Your New Knife!

That's funny I was just looking at one of these on Midway, blemished 12 inch. I ended up buying something else but this is totally badass and a nice acquisition, brother.

ETA: Now I know these are GTG I need to grab one while they’re still in stock.
[/QUOTE] I paid about $150 on amazon. Just be aware that there are two different high end steel now.

The regular San Mai III and this one. I don’t know much about metals but got this one because I misread the ad and thought It was made in the USA. Turns out the actual steel is made in the USA, but they ship it to Taiwan for production

I paid about $150 on amazon. Just be aware that there are two different high end steel now.

The regular San Mai III and this one. I don’t know much about metals but got this one because I misread the ad and thought It was made in the USA. Turns out the actual steel is made in the USA, but they ship it to Taiwan for production
You still chose wisely. I’ve read a few reviews that the “assembly in Taiwan” business is not as big of a deal as like an air conditioner or something. Since the steel is manufactured in the US it should still be solid quality. And you’re only giving up 4” on the Midway model but saving $150. That’s a win in my book.

I’m sure I could but not from Amazon because of their policy. I would probably go for one from Midway and will keep an eye on them in the next couple weeks.

Try bladehq...

You still chose wisely. I’ve read a few reviews that the “assembly in Taiwan” business is not as big of a deal as like an air conditioner or something. Since the steel is manufactured in the US it should still be solid quality. And you’re only giving up 4” on the Midway model but saving $150. That’s a win in my book.

Spyderco’s best stuff comes out of their factory in Taichung, Taiwan. Quality is better than what they put out from their Colorado facility.

Try bladehq...
They clock in at the same price as Midway...but unblemished! Thank you for the resource.

I had just a plain old Red Swiss army knife I carried for awhile but I forgot it was in my pocket when I went to the airport and I had to toss it out before I got to TSA :(

Yeah, this one is a 1999, and I have a 1981 somewhere in a box of my Army things that I somehow left the 101st Combat Engineers with. Identical except for the date...
The can opener is way faster than a P38 or even a P51, but not nearly as nostalgic.

Back
Top Bottom