Your favorite firearms movie mistake???

Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis. I would love to get me some of the pre-ban flush fit 30 rd (or more) 1911 mags he uses with his dual 1911's throughout the movie which takes place during the Prohibition era. It would be awesome not having to reload shooting in single stack division. lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I know Jesse Ventura was a big dude in the 80s, but I doubt that even he could have carried enough ammo to fire old painless for more than a few seconds. Still, that scene that happens immediately after he gets toasted will always stick out in my mind when compared to other 80s action movies.

predator-firepower.jpg

I think Schwarzeneggar has the world record. Can't remember if it was "Commando" or another one where he runs across a wide open area under a hail of machine gun fire, but using his 100+ round 1911 .45 he gets 100+ kills. He is truly an amazing shot, and dodging all those bullets, wow!

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread.

I know Jesse Ventura was a big dude in the 80s, but I doubt that even he could have carried enough ammo to fire old painless for more than a few seconds. Still, that scene that happens immediately after he gets toasted will always stick out in my mind when compared to other 80s action movies.

predator-firepower.jpg

There's Arnie again. One of the reasons he gets these roles is simply because his weapons will fire eternally on a single load![shocked]

I hate how the slide never locks back when a mag is empty always leaving the everyone wondering if it is empty or not.

I have a gun this actually happens on. I was shooting the other day, shot a few rounds, holstered, and went to shoot again and it was empty. Whoops!

Let's have a shorter thread: Movies where they get it right.
Quigley Down Under: In the scene where he's dumped in the desert and the wagon is racing away, I timed the wagon's head start and calculated it was about 500yards out when Quigley shot. A very plausable shot. Also, the delay to impact was a little over 1 second which is correct for that distance.

Rifleman opening Winchester 1892 firing 12 shots!

Oops OP said movie and I responded with a TV show, sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
one that always bothers me is in the Matrix during the lobby shooting spree...Neo is running firing two Skorpions and they cut to a view of the shell casings hitting the floor and they appear to be 7.62x39 or some other caliber WAY larger than would ever be in a Skorpion

Maybe the machines just got it wrong. That and the flavor of Tasty Wheat.

what else i love from the Matrix, you have a minigun you just destroy the room Morpheus is in, yet you miss him, everything in that room including him should of been swiss cheese

One of my gripes is when somebody is shot inside of a car or in front of a window. You'll see blood or brains or both splatter all over the glass, but no bullet goes through. You don;t even have to be a "gun person" to understand that if blood is splattering out there's a hole. If there's a hole, then the bullet went through the target. If the bullet went through the target, did it magically run out of gas before it hit the window or something?

Perfect example. Watch the first 30 seconds of this clip.

Any movie when the automatic weapons go "click click click" at the same rate of fire when they are empty. Does Vietboy1st still come on here? :D

Hit up from my gangsta Moto Photo, yo

How about the show Wanted dead or Alive with Steve McQueen,he was wearing a mare's leg in 44-40 or 45long colt and the cartridge that were on his belt are 45-70.

I thought Steve McQueen did a pretty good job in Getaway. I winced when he decocked his 1911 by thumbing down the hammer, but everythign looked pretty realistic.

Any scene where the bad guys are being held at bay by a person with a shotgun and the bad guys are being questioned. For effect the good guy pumps the shotgun for "movie" effect letting the bad guy know he/she means business. What A-hole doesn't have the shotgun loaded and ready BEFORE he confronts the bad guy. This also is equally disturbing when they do it with semi auto handguns where a racking of the slide is done after the bad guys have their hands up. Stupid......

Yes.

I always wish the fellow would put his hands down and exclaim, "What? Are you kidding me? You didn't even have a round chambered this whole time?! Aw man, that's just wrong. Forget it. I'm outta here..."

One of my gripes is when somebody is shot inside of a car or in front of a window. You'll see blood or brains or both splatter all over the glass, but no bullet goes through. You don;t even have to be a "gun person" to understand that if blood is splattering out there's a hole. If there's a hole, then the bullet went through the target. If the bullet went through the target, did it magically run out of gas before it hit the window or something?

Yes! Of course! Those are the home defense rounds: you don't want them to go through a wall, but windows are even more expensive to replace than patching drywall!

I love it when you see someone it a movie holding a 1911 on someone with the hammer not cocked.

As far as the most realistic...I didn't see anything I thought was screwy in Acts of Valor

Back
Top Bottom