• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your favorite firearms movie mistake???

Figuered I'd ask you guys what are some of your favorite movie mistakes in regards to firearms? Mine is jeniifer Lopez in anaconda firing a bolt action rifle 3 times without working the bolt! Takes quite a bit of skill to do that! Lol

There are way too many to pick just one.
How about every time a car door or wall magically stops bullets; that one has always irritated me.

In the movie sniper 2, Tom Berenger is holding a 91/30 with it's dog collar sling and is calling it a mauser.

the entire Expendables movie.

Every shotgun scene in a movie with a dude that gets shot and flies 4 feet.

Edit: Star Wars laser guns killing people with one shot. The laser should just burn right through. Everyone that owns a laser gun knows that. [smile]

Last edited:
Mgb223 beat me to it Hershel's shotgun was incredible,and the way the small Asian kid could sit out the window while firing that 12 ga and whipping around turns without falling out.

Any scene where the bad guys are being held at bay by a person with a shotgun and the bad guys are being questioned. For effect the good guy pumps the shotgun for "movie" effect letting the bad guy know he/she means business. What A-hole doesn't have the shotgun loaded and ready BEFORE he confronts the bad guy. This also is equally disturbing when they do it with semi auto handguns where a racking of the slide is done after the bad guys have their hands up. Stupid......

150 rounds from Hershel's pump shot gun in final walking dead, no reload.

Mgb223 beat me to it Hershel's shotgun was incredible,and the way the small Asian kid could sit out the window while firing that 12 ga and whipping around turns without falling out.
Lol I totally noticed that last night too! Also, As the small Asian kids getting headshots out of a moving vehicle I was like man it doesent look that easy on top shot!

Just watched "Transporter 2" and the bad chick has autopistols that seemed to never run out of ammo. When it did, she (almost naked) reloaded and proceeded to shoot for another 5 minutes or so. Pretty bad, actually.

Rome

How about Swamp people the TV show. Every time they are about to shoot an alligator with their rifle you hear a shotgun being pumped.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Die Hard II reference to the very expensive ceramic Glock 7 made in Germany.

1. There is no recoil.
2. Eight people, no ear pro, in a concrete bunker can empty a magazine each and no one has trouble hearing the sound of a mouse fart from the next room.
3. The A-Team. Thousands upon thousands of rounds fired and not one GSW.

Any scene where the bad guys are being held at bay by a person with a shotgun and the bad guys are being questioned. For effect the good guy pumps the shotgun for "movie" effect letting the bad guy know he/she means business. What A-hole doesn't have the shotgun loaded and ready BEFORE he confronts the bad guy. This also is equally disturbing when they do it with semi auto handguns where a racking of the slide is done after the bad guys have their hands up. Stupid......

Or when they do that, then a few minutes later they do it again...for effect....and you don't see a shell pop out.

I personally love all the silencers that make guns sound like toy phazer guns and attract 0 attention from people that are close by.

I think Schwarzeneggar has the world record. Can't remember if it was "Commando" or another one where he runs across a wide open area under a hail of machine gun fire, but using his 100+ round 1911 .45 he gets 100+ kills. He is truly an amazing shot, and dodging all those bullets, wow!

I'm going to have to go with the porcelain Glock 7 that can go through metal detectors and costs more than I make in a month. Let's just forget that the even-numbered Die Hards even exist.

one that always bothers me is in the Matrix during the lobby shooting spree...Neo is running firing two Skorpions and they cut to a view of the shell casings hitting the floor and they appear to be 7.62x39 or some other caliber WAY larger than would ever be in a Skorpion

I think Schwarzeneggar has the world record. Can't remember if it was "Commando" or another one where he runs across a wide open area under a hail of machine gun fire, but using his 100+ round 1911 .45 he gets 100+ kills. He is truly an amazing shot, and dodging all those bullets, wow!

that was commando all the way, dont forget the fact that the guys private army could hit water if they fell off a boat.......... really you pay millions to train your private army and they combined cant hit one guy in the open standing up [rofl] My personel favorite is in the movie Losers where Max shoots the Indian bomb maker inside the steel container, B.S. on that you would be deaf from the noise. Oh and how about the movie the Jackal where he lowers the windows on the mini van revealing a .50 cal and nobody notices come on..............."hey whats that in that mini van.......... oh must be a new option"

What about the Chinese Karate guy in Leathal Weapon 4, when he completey field strips a 9mm in the blink of an eye

150 rounds from Hershel's pump shot gun in final walking dead, no reload.

+1 that was driving me nuts, he did reload at the last bit just before finally running of to the truck with Rick, but the whole time I was laughing asking my wife "how many shells you think he's got stuffed in that tube?"

that was commando all the way, dont forget the fact that the guys private army could hit water if they fell off a boat.......... really you pay millions to train your private army and they combined cant hit one guy in the open standing up [rofl] My personel favorite is in the movie Losers where Max shoots the Indian bomb maker inside the steel container, B.S. on that you would be deaf from the noise. Oh and how about the movie the Jackal where he lowers the windows on the mini van revealing a .50 cal and nobody notices come on..............."hey whats that in that mini van.......... oh must be a new option"

That one of those hidden microphones![bs1]

The sound of the Hammer being cocked multiple times in Righteous Kill on their GLOCKs!

You missed the even better gun gaffe in that movie..... There is like a scene where DeNiro and Pacino are at a gun range and one of them is firing an MP5... and it shows the brass hitting the ground and the brass is effing .38 specials. [rofl]

-Mike

one that always bothers me is in the Matrix during the lobby shooting spree...Neo is running firing two Skorpions and they cut to a view of the shell casings hitting the floor and they appear to be 7.62x39 or some other caliber WAY larger than would ever be in a Skorpion

They're chambered for either .32ACP or one of the 9x's (17,18,19), depending on the exact version. IIRC, it was 5.56 brass that they used. Probably because it looks cooler.

Back
Top Bottom