Your home is your castle, as well as your car and other places.

Hooray for PA. Somebody got it right in PA legislation. This bill allows lethal force not only inside your home,lawn, garage but other public places too. WITHOUT HAVING TO RETREAT FIRST!!!!!
"so long as the defendant has a legal right to be where they are and the attacker does not"
Orginal article HERE from OCT 15 2010

and update article HERE NOV 15th 2010.

Way to go PA. My brother is going to be calling me this afternoon rubbing this in my face, I just know it. [thinking][laugh]

Within driving distance for vacations (avoid rapists... I mean TSA agents) and they have reciprocity with Utah permits :)

161-35 vote means it won't matter if he vetoes it. Legislature with overturn veto by vote. Unlikely he will though since it's part of a larger bill to register sex offenders.

Last edited:
Within driving distance for vacations (avoid rapists... I mean TSA agents) and they have reciprocity with Utah permits :)

161-35 vote means it won't matter if he vetoes it. Legislature with overturn veto by vote. Unlikely he will though since it's part of a larger bill to register sex offenders.

New Hampshire Reciprocity as well! I'm also expecting we will see Castle Doctrine in New Hampshire before the end of 2011.

Don't need the state to tell me that.....in my world its a given.....no matter what gov.org thinks.

You know, living in NV I took these "castle" laws as a given. Hell, until moving here to Mass. I didn't even realize there was a place in this country where you weren't allowed to protect yourself and yours. It's good to see the holdouts in the east catching on. Maybe hell will freeze over and we'll get something common sense like this in Mass.
(Not holding my breath.)

He's confusing castle with stand-your-ground.

Florida has this: "The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.

In any other place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful.

If a civil action is brought and the court finds the defendant to be immune based on the parameters of the law, the defendant will be awarded all costs of defense. "

read more link:

http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/freedomline/current/in_our_opinion/florida-self-defense-law.htm

Florida has this: [...]
Yes, but Jason was confusing the Castle Doctrine (a common law doctrine that NH has in fact codified into statutory law) with extensions to it such as stand-your-ground/anywhere-you-have-a-right-to-be laws.

Yes, but Jason was confusing the Castle Doctrine (a common law doctrine that NH has in fact codified into statutory law) with extensions to it such as stand-your-ground/anywhere-you-have-a-right-to-be laws.

I wonder if i can legally change my name to: "stand-your-ground/anywhere-you-have-a-right-to-be-law"? It just sounds so sexy

[thumbsup]

Great update, Italianppf2. Thanks for the post. Get your PA non-res. You will get it in 1 weeks time door to door.

Back
Top Bottom