• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You won't believe what Massad Ayoob is up to...

And this is news?

Darius, you need to get out more often! [rolleyes] [laugh2]

This was discussed MANY years ago, on MAF I do believe, when it was a real gun eList.

When I heard about it, I went to Mas' website and confirmed the info. I always respected Mas, but at that point I decided that I wasn't interested in his training.

I do however agree that he is making very valid points with it, but I am dead-set against performing medical procedures on students just to make a point. I am also a very anti-drug person who doesn't even like to take Rx meds unless they are really and truly needed.

Not the dates on that page (1998, 2001). Who knows what he's doing now.

Looks like cool training. If the blood was going to a blood bank it's even better training. [smile]

Come on We can come up with netter then that "NES shoot yourself in the leg drill"..oh ya the DEA have tried that already..LOL..! Lets work on it!

A friend went to his class quite some time ago and they tased him then had him shoot.

Yeah, we did that in his Stressfire class. I found it to be an interesting drill. I shot over 900 rounds that weekend. My hands were raw and sore as hell by the time Sunday evening came. Never did so much shooting in two days before. From the looks of his current schedule it appears as though he is abandoning NH almost entirely and taking his act on the road. I heard he lives in Florida these days.
-Cuz.

Count me as one who doesn't feel any need to shoot a ton of rounds in an advanced firearms course.

In the quest for an instructor requiring students to get as many rounds downrange as possible, the training and teaching aspect usually suffers.

Count me as one who doesn't feel any need to shoot a ton of rounds in an advanced firearms course.

In the quest for an instructor requiring students to get as many rounds downrange as possible, the training and teaching aspect usually suffers.

Actually, that wasn't the case for this particular class. You see, there were only two students, and there were three instructors including Mas himself. He did spend a good deal of time wondering why his dear "ex" wife didn't cancel the class when only two students registered. I must say he did give us our moneys worth. That is also the first time I met Michael DeBethencourt as he showed up to shoot the BS with Mas for a while. It was much fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

-Cuz.

I would tend to agree with you, however I am wondering what a good round count would be for any course.

LFI 2 you get tazed! And, Mass has been draining bood, pumping epinephrine and having the class shoot animals for years!

Mas Ayoob

For a whole bunch of years I was a big fan of Mas Ayoob. As my training base grew, I have become very doubtful of what he has to say. I believe that his lectures are very good. With that said, I become very concerned when I hear from several acquaintances, that they no longer carry because of the fear of the consequences of a shooting that they got from his lectures. This should not be the result from a firearms training course.
After this I started reading his articles with a more critical eye. As just one example of what I found, I read Mas's article about the Miami FBI shoot out with Maddox and Platt and compared it with the official autopsy report. Oddly Mas listed wounds the were not mentioned in the autopsy report. How can this be?? The more that I read the more I become convinced that he is writing some sort of historical fiction to illustrate his point of the day.

I become very concerned when I hear from several acquaintances, that they no longer carry because of the fear of the consequences of a shooting that they got from his lectures. This should not be the result from a firearms training course.
It shouldn't because of an internet forum, either, but that kind of negative, fear-inducing comments are what you see on here all the time. [rolleyes]

Don't know about today, but back when I took various LFI classes, Mas specifically asked people to NOT discuss their training. I never have gone into details, and now I wonder just why he asked it. Was it special privileged info? Or was it that he didn't want "non-believers" to know what his methods were?

In any case, he does make you think. And in the end, that might be one of the best lessons of all. For a thinking man (or woman) can take that which they find of value and ignore that which they don't.

Back
Top Bottom