• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You need to spread this article far and wide to keep children safe.

rogersmithiii

NES Member
If you have ANY children in your world, you need to read this article.
It might just allow you to save a life, and prevent a tragedy.
The reality is that locking up your guns is not enough to keep your kids safe. You need to gun-proof your children first and foremost.

If you have ANY children in your world, you need to read this article.
It might just allow you to save a life, and prevent a tragedy.
The reality is that locking up your guns is not enough to keep your kids safe. You need to gun-proof your children first and foremost.

Yup. My kids are gun proofed with 22lr, .380, and now 9mm. I took them to the range early on to understand firearms and how to use them properly as a tool.

My kids were taught to never touch the guns without me, but ask and you'll have unlimited access. Kept them from being curious, since they knew they just had to wait for me and we'd play with them. They even turned themselves in so I wouldn't find out: "Dad, I was in the closet and your shotgun fell and I had to touch it" (it was in a case, too). Teach them right and you don't have to worry.

Now, they know where the guns are and which ones are loaded. A loaded weapon is in each of their rooms for the unthinkable. My daughter was home from school early one day (only had one final) and was napping when my wife went home unexpectedly in the middle of the day. My wife got upstairs to find a locked and loaded .357 rifle in my daughter's hands. We all high fived. My wife and I were proud of her reactions.

Back
Top Bottom