• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You need to move to New Hampshire...

Dude, it's not a flipping excuse.
Selling a dental practice isn't like selling a house. And besides I would walk away with probably $1.99 in my pocket at this point because of a construction loan and other associated debts.

Moving just ain't in the budget. But when I do, it won't be to NH. It will be somewhere warm.

But that's ok. Enjoy the weather up there on your horse.

Whatever

Put the house up for sale, bought the house in NH the following week and sold the business to 2 of my employees. We were outta there regardless of any sales.

But if you couldn't afford to buy the house in NH and had to rent, would it have changed anything with your move? Not sure I'd want to move and have to rent and not be able to own. I'd wait until I could afford to buy something.

The only way the politicians stop trampling the constitution is if they are punnished the way they were back when the constitution was written. It will never happen since you will either die or spend the rest of your life in jail. With all the liberal crap thats being pushed in schools and by the media, things will just continue to spread into EVERY state eventually. The question is how many more geneations before legal firearm owners are long gone?

I pray it tanks again.

Depends on whether or not the bust coincides with actual demand. If the demand is high prices will slip but not far enough that the prices will come out of Cosby land by more than like 20%. The only way cup buyers are going to see real savings is if people have overestimated the demand and they built too much shit. I doubt that though, friend of mine put up a building in Brighton and they 95% filled the place, 20 something units, within like a month or two of getting their occupancy permit, well, that and places like Somerville, Malden, Melrose, etc, going bonkers on real estate... places 10-15 or so years ago that were "warm" are now in high demand.

-Mike

Depends on whether or not the bust coincides with actual demand. If the demand is high prices will slip but not far enough that the prices will come out of Cosby land by more than like 20%. The only way cup buyers are going to see real savings is if people have overestimated the demand and they built too much shit. I doubt that though, friend of mine put up a building in Brighton and they 95% filled the place, 20 something units, within like a month or two of getting their occupancy permit, well, that and places like Somerville, Malden, Melrose, etc, going bonkers on real estate... places 10-15 or so years ago that were "warm" are now in high demand.

-Mike
Inside the 93 /95 belt, forget about it. There is so much demand and everyone is doing whatever they can to try to delay new buildings. Anything new that comes up for rent or sale is purchased/rented right away.

Where I am at, they finally got permits to build a couple of condo developments, I think like 20 units each. A bigger 300 unit downsized to like 200 and people are fighting it. And everything new is rentals, so house/apartment ownership in Boston is not increasing that much. On top of that, they are all "luxury" $2K+ per month rentals.

We might feel a slow economy in this area, but it will be nothing.

Now, places like Ashland, MA, Nashua, NH and places West of Ashland and north of Nashua, they will feel it if it is bad. But at the same time you have enough people that have been saving, that they might jump at it and keep prices from dipping too low.

Where it will be really bad is all over the south. Carolinas, TN, GA, FL ... the building of units in those areas is INSANE. There are soooooo many new developments. Go to Realtor.com and look around, there are thousands of properties on sale. Those will get screwed.

-Mike
I’m hoping the SE NH towns will sink a bit more. I already work in Merrimack, just need Mrs. to-be to warm up to the idea of getting a job in NH too so she won’t have to still commute to Beverly.
I’ve been seeing some BEAUTIFUL houses out in Milford but that’s too far for both of us.

Inside the 93 /95 belt, forget about it. There is so much demand and everyone is doing whatever they can to try to delay new buildings.

Compared to commiefornia though they're not blocking shit. There's stuff going up all over the place, and a lot of it isn't shitty either, like it is in CA where everything is 2 floors at
best. Most of the shit my friend is running into is not "we don't want the building" its about stuff like regular vs affordables, etc, that kind of mix. Of course eventually they are
going to run out of old shitty property to roll and that will sort of stagnate the new build outs.

Where I am at, they finally got permits to build a couple of condo developments, I think like 20 units each. A bigger 300 unit downsized to like 200 and people are fighting it. And everything new is rentals, so house/apartment ownership in Boston is not increase that much.

Depends, some of those things are starting as rentals now, but there's nothing stopping them from switching them, IIRC.

Let's put it this way though, the 2-4 story condo/apartment buildings theyre putting up all over the cup right now are like twice the density of the shit in northern CA, and MA's demand is probably only half as bad as what it is out there. In CA there are college kids making like $125G's sleeping in motorhomes on side streets... [rofl]

We might feel a slow economy in this area, but it will be nothing.

Now, places like Ashland, MA, Nashua, NH and places West of Ashland and north of Nashua, they will feel it if it's bad. But at the same time you have enough people that have been saving, that they might jump at it and keep pricing from dipping too low.

Yes, I agree, during the next bust... outside the cup, will get hit harder, because some of those people will either move away, or move into the cup.

Where it will be really bad is all over the south. Carolinas, TN, GA, FL ... the building of units in those areas is INSANE. There are soooooo many new developments. Go to Realtor.com and look around, there are thousands of properties on sale. Those will get screwed.

Oh yeah... well, they got porked in 08 with the supbrime loan scandal, etc... people bought scads of big property down there and the employment market just didnt exist to
support it long term....

-Mike

Dude, it's not a flipping excuse.
Selling a dental practice isn't like selling a house. And besides I would walk away with probably $1.99 in my pocket at this point because of a construction loan and other associated debts.

Moving just ain't in the budget. But when I do, it won't be to NH. It will be somewhere warm.

But that's ok. Enjoy the weather up there on your horse.

Just make damn sure its where people want their teeth. NH and ME are not in that formula. LOL

Back
Top Bottom