• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your loved one's ashes made into ammo?

Our prices for rifle cartridges start at $1250.00 for 100 rounds of high quality, hand loaded premium cartridges in standard calibers.

$12.50/round. [thinking]

The markups associated with the death industry are notoriously high, and this is no exception. One interesting thing to note is that it's extremely unlikely that anyone could tell if grandpa is loaded up into those .30-06 rounds or not. So, hypothetically, these folks could be pouring a pound of ash down the toilet, re-labeling some cheap ammunition, and pocketing the difference. I'm not saying that's what is happening, but if it were would anyone know the difference?

my German Shepherd LOVED chasing squirrels..... she never caught one though.... came close a few times...
not sure what she would've done HAD she caught one....

suppose i could hollow out a cavity in a .223 throw some of her ashes in there and seal it up.... take out a squirrel that way :) loading into a shot shell would just end up with a cloud of dust blowing in your face probably....

I don't recall the name but theres also a company which will turn your loved ones ashes into a synthetic diamond! Crazy stuff!

Yup. Flush the ashes, mail out a cheap synthetic diamond, and profit. Maybe I'm just cynical, but any purchase that provides value based on what you believe you have is just fraud bait. The death industry is almost entirely based on selling people a feeling (as opposed to an objective product). Other industries are prone to this too (most jewelry, for example) -- where people get an actual product, but can't distinguish it from an inferior one.

See, am I the only one who thinks that's a damn cool sendoff? Eh, to each his own.
It's cool. Not my choice though. I've told the Mrs. to spread my ashes in Cape Poge Bay:

DSC_2510.jpg

Just wade out into the water and dump them.

Yup. Flush the ashes, mail out a cheap synthetic diamond, and profit. Maybe I'm just cynical, but any purchase that provides value based on what you believe you have is just fraud bait. The death industry is almost entirely based on selling people a feeling (as opposed to an objective product). Other industries are prone to this too (most jewelry, for example) -- where people get an actual product, but can't distinguish it from an inferior one.

The death industry is based on illusion.

It's not a question of "will something gross happen to your corpse when you die" but "what gross thing will happen?" People get squeamish about organ donation and cremation, but don't seem to mind the concept of having their eyelids glued shut over plastic domes; their mouth sewn shut, and all sorts of other gross things done to the corpus delecti to people can pretend that you "look so good dead".

Last edited:
I would assume that if they are selling ammo, that they have to us a testing lab, or a calibrated test gun in order to sell it. Has to be within SAAMI specs.

B

I would assume that if they are selling ammo, that they have to us a testing lab, or a calibrated test gun in order to sell it. Has to be within SAAMI specs.

B

I'm guessing that they load it light using a powder with a low load density, then use the ashes as filler.

B

SAAMI is a voluntary industry specification, not a law, and there is no legal requirement that ammo be lab tested for SAAMI conformance.

I think the late Dr Hunter S Thompson had it right. After his suicide, he left instructions for his ashes to be shot out of a cannon over his property. Personally, I want to be set adrift in a flaming row boat viking style.

I think the late Dr Hunter S Thompson had it right. After his suicide, he left instructions for his ashes to be shot out of a cannon over his property. Personally, I want to be set adrift in a flaming row boat viking style.

Didn't he blow his head off while talking to his ex-wife with other family members in the next room, no thanks

But, but, I got this certificate PROVING that the star is named after me................ [hmmm]

That's a ripoff.

If anybody wants, I'll do it for 1/2 that price.

I'm guessing there are byzantine regulatory issues involved. Not only is there the type 6 FFL stuff, but I'm sure the funeral cartel has loaded all kinds of other crap on receiving and processing human remains.

Back
Top Bottom