Your New Knife!

DPX Hest / F Decade
  • 4.5" (11.43cm) closed. 3.13" (7.95cm) stonewash finish Bohler M390 stainless blade. Sandblast PVD coated titanium handle. Pocket clip. Glass breaker. Thumb stud. 440 stainless lockbar insert. IKBS pivot. 1/4" hex socket driver/lanyard hole. Wire stripper jimping. Thumb grip/bottle opener on blade. Manufactured in Italy by LionSTEEL.

E2A7A900-1405-4EDE-AFBD-DB97EDC5CB02.jpegC9D9FF00-8DA9-4129-B5FB-BB33B998CB15.jpeg052D3159-8963-4530-89AB-B8C7093786B4.jpeg

That’s a great looking knife. 0.19” is a damn thick blade - with ti slab scales it must be rock solid and pretty substantial. I bet it carries well for its size with that clip though.

Was ready to pull the trigger on a Randall 5” model 5 with crowsbeak buttcap. Had a question about the handle material and a Randall rep told me i could order thru a dealer to cut down the current 6 year! wait. Now waiting to hear which dealer i can order from.......also pretty much decided that I’m going to order a model 15 as well. Anyhoo, those are my “new knives” but not even sure if this thread (or me!) will be around when they finally show up. Lol.

That’s a great looking knife. 0.19” is a damn thick blade - with ti slab scales it must be rock solid and pretty substantial. I bet it carries well for its size with that clip though.
It does. A deep carry clip is one of my musts. I hate having a quarter of the knife handle hanging out of my pocket.

Was ready to pull the trigger on a Randall 5” model 5 with crowsbeak buttcap. Had a question about the handle material and a Randall rep told me i could order thru a dealer to cut down the current 6 year! wait. Now waiting to hear which dealer i can order from.......also pretty much decided that I’m going to order a model 15 as well. Anyhoo, those are my “new knives” but not even sure if this thread (or me!) will be around when they finally show up. Lol.

The Model 5 is the one I went with as my first user, many moons ago. It's an incredibly great design.

3C6081FB-C3EC-4FA7-9B2C-9C302A12246B.jpeg

quoting myself and bumping here.......
clinton knives is an authorized randall dealer that sells at catalog prices. they quoted me a 3-4 month turnaround on a custom order. anyone in the market for a new randall but looking to avoid a looooong wait might do well to check them out.
randall also told me that ktp in maine is an authorized dealer but i'm not sure if they sell at catalog prices or do custom orders.

My one abortive attempt at going through an authorized dealer wasn’t awesome. Customer service was not his middle name, if you catch my drift. It wasn’t Clinton knives.

There‘s definitely a “cult-y” aspect to the network of Randall dealers and their longtime customers. If you’re new to collecting and/or not interested in joining their collectors club, let alone camping out at the factory for their annual sale of one-offs and excess, they won’t want much to do with you especially if you have many questions to ask.

I’m not talking about buying a finished NIB knife from a place like KTP. I’m talking about contacting a retailer and doing a quicker factory order. The consensus seems to be that dealing directly with the factory is safest, and that was my experience also.

I decided that my son was due for a man’s knife. Butterfly, Barlow, trappers and liner locks are fine, but a man needs a Buck folder. I offered him my 110 or my 112. He chose my 112! I thought he’d take the bigger one, and ordered this as grade LB7 to replace it. I think I like the Schrade more than the Buck. It feels better in hand. Gotta find an LB5 now.

633E36FB-3E4B-4CEB-B29E-F55A2C92305F.jpeg

Not a knife person, but recently acquired these 2 specimens.

The first is a home made job an old friend who was a patched MC member gave to me as a thank you for picking up the tab and the second I got through a work rewards program (woke company :)

Is Ka Bar a good brand?View attachment 480690
Ka-Bar made the classic USMC fighting knife. It is a respected legacy brand with varying levels of quality and a lot of different products now at different price points, but that Becker is a fine knife that’ll do anything you need it to. Looks nice.

As for the shiv? It, too, is a knife. [rofl]

I have managed to hold off for a while, but the bug caught me again. I was looking at ZT folders and this one popped up in the feed and it was love at first sight.
Off Grid Knives Rapid Fire Blackout. Cryo treated D2 steel, assisted opening.

Never heard of the brand before, but did some research and they seem like a solid company that makes good stuff. Lifetime warranty also. $89 free shipping. 21F52A69-D75C-45E4-BC60-8110E673906B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom