• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You thought Massacusetts was bad, part 2

Ridiculous...A retired State Police Inspector, a retired Cop, a former Mayor, and a CURRENT DA, all to get a LTC at 43!...and it's only good for the county you live in! Not that the People's Republic of MA is looking good, but thank god I'm not there.

dreppucci007 said:
Ridiculous...A retired State Police Inspector, a retired Cop, a former Mayor, and a CURRENT DA, all to get a LTC at 43!...and it's only good for the county you live in! Not that the People's Republic of MA is looking good, but thank god I'm not there.

Who told you it's only good in the county you live in?

My upstate permit is good anywhere in the state except NYC.

Regards
John

Wasn't there a lawyer (or two) in NYC that specialized in assisting people in obtaining a NYC LTC/CCW?

I guess the logic would be "If you can afford a NYC lawyer, you probably need a LTC."

Ray P said:
Wasn't there a lawyer (or two) in NYC that specialized in assisting people in obtaining a NYC LTC/CCW?

I guess the logic would be "If you can afford a NYC lawyer, you probably need a LTC."

<shrug> I guess so. I regularly see small advertisements for such a service in the New York Daily News. I don't much worry about the city.

Regards
John

In NY, you must apply in the County you live in. The permit is valid in all counties except for the "other" New Yor State, NYC. That requires additional stuff.

My contacts in NY tend to make me believe that getting a NY Permit is actually easier than Mass.

Nickle said:
In NY, you must apply in the County you live in. The permit is valid in all counties except for the "other" New York State, NYC. That requires additional stuff.

My contacts in NY tend to make me believe that getting a NY Permit is actually easier than Mass.

Depends on the county. Many, if not most, of the upstate counties are, for all practical purposes, shall issue.

Some counties choose to be pricks. Westchester is almost as impossible as NYC.

With a few exceptions, like Nassau and Suffolk on Long Island, no renewal is needed. I've had my permit since 1972, never had to renew it.

Regards
John

Right, it does depend on the county. A few (e.g., NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Saratoga) are essentially impossible, unless, of course, you happen to be a rich celebrity who supports stricter gun control laws. Even upstate, only about half the counties will issue for protection, while the others only give target & hunting. The other down side is the fact that all your guns have to be registered, with a separate fee every time you add or drop one.

Ken

Pilgrim said:
I just read somewhere where a guy was talking about buying his latest gun. It was his fifth gun and before he could bring it home, he had to have a state cop inspect his safe. I think it was NY but I might be wrong.

Nope, not NY, at least not upstate.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom