite possessions.

Not my newest, but I just found it in one of my drawers...

View attachment 369807
ohhhh man, I bought one of these for my tacklebox probably back in 1993 or so, talk about a walk back down memory lane. I found it again recently, it had a few rust spots but I cleaned it up and have forgotten where I put it now. I might just go looking for it now.

Ooh. Those stacked leather handle disks look... dry.
1599181651988.png
1599183326756.png1599183767314.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom