Your New Knife!

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Starting a new thread for members to show off their newest knives.

Here's mine* a Rosewood/Brass Buck 110 with Drop Point blade and leather belt sheath. Stonewashed blade, brass bolsters and rosewood scales all look as nice as this example...

516djbRFFaL._AC_SL1328_.jpg

*Sorry, stock photo only... I'm low-tech...but honest.

Last edited:
I love the clip point, but wanted to add the drop point 110 to my little family of Bucks. Not disappointed!

The Kershaw Leek is old, but its in the picture to show the size of the Cold Steel Voyager EL (5.5" blade).
Obviously the other knife is an M-9 (Ontario Knife Company) See more info below.

20190921_0814052.jpg

M9 bayonet - Wikipedia
... Ontario Knife Company also participated in later contracts, and is one of the current (as of 2005) contractors for producing them. These can be identified by the blades, which are marked "M-9 / ONTARIO / KNIFE CO / USA"....
Ontario Knife Company - Wikipedia

Last edited:
View attachment 303897

I just picked this up this week. A Smith and Wesson “Black Ops”. I like it because it’s cool looking and I like to pretend I’m a hard dicked tacticool operator.

I don’t EDC knives or even use them much but this thing flies open and is just cool. 3.5 inch blade. It was $35 how could I go wrong?

Over the years I’ve had four or five of these. All mine were assisted
opening. I like them because they are very good quality and I
could beat the crap out of them without worrying that I was risking
a high dollar knife. I think these are well worth the price being charge for them.

IMG_1123.JPG Not a
knife, but new to me; another for the collection!
just imported this Japanese Naginata naoshi from i believe the Nanbokucho period (1334-1393)
Re-purposed, cut down pole arm, now in wakizashi form
Not the best picture at all!!
Not in the best shape, but not bad for over 600 years old
21.7 inch cutting edge

My newest blade is a Filipino machete that I bought a few months ago. Very nice weight and balance, and super sharp.

View attachment 304124

Nice. Where did you find one selling it with the mahogany sheath? I had my mini bolo stolen in the late '80's. I still get miffed over it. I could build a fire knee high, burning thumb sized fuel yadaa yadaa yadaa like you wouldn't believe with the knife. The large ones are better but too big for all day carry on a belt. Sorry for the tangent.

Matt

Nice. Where did you find one selling it with the mahogany sheath? I had my mini bolo stolen in the late '80's. I still get miffed over it. I could build a fire knee high, burning thumb sized fuel yadaa yadaa yadaa like you wouldn't believe with the knife. The large ones are better but too big for all day carry on a belt. Sorry for the tangent.

Matt

I purchased it from Traditional Filipino Weapons. Owner is Rob K, solid guy and legit FMA instructor. I`ve purchased many items from him over the years. All blades (I beleive) are made in the Philippines. He has a huge selction representing all of the various regions. And if you practice FMA, his sticks are the best you can find anywhere.

I purchased it from Traditional Filipino Weapons. Owner is Rob K, solid guy and legit FMA instructor. I`ve purchased many items from him over the years. All blades (I beleive) are made in the Philippines. He has a huge selction representing all of the various regions. And if you practice FMA, his sticks are the best you can find anywhere.

[cheers] Ah, okay, alrighty. My blades were made on a dirt path from an old leaf spring on the PI outside the Jungle Survival Training. Not the same quality of knives. Very nice collection he has.

Jungle Survival Bolo B (Knife on right)

The ideal bolo for jungle travel. Used by the indigenous Filipino Tribe, Aetas, and designed for the US Military troops for their military survival training at JEST (Jungle Environmental Survival Training) camp in Subic Bay, Philippines. DOES NOT COME STANDARD WITH A SHEATH. A NYLON SHEATH CAN BE ADDED FOR AN ADDITIONAL COST.

Materials

Filipinos are resourceful and often use what is available to them locally. This mentality has spread throughout our structures, food, and bolo making. Most Filipino Bolos are made from leaf springs and ball bearings from vehicles. Handle materials range from various woods, animal bones (horse, deer, carabao, etc) and plant matter such as rattan. Plastic and even rubber truck tire are used in certain provinces.

Fit and finish.

These Bolos are not made in a production factory. They are hand made using traditional forging techniques often passed down from generation to generation. There are, and will be, variations from bolo to bolo. If cosmetic beauty or collectibles is what you desire, Don’t Buy From Us. These are rugged hard use tools made by people for people who’s lives depend on them. These are true survival tools in every aspect.

[cheers] Ah, okay, alrighty. My blades were made on a dirt path from an old leaf spring on the PI outside the Jungle Survival Training. Not the same quality of knives. Very nice collection he has.

Jungle Survival Bolo B (Knife on right)

The ideal bolo for jungle travel. Used by the indigenous Filipino Tribe, Aetas, and designed for the US Military troops for their military survival training at JEST (Jungle Environmental Survival Training) camp in Subic Bay, Philippines. DOES NOT COME STANDARD WITH A SHEATH. A NYLON SHEATH CAN BE ADDED FOR AN ADDITIONAL COST.

Materials

Filipinos are resourceful and often use what is available to them locally. This mentality has spread throughout our structures, food, and bolo making. Most Filipino Bolos are made from leaf springs and ball bearings from vehicles. Handle materials range from various woods, animal bones (horse, deer, carabao, etc) and plant matter such as rattan. Plastic and even rubber truck tire are used in certain provinces.

Fit and finish.

These Bolos are not made in a production factory. They are hand made using traditional forging techniques often passed down from generation to generation. There are, and will be, variations from bolo to bolo. If cosmetic beauty or collectibles is what you desire, Don’t Buy From Us. These are rugged hard use tools made by people for people who’s lives depend on them. These are true survival tools in every aspect.
A good blade is a good blade regardless of cost. I have a variety from low to high value, and many of the lower cost blades are my favs. Just keep them sharp and they will be there when you need them.

ZT 0450. Bought one, returned it, bought one again. I love it.

It’s pushed the BM 940 out of my pocket, all I had to do was replace the factory clip with a deep carry clip. The two knives are so similar in size and shape but the locking and actions are so much different.

1581984733169.jpeg

Have to admit after years of being a knife (and gun nut)

My three favorite brands are ZT. Microtech and Busse.

Many of each. And many others. But these are my go to’s.

ZT 0450. Bought one, returned it, bought one again. I love it.

It’s pushed the BM 940 out of my pocket, all I had to do was replace the factory clip with a deep carry clip. The two knives are so similar in size and shape but the locking and actions are so much different.

View attachment 332546

I need to throw a deep carry on mine. It already feels like it’s not there so it might as well look it as well. Sweet piece.

ZT will usually send a clip if you ask but they don’t have the deep carry equivalent in stock apparently. Haven’t for years if what you read online is true. So options were (a) buy an aftermarket Ti one for $25 or (b) buy a Kershaw Grinder for $22 and take the (compatible) clip off. So now I have a Grinder with no clip and I saved a buck.

Back
Top Bottom