• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your ammo worries are over.

Next would be to have ammo as part of a 401k.
Wait...you DON’T do that?

I have some ammo I’ll never even shoot but just hang onto because it keeps appreciating in value. No sense selling it now when it’ll probably be worth double in 5 years and triple in 10 because they don’t make it anymore and are no longer importing surplus.

I checked them out using a VPN and a throwaway email address. Subsonic 9mm ammo (no other particulars) -- $0.52/round, plus shipping unless I buy 500 rounds at a time. Hard pass.

This is awesome! It shows the folly of people who hold virtual gold and virtual virtual currency.

I'll stick to my non-virtual basement.
While one of the currencies I hold may be virtual, the fact that it's gone up 8x in the past two weeks has financed some very real reloading components.

I guess 8x your investment is folly though, better buy some CDs for that sick 0.28 APY...

It's an issue of having Company X "holding" your virtual virtual currency. The increased risk may not appear right away. But didn't a bitcoin company "lose" some bitcoin in the past?

Hold my virtual ammo?? Yeahno. Hold my virtual gold? Yeahno. Your investment comparison as an exercise in logic. . . . . Yeahno. LOL

We ship only high quality factory new (not reloaded) ammunition from brands we trust, brands like PMC, Fiocchi, Federal, Remington, Winchester, Speer, Magtech, Wolf, Aguila, etc.
This has "fail" written all over it. Treating Federal/Magtech/Wolf as "equivalent" is just plain ridiculous from a financial point, unless it translates to "Wolf, Magtech or similar". I suspect the reason for ammo brand opacity is because the firm may count on using future ammo buys to fill withdrawal requests - otherwise, they could just offer what brands they have for sale and record your deposit as ".500 SkySoldier MeganMagnum" or whatever, and send that when you withdraw.

And then there is question of "Are they operating on a fractional reserve basis?", and what if the word (accurately or not) gets out they are in trouble and the is a run on people cashing out what they own? Will they be able to do it? There is no FAGC (Federal Ammo Guarantee Corp) or FAB (Federal Ammo Bank) that will lend inventory to ammo banks if there is a run on deposits. An inaccurate rumor they are in trouble would almost certainly sink the company - unless they were prepared to fill all ammo depositary withdrawals with real ammo and pay for the promised "free shipping" on over $150 withdrawals.

If times get tight are they going to tell their customers "we can't pay our bills and have just enough money left to ship you your stuff" or are they going to start underbuying ammo with the hope they can turn things around?

No mention on independent audit, insurance or bonding. What if the warehouse burns down or is confiscated by the feds like those CA private safe deposit boxes?

Remember your role - you are not only a customer but an "unsecured creditor" if you leave ammo on deposit with them.

Plus their interpretation of AGGL (Attorney General General Law) has "future consent decree" written all over it.

I am suspicious of "real companies" that anonymize their address on the DNS registration.

Last edited:
It's an issue of having Company X "holding" your virtual virtual currency. The increased risk may not appear right away. But didn't a bitcoin company "lose" some bitcoin in the past?
I don't remember the firm, but it was a theft and the loss was apportioned as a 25% reduction in all accounts.

This has "fail" written all over it. Treating Federal/Magtech/Wolf as "equivalent" is just plain ridiculous from a financial point, unless it translates to "Wolf, Magtech or similar". I suspect the reason for ammo brand opacity is because the firm may count on using future ammo buys to fill withdrawal requests - otherwise, they could just offer what brands they have for sale and record your deposit as ".500 SkySoldier MeganMagnum" or whatever, and send that when you withdraw.

And then there is question of "Are they operating on a fractional reserve basis?", and what if the word (accurately or not) gets out they are in trouble and the is a run on people cashing out what they own? Will they be able to do it? There is no FAGC (Federal Ammo Guarantee Corp) or FAB (Federal Ammo Bank) that will lend inventory to ammo banks if there is a run on deposits. An inaccurate rumor they are in trouble would almost certainly sink the company - unless they were prepared to fill all ammo depositary withdrawals with real ammo and pay for the promised "free shipping" on over $150 withdrawals.

If times get tight are they going to tell our customers "we can't pay our bills and have just enough money left to ship you your stuff" or are they going to start underbuying ammo with the hope they can turn things around?

Remember your role - you are not only a customer but an "unsecured creditor" if you leave ammo on deposit with them.

I am suspicious of "real companies" that anonymize their address on the DNS registration.

Your credit card company will refund you if the company goes belly up. File a claim and when the biz fails to respond, you win. That's the way it works. Had to do that more than a few times in my life.

Real addresses are often anonymized to protect a business from bad actors. I operate a couple of sites and always hide my identity so I don't have to deal with the klowns out there looking to steal a domain or pound me with spam.

If this worked like a safety deposit box for off-site physical storage, that would be one thing (and even then a service of questionable value), but I think the ammo is full on conceptually owned and only fulfilled upon request. There are a million and one ways that could go wrong. Also, if one would doing this for SHTF ammo, what good is it if you don't have it when SHTF?

This is like an ammo ponzi scheme.

Your credit card company will refund you if the company goes belly up. File a claim and when the biz fails to respond, you win. That's the way it works. Had to do that more than a few times in my life.

Real addresses are often anonymized to protect a business from bad actors. I operate a couple of sites and always hide my identity so I don't have to deal with the klowns out there looking to steal a domain or pound me with spam.
Try getting your credit card company to refund you for a charge you made 10 years ago to a bankrupt or disappeared firm that offers no opportunity for clawback. There is a time limit on chargebacks. You are correct in the protection, IF you are ordering for delivery but not when keeping it on deposit for long term storage.

Good point on the anon domains, but they don't even post a physical address on their site - a big red flag, but not 100% indicative. Just part of the puzzle.

Last edited:
This is awesome! It shows the folly of people who hold virtual gold and virtual virtual currency.

I'll stick to my non-virtual basement.

I've been "investing" in precious metals for years. Started in earnest after the 22 scare a few years ago. At current consumption rates if I buy no more ammo, ever (HAH!), I have enough 22 to last until my grandkids (now 6 & 10) have children.. Similar quantities of 9mm, 45, x39, 223/556, 12ga... Herters was just "on sale" at $15/box so I bought 1500 rounds just cuz.. I think my foundation is starting to settle...

The 1st time I saw that ad I wondered what type of mental defective would fall for that. If I'm buying precious metals I want the physical item in my hand. We have enough pretend currency with the fed.

Virtual gold and the commodities market helped lead us to skyrocketing gold prices 15 years ago. The system is supposed to help control price increases. (More supply in virtual gold, less upward pressure.). That time, it backfired.

Financial question: so if it’s after time period, and you resell the ammo, is it gonna taxable? Is it considered investment?

Financial question: so if it’s after time period, and you resell the ammo, is it gonna taxable? Is it considered investment?
If you sell it at a profit, it's taxable. Whether the IRS could consider it as inventory (ordinary income) or a capital asset (capital gains), I would not want to guess.

Back
Top Bottom