• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You need to move to New Hampshire...

Actually Yes……From where I live it is 30mins to Westfield, 45mins to Springfield, and 50mins (and a very nice ride) to the Windsor CT corporate area where I worked with many "Sr.Level IT" people up until my retirement. So go ahead and sit in that eastern MA commuter traffic for a half hour and bitch about how you don’t want to move west and commute another 15min.
Please post a link, I've looked and can't find any. Just to be clear, we're talking manager/director well into the six figures.

Imagine being a conservative in Lexington. They hold gun control rallies on the Battle Green. They teach elementary school children that gender is just a concept. They preach diversity but demand conformity. But I'm not leaving or staying quiet. There are other men and women here who feel the same, and we make as much noise as we can.

I grew up in NJ. Moved to Indiana for a year around 2000. Then to Arizona for 8, then to MA in 2008 for 11. In Arizona I got caught in the housing bubble, got laid off, lost 150k equity in my home and avoided bankruptcy (but not foreclosure) by a public hair. So safe to say I've been around a bit.

Lady Radtekk was born and raised, married and divorced in MA. We got married 4 years ago. My divorce from my first wife was final a couple of years prior. Her kids are long-since grown and on their own, I started late so my youngest is now a college freshman at SNHU.

Weve both watched the not-so-slow slide of MA for years, with obviously different perspectives and experiences. Neither of us had ANY confidence that it would reverse course. In fact, it's gotten worse. So we plotted our escape, using this September as our goal.

We took a US map and got started. New England got lopped off because climate. We flirted briefly with Wyoming because taxes and 2a but again, weather won out and we carved the entire northern part of the country off. Bye-bye Utah, Idaho, the Dakotas, Ohio, Michigan, etc. The West coast was easy. Then the southwest, but having lived in Arizona for 8 years i was done there also. So away went Nevada, AZ, New Mexico... Texas is flat and floods. It's hot too. Gulf coast is humid and has hurricanes. Florida, we'll, it's Florida... Moving up the East coast, hurricanes. So we were left with the "middle" of the country. We like to ride, so the Midwest and "flat" states were out. Who wants to get on a motorcycle and ride in straight lines through cornfields?

We wanted to be close enough to a decent-sized city to get good health care but far enough out that the mobs either couldn't find us or would starve before they did. We wanted decent pay, low taxes, obviously pro-2a politics, moderate climate, decent infrastructure.

We did a LOT of reading, research, mapping, etc. The country got REALLY small. Eastern Tennessee, Southern Kentucky, Western Carolinas is pretty much what was left.

Jefferson County Tennessee is a 2a sanctuary county. It's 75% republican. We bought a 1200sq ft ranch on 21 mostly wooded acres with three outbuildings totaling another 1000+ sq ft, including an 840sq ft "shop" with 10ft high cinder block walls and poured concrete floor. We paid 168k, taxes are $900 a YEAR. my car insurance is 1/2 MA, gas is 30-40¢/gal cheaper, the list goes on. I took a 28% pay cut for a 55% housing cost reduction and aside from veggies at the market EVERYTHING is cheaper.

People down here are NICE. they're open, friendly, polite, helpful, happy. Sure, there are a**h***s, but they're fewer and farther between. "Rush hour" is 5 cars at a 4-way intersection. I've posted pics about shooting on the side yard of my house. Fairly common occurrence.

Point is, there IS life outside MA. It may have been "home" to my wife, but it never was to me. I'm an AMERICAN, never hyphenated, don't "identify". I'll fight the good fight down here, get involved politically where it actually counts. I never missed an election in MA even though it was hopeless, here I plan to help keep the liberals at bay as long as I can. I can do some good here. I wish those left behind the best of luck, and you're ways welcome here. But I won't feel guilty.

- Many years ago a friend told me "the snow doesn't know where the state line is" in response to the oft-heard statement that NH has a lot worse Winters than MA. At least near the border, the weather isn't much different than MA (up in the mountain region this wouldn't be true). And some of us (me) can't tolerate the constant high humidity and high temperatures of places like FL.

YMMV
The winter weather north of Boston is definitely worse than south of the city.

The winter weather north of Boston is definitely worse than south of the city.
Most bad weather USED TO come down from Canada. What I've noticed is that starting with the Blizzard of '78, most of the really bad weather has been coming in from the South or West. Nothing is 100%, but there have been changes in weather patterns.

I’ve been commuting from the south coast to the Littleton are for almost 20yrs. They always get more snow up there in the winter. It’s hotter in the summer and colder in the winter.

I have been in Mass my entire life. My parents are in Mass. My business is in Mass. I need to get out of Mass. It goes way beyond 2A. Watching the news each morning makes me cringe. Everyday a new tax or new law is proposed... every day. Traffic is getting worse by the day. I have a dilemma. I am very close to my parents. I visit them four times a week. They are in good health but in their late seventies. I am in my early fifties. I really do not want to leave them behind when they may need me the most. But I am running the numbers and anticipating what traffic, laws, taxes and the population will be like here in ten years. I do not want to leave them behind but there is no way in hell I am still going to be here in ten years. This place is done. Nobody is ever turning this place around. I will fly back as needed to help out.

We live a simple life. We enjoy fishing, hunting, shooting, hiking, cooking things from scratch, gardening.... you get it. Basically, we are the outliers in this community. As my mom said last week to me, "honey, you were born a 100 years too late". I figure my wife and I have 30 years left to live. We worked very hard to get where we are, and we hope to retire by age 57. We are trying to figure where we can go and be happy for the last few decades we have left. New England will not make the cut. Even NH will be cooked in ten years or so.
This x 100 Property taxes alone are killing me here. $605 per month with an abatement. It'll be $900ish per month after the abatement is gone.
The wife and I are looking in Roanoke and Asheville this April. I have some job opportunities lining up.

Everybody's situation is different. I wasn't born in New England, I was raised in the midwest. I literally started NES to bring the New England shooting community closer together in 2005. I've always fought for constitutional rights and I will until the day I die.

I left MA for many many reasons, guns was pretty low on my list but had Larry Frisoli beaten Martha Coakley in the MA AG race I would have stuck around. It was a landslide loss for Larry and I told myself "why do I subject myself to this liberal lunacy?". MA literally voted against a income tax reduction when I lived there.

When I lived in MA every single time I turned on the news it was another BAN, TAX, shitty LAW, attack on law abiding gun owners, criminals and illegals being handled with kid gloves, etc. Its literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm much happier in NH, no income tax for my wife or I, I can order anything I want and have it shipped to my house. I have a range in my backyard and have my other crazy libertarian buddies over for shoots, matches, tannerite, bbq, etc all the time. My town isn't trying to ban anything. When I turn on the news its mostly shitty crap that is happening in MA.

Life is too short to deal with liberal shitheads every day. I'll always have my brothers and sisters backs who stay in MA and when the time comes I'll be running overwatch for them as we close the lines and fight back the commies. Until that time comes I choose to surround myself with like minded people and enjoy the few years we have on this planet. I have so many fellow NES'ers up here with me, we have a pretty good f-ing time.

Everybody's situation is different. I wasn't born in New England, I was raised in the midwest. I literally started NES to bring the New England shooting community closer together in 2005. I've always fought for constitutional rights and I will until the day I die.

I left MA for many many reasons, guns was pretty low on my list but had Larry Frisoli beaten Martha Coakley in the MA AG race I would have stuck around. It was a landslide loss for Larry and I told myself why do I subject myself to this liberal lunacy? MA literally voted against a income tax reduction when I lived there.

When I lived in MA every single time I turned on the news it was another BAN, TAX, shitty LAW, attack on law abiding gun owners, criminals and illegals being handled with kid gloves, etc. Its literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm much happier in NH, no income tax for my wife or I, I can order anything I want and have it shipped to my house. I have a range in my backyard and have my other crazy libertarian buddies over for shoots, matches, tannerite, bbq, etc all the time. My town isn't trying to ban anything. When I turn on the news its mostly shitty crap that is happening in MA.

Life is too short to deal with liberal shitheads every day. I'll always have my brothers and sisters backs who stay in MA and when the time comes I'll be running overwatch for them as we close the lines and fight back the commies. Until that time comes I choose to surround myself with like minded people and enjoy the few years we have on this planet. I have so many fellow NES'ers up here with me, we have a pretty good f-ing time.

When push comes to shove, We will be One Nation, One Heart and One Voice. You have out backs... and We will have yours.
~Enbloc

Last edited:
Time to start building your Foxhole Radios...

885fb25a1a7e8ff6504a72b878ae63db.jpg

ed3da2326e28ce65b19b9d7cbc4e16b9.png

Last edited:
People in NH fail to see that the front line is currently in MA. If this line falls, their OpA is next.

I disagree- There is no "next" - the antis have been banging away simultaneously on a lot of different fronts since sandy hook bullshit happened. Everyone needs to be vigilant, free state or not. I actually think free states need to be MORE vigilant, MA/NY/CA/etc are already f***ed, there's not much left in the shithole states to take away, the free states can lose everything because of a lack of advocacy and a lot of loafing by gun owners in those places. There are a lot of other free states way more vulnerable than NH is, too. (NH has a short legislative season, a lack of money, and a republican governor in its favor at the moment, but all of that can change... ) Look at what happened in FL as an example of this. A lot of people loafed around because of a lack of threats and then one dumb kid shoots up a school and turncoats stab them in the back....

-Mike

Lived in Mass all my life. Recent major life changes mean I'm working out what my next steps are going to be, which could include staying where I am, in one of the nicest parts of the state. I have peace and quiet and no lack of woods and space. Comfortable enough, but considering a move partly because of the gun laws but also because of the daily onslaught of crap that Admin put so well in his post above

Radtekk thanks for writing the synopsis of your thinking when you were planning to relocate. Your rationales are much the same as mine in narrowing down a potential relocation zone to eastern Tenn, southern KY and the western Carolinas. It's been a long time since I've been down there but the landscape is familiar and comforting and I remember what you say about people just being friendly. Everybody in Mass, and to a certain extent all of New England, walks around like they've got a chip on their shoulder. Just making eye contact or saying hi on the street is like a major overture here!

Fritz, Asheville was just amazingly beautiful when I was there. However, from what I've heard it has been a magnet for coastal liberals and that has changed the culture there. Roanoke is also beautiful, just be aware that the beautiful mountains there may change forever once the new Democrat regime decides to start planting 500' wind turbines all over. Due diligence is advised.

I'd like to get down there sometime soon and poke around.

Other potential places if I move include Maine and New Hampshire, but I'm getting scared for them too. Vermont is lost (see Asheville, above).

I disagree- There is no "next" - the antis have been banging away simultaneously on a lot of different fronts since sandy hook bullshit happened.

A lot longer than that. But funny thing about that incident (and I'm speaking as someone who lives just a few miles away, and who almost lost a good friend there that day): zero on the kid's medical backstory. Still. And I'm not accepting "HIPAA" as the rationale - that only stretches so far, especially when it comes to dogged investigation. And the way anything and everything to do with it - the school, the Lanza house - was destroyed afterwards - not merely demolished, mind you, but everything run through an industrial shredder "so as not to see souvenirs on Ebay." [rolleyes]

Everybody's situation is different. I wasn't born in New England, I was raised in the midwest...

I grew up in NJ. Moved to Indiana for a year around 2000. Then to Arizona for 8, then to MA in 2008 for 11. In Arizona I got caught in the housing bubble, got laid off, lost 150k equity in my home and avoided bankruptcy (but not foreclosure) by a public hair. So safe to say I've been around a bit.

Lady Radtekk was born and raised, married and divorced in MA...

Point is, there IS life outside MA. It may have been "home" to my wife, but it never was to me. I'm an AMERICAN...

If you're not from New England, I don't think you have much reason to stay here. The people are abrasive, its f*cking cold, everything's expensive, and New England is very different from the rest of America. The roads are confusing for non-locals. The locals are sarcastic. The food is pretty different from what you get in the rest of the country. New England is comparatively tiny. It's a small world of narrow-minded liberals with plenty of snow, ice, and humidity.

But if you're a dyed-in-the-wool New Englander with family going back to the 1600s in the area, there's New England and then a bunch of other places that aren't New England. If a foreign person was to ask me where I'm from, I wouldn't say "America," I'd say "New England."

So ... stay in MA and support the system with your taxes. Great idea.

Why not ... move to NH, defend freedom there and also donate to Comm2A and GOAL in MA + help clubs like Monadnock in NH and Granby in MA that are fighting the towns?

That, to me, makes a lot more sense.

You are already outvoted more than 10 to 1, so you wont change a thing with votes.

If every tech company wasnt here, or in some other liberal city, I would be out of here in 30 seconds.

Last edited:
You do have to ask, though, why do they fly complicated medical cases from NH to MA hospitals?
Why so many people ride the traffic from 6:00 AM down to MA for work?

I also think that MA is a communist state but I have no illusions about other places because I have lived there already. I have lived and worked in Europe (Germany, Austria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, England) and I would not go back there now. I have also worked in New Hampshire and I would not go back there now.

I have realized that overall the world is not for people like us. It probably never was! Once you come to that conclusion, you learn how to take advantage of things available to you just where you are.

You do have to ask, though, why do they fly complicated medical cases from NH to MA hospitals?
Why so many people ride the traffic from 6:00 AM down to MA for work?
Other than the usual (graft over golf games), NH is small business friendly cuz not ridiculous on taxes hitting small biz. It's extremely UN-horseshit-big-business friendly cuz (1) Business Enterprise Tax, and (2) the aforementioned unwillingness to golf.

I’ll start by stating that I agree with most of Len’s post, but:

MA has a very regressive inheritance tax structure. If all your assets exceed $1Million when you die (and houses are worth a very large part of that in much of Eastern MA), the inheritance tax STARTS at 16% (from the first dollar) and the tax rate increases if you have more assets. So those that saved/invested and did well through-out their lives and hope to pass on their money to an heir cause a lot of it to be wasted on the corrupt Mass DOR/gov't waste machine. NH has no inheritance tax.

It’s not quite so. MA is one of 12(?) States that has a Städte Level income tax. This sucks, of course. But it doesn’t start at 16%. Nor does it start at $1.

Estates valued at greater than 1 million are subject to the tax. If your estate is $999,000 it pays NO tax. If your estate is $1.5 million, you pay tax on almost all of it. First $40k has a tax rate of 0%, rising from there. The 16% kicks in if the estate is more than $10 million. (That’s also the fed threshold and the federal tax is, if I’m not mistaken 40%. I don’t know because I’m never going to have to face that problem, having chosen my parents without considering wealth. Oh bother.)

It’s still ridiculous to give the f*cking Commonwealth anything, considering they already scooped the cream when you earned the goddamn $$

R

We did a LOT of reading, research, mapping, etc. The country got REALLY small. Eastern Tennessee, Southern Kentucky, Western Carolinas is pretty much what was left.

*sigh*

I’m a lifelong sailor. I need to be close to salt water. I’m also old and fat and can’t cope with heat and (ESPECIALLY) humidity. That pretty much leaves New England, the PacNW and (shudder) California. As you say, “The country got REALLY small.”

That’s MY map. My wife’s map includes pollen data because allergies (grass, trees, flowers; the all set her off. Plus cats. Boo.)

My mother is in her mid 80s and her health is about what you might expect it to be. She and my late father emigrated to the US from Europe in the early 60s. Her attitude on moving is “I moved 3200 miles west and am not moving again”

I’m stuck here in this state until my mother passes and the options after that are damned slim.

R

We have been going through the same exercise that @Radtekk mentioned above. New England is done. Heck, all coastal states because of the politics. Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky sound perfect, but we really enjoy winters. We love to ski, and quite frankly I love that cold crisp air when there is snow on the ground. So we started to focus on Utah, Montana and Wyoming. We have done a few trips so far and have more planned. Utah got ruled out because it is changing rapidly. So we are down to two states but leaning toward Montana. A little bit nervous of the politics changing here but I think it will be okay for the rest of our lifetime. It just ticks off all the boxes. Beautiful, focused on outdoor interests, great fishing, hunting and hiking, and scenery that is unmatched any where else. It has some legit cities so medical care is pretty good. It gets darn cold, which I enjoy and I think is a bit of a deterrent for some of the fair weather coastal folks that I want nothing to do with.

It is amazing that I am considering a move not just for enjoyment, but to get away from such a large chunk of population that I cannot stand. It is sad really. We all are from the same country yet we have such different beliefs. We can't even agree on standing for the Pledge of Allegience! I have said this before. This country will slowly split geographically, as people look to be with others of same beliefs and philosophies. More and more areas of the country will turn into total crap-holes like Seattle and San Fransisco, especially when those who can get out, leave.

We have been going through the same exercise that @Radtekk mentioned above. New England is done. Heck, all coastal states because of the politics. Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky sound perfect, but we really enjoy winters. We love to ski, and quite frankly I love that cold crisp air when there is snow on the ground. So we started to focus on Utah, Montana and Wyoming. We have done a few trips so far and have more planned. Utah got ruled out because it is changing rapidly. So we are down to two states but leaning toward Montana.

Obligatory:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0

[grin]

It is amazing that I am considering a move not just for enjoyment, but to get away from such a large chunk of population that I cannot stand. It is sad really. We all are from the same country yet we have such different beliefs. We can't even agree on standing for the Pledge of Allegience! I have said this before. This country will slowly split geographically, as people look to be with others of same beliefs and philosophies. More and more areas of the country will turn into total crap-holes like Seattle and San Fransisco, especially when those who can get out, leave.
I'm quite fond of promoting partition. The fact of the matter, though, is by definition the Progs won't leave us be, even to leave. Their entire raison d'être is control.

Moving e.g. to New Hampshire is (as someone has already pointed out) about regrouping behind defensible battle lines. Such places haven't completely fallen yet. Constipation, Twoshits, etc., have.

MA. is gone and never coming back. Nothing to fight for because the sheeple here have what they want. If it wasn't for MIT/WPI and the liberal elite Universities and hospitals Ma. would be just another over taxed liberal State. What are you fighting for? We are outnumbered 1000-1 and WE are the enemy to the clueless citizens of Ma. The citizens of Ma. have the govt. they want and deserve.

Obligatory:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0

[grin]

I'm quite fond of promoting partition. The fact of the matter, though, is by definition the Progs won't leave us be, even to leave. Their entire raison d'être is control.

Moving e.g. to New Hampshire is (as someone has already pointed out) about regrouping behind defensible battle lines. Such places haven't completely fallen yet. Constipation, Twoshits, etc., have.

Even in a split US the struggle would continue. I read somewhere SJW's get off on the struggle more than achieving the goal. If they cant find a cause to advocate for theyll make one up. For them it's about forcing their will upon others. Even if the country was split, theres no way they could just sit idly by and let the other side live their life.

Back
Top Bottom