you need shop access ?

we will be moving to standish,maine by the first of the year,i am having a shop built,it will have a mill,small lathe,drill press,sand blaster,arc welder,small hand tools,AK bending jig,1911 frame rail cutter,ect. i know how hard it is for some folks to get access to shop equip. my shop will be open to any builders that would like to use it. if any body is interested please post. :D ed smith

That is a very generous offer. I'm sure there will be some interested people for that. If I get the funds together to do some new builds I know I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Chris

edsmith said:
it will have a mill,small lathe,drill press,sand blaster,arc welder,small hand tools

Drooling.gif
Drooling.gif
Drooling.gif
Drooling.gif
Drooling.gif
Drooling.gif

I'm jealous... used to have a 9" South Bend but sold it when I moved up here since I didn't have room to put it. Never have replaced it... but there are times when I wish I still had it. Never had a mill, but again, there are times...

i have finished 2 80% 1911 builds,1 to do yet,going to do 2 ak47s, as soon as i can build the bending jig. those ups jerks delivered my 12 ton press today,it came in 2 boxes,they were smashed open,about 1/3 of the parts were missing,and some of the parts were bent,how do you bend 3/16 steel making a delivery?its beyond me.h.f is sending another one. i quit smoking 2 weeks ago,after 50 years of smoking,so you know i ain't happy. :D ed smith

great, theres been a short delay on our home being set up,we won't beable to get into it untill dec.20, so i should have things set up by middle of jan. ed smith

Hmmm

Intriguing...

Ed, if you're ever interested.. I love the idea of building AK's... I have yet to actually finish one, but I have everything to do so.

We should get together one day.

I have most of the jigs actually. I have the flat bending jig, and the trigger guard rivet jig... Heck I even bought one of those darn howto build dvd's...

I have 3 parts kits here I've been meaning to do...

I've got a shop, I'm just a wannabe welder, and I've got second thoughts on putting those rails on.

Heck, I can even heat treat the receivers as I have a portable blacksmith oven to cook them in!

We should probably talk one of these days :)

Not sure how far away I am, living in NH, but can't be too far of a drive for me.

Carter

i do CAD design work and reverse engineering at a precision machine shop, im also the quality control manager. I have access to a fully stocked inspection department, CMM and other goodies.
so if anyone wants to have some CAD models and Blueprints made up i can be of some help in that department assuming i have the time.

SnakeEye said:
i do CAD design work and reverse engineering at a precision machine shop, im also the quality control manager. I have access to a fully stocked inspection department, CMM and other goodies.
so if anyone wants to have some CAD models and Blueprints made up i can be of some help in that department assuming i have the time.

SWEET!

carter,nickle

carter,yea we need to try to get together,right now with moving and getting my shop built,its going to be awhile before i get any spare time. nickle wants to know if i would like to host some building partys,you bet,as soon as i can get settled.after the shop gets built,i have to build the benches, and arrange every thing i have going in the shop,i have a sand blaster,a mini-mill,mini-lathe 7x12,unimat 3 lathe with milling head,bench top drill press,grinder,arc welder,waiting on a 12 ton press, compressor,small air tools,dremel,reloading and casting setup. and about 7or8 projects lined up. :D

got my press in today,all parts accounted for. was informed today that our double wide would be getting here next week,they had to delay because of the storm,vermont does not let loads like a manufactured homes move when it is raining or snowing.its comming from penn. to maine. each section is 14x60. it still looks like i will have my shop ready in jan.

i have every thing to do a 80% 1911 or 1911a1,i have done 2 so far,have one to go. i have a plunger tube staker,grip screw screwdriver bit. a frame rail cutter. a finished 100% frame is a lot cheaper than a 80% one.

thanks for the offer,but i am building a compleat set of tools for building ak's, i have the material for a bending jig, trigger guard rivet tool,barrel removal and installation tools, just waiting for the shed builders to get here and build it, i dont have a spot welder,so if some one has one to bring to use,that would be good.our home won't be ready to move into untill about dec. 28 or 29. another couple weeks to get orgnized,then good to go. :D

Re: Hmmm

carter said:
Intriguing...

Ed, if you're ever interested.. I love the idea of building AK's... I have yet to actually finish one, but I have everything to do so.

We should get together one day.

I have most of the jigs actually. I have the flat bending jig, and the trigger guard rivet jig... Heck I even bought one of those darn howto build dvd's...

I have 3 parts kits here I've been meaning to do...

I've got a shop, I'm just a wannabe welder, and I've got second thoughts on putting those rails on.

Heck, I can even heat treat the receivers as I have a portable blacksmith oven to cook them in!

We should probably talk one of these days :)

Not sure how far away I am, living in NH, but can't be too far of a drive for me.

Carter

Wow, I'm in Milford. We should get together, I have some tools and a spot welder for the rails. I've built 1 and have 2 kits waiting.

Back
Top Bottom