**** you too, Franklin Armory

This might be the dumbest company I've had the displeasure of doing business with.

Was looking at one of their out-of-stock products on my phone, at work, using WiFi... get home and I've got an email from them offering me a discount to my personal email which has never touched my phone or office IP address. Damn, cookies and IP tracing have gotten GOOD huh? "We see you were considering our products, here's a special code just for you to get a discount..." well shit I wanted to try another of their in-stock products too but I was waffling on it based on price. Guess what, I WILL make the order because it's a good discount. Except it doesn't work.

Email them. Hey, the code you gave me doesn't work, also ETA on the other product being back in stock?

NO - we don't send unsolicited emails, you probably have an account with that email which you just accidentally logged into, and we aren't sending out codes right now at all, we don't have any promotions active at the moment, we won't give you a discount if that's what you're looking for, wait for a holiday and sign up for our newsletter. Oh and we don't have an ETA for the product you want; sign up for the wishlist and IF it ever goes back into stock we'll email you.

Really? Let me forward you your own marketing BS and discount offer, which comes from the same address you just emailed me from. PS your "wishlist" thing doesn't work without an account. Which I don't have.

f***ing morons.

P.S. their trigger suck too... buy a Fostech

Lol you sure it wasnt just some kind of a phishing scam?

100% - sent from their own email address (not just the display address).

If it was, it was sent by them from someone with access to their email, and the scammer knew the two products which I had viewed.

I would also point out it was just that; a discount code. No links, except to the products.

Last edited:
Was texting my brothers on Tuesday about getting a fire pit (Solo) for our dad on his birthday. Today all three of us got junk mail from this company Breeo, which is Solo’s big competitor for these portable fire pits. Anyone else in the area get that flyer today or is the targeted marketing really getting that creepy?

Was texting my brothers on Tuesday about getting a fire pit (Solo) for our dad on his birthday. Today all three of us got junk mail from this company Breeo, which is Solo’s big competitor for these portable fire pits. Anyone else in the area get that flyer today or is the targeted marketing really getting that creepy?

Had a phone conversation about golfing (which I never talk about and haven't done in 15+ years and never from this address) and three days later I got 2 golfing catalogs and a membership offer in the junk mail... and brother I have not been getting much if any junk mail lately. It was mildly concerning.

Favorite was sitting with a powered on Android phone, talking with a friend about a random car (we picked a 1972 AMC Pacer because neither had thought or typed about one in years) just to see what happens... we just made up fake sentences conversationally about the car, then went and opened the browser after maybe 20 minutes of babbling about it. Welp, myth busted... until the next day when we started getting ads for AMC replacement bumpers and various classic car suppliers on BOTH of our phones. /tinfoilon

Its that creepy. My company sends out ads like that apparently, we only found out because they did a poll to find out if any employees had gotten one out of error (algorithm was good enough to not send it to any employees personal email)

Everything is listening, watching, learning
As much as I hate to use amazon its getting very good at recommendations and deal alerts base on my history , at work our computer has a mic and it must listen because everything we talkabout will be at the top of any seatches?

Smartphone? Smart TV? Alexa device? SOMEthing is listening, I'm convinced. A relative and her son were talking face-to-face about something goofy, and then started getting related ads.

Shit is creepy.

About a yr ago a buddy was talking face to face with me about retiring from the Army after 20+ years.

Next day gets called up back to afghanistan.😮 Cuz f*** you and f*** your retirement!🤨

Yep, and how many of you store email and credit card info in your phone and with vendors, leave GPS and location services on, use siri, alexa etc, link to blah, blah, blah. I turn everything off-it can be a pain in the ass. No geolocating when I search for something to buy. "Nearby" shops are usualy near ISP headquarter. Java script off in brave browser (for most sites), disable autoplay, refuse 3rd cookies; clear all cookies and other data when I quit browser. Yep, I am almost as paranoid as that mel gibson movie character. I use disposable email addresses so I can figure out who is selling my info. I put playdoh in remote mics. I open up my TVs and remove the inter mic. It is not perfect but it working for the sales droids. Not sure for .gov. I look up so much wacky stuff as the "doctor" in the family and just becasue. I even carry my phone in a rfid bag. :eek: Yet, I am sure thre is a file a mile long on me. I behave on NES but put some crazy stuff out there on other forums trying to entrap the man. It is going to be dangerous when I retire. [cheers]

Yep, and how many of you store email and credit card info in your phone and with vendors, leave GPS and location services on, use siri, alexa etc, link to blah, blah, blah. I turn everything off-it can be a pain in the ass. No geolocating when I search for something to buy. "Nearby" shops are usualy near ISP headquarter. Java script off in brave browser (for most sites), disable autoplay, refuse 3rd cookies; clear all cookies and other data when I quit browser. Yep, I am almost as paranoid as that mel gibson movie character. I use disposable email addresses so I can figure out who is selling my info. I put playdoh in remote mics. I open up my TVs and remove the inter mic. It is not perfect but it working for the sales droids. Not sure for .gov. I look up so much wacky stuff as the "doctor" in the family and just becasue. I even carry my phone in a rfid bag. :eek: Yet, I am sure thre is a file a mile long on me. I behave on NES but put some crazy stuff out there on other forums trying to entrap the man. It is going to be dangerous when I retire. [cheers]
My favorite is forgetting im vpn'ed into eastern europe or something and I start getting ads in full russian for who knows what

Shouldn't this be in either the "While f***ing off at work poaching their wifi." or "I know my cell phone tracks and monitors everything I do but I'm still outraged." thread?

[laugh]
[rofl]

Company stopped comping my miles and gas just after the "totally fair and honest election" so now I have an hour commute just to get to my new "company vehicle".

The least they could do is let me use the WIFI while I wait for the other half of my "duo" who usually lives closer and is almost always late.

I'm done being freaked out by tracking. It is what it is at this point... so you do your best to avoid the system all together.

Regardless of source thats shitty customer service, you would figure "pls forward that to us, it may have been a mistake, but if it turns out as such, we can email you a coupon at least for your inconvenience"

Regardless of source thats shitty customer service, you would figure "pls forward that to us, it may have been a mistake, but if it turns out as such, we can email you a coupon at least for your inconvenience"
right. it might be a wrong setting in their backend software. if he received it, others probably will too. if that's the case, he's helping them get in front of a bigger problem...

Yeah, exactly... "Can you forward it to us" might have been nice. Maybe offer to match the offered discount, or as you say they could explain why they can't... but to go all agro and insist it didn't happen, or imply I'm sucking around for a freebie, is a little insulting and just cost them about $1400 in business. Truth be told I wasn't even going to buy anything until the discount was offered, and now that it's retracted (plus the attitude) I wouldn't want to anyway.

Back
Top Bottom