You need my LTC for that!

My kids gave me a Cabela's gift card for the holidays so I ... decided on a .223 case checker. At the register a very nice older gentleman asked me for my LTC.
Basic passive-aggressive response is to show an NH P&RL.
Either they stupidly accept it or hilarity ensues...

in Cabela's ... I bought a spare 10 rd mag. and ... I handed my son the bag and he said "Sir, your son cant carry that, you have to carry that please"
Basic passive-aggressive response is to look up at the ceiling like you heard a voice
and swan out of the building.

Look up "huffing."
ua9v3.jpg

Was at Cabelas in Hudson last week, bought a hard rifle case and 8 ammo cans, nobody asked for any type of ID during check out.
They took one look at you and knew you had them outgunned.

I thought that the mall is in Marlborough, on Donald Lynch Blvd. Am I thinking of a different mall?
A century from now there will be a basic cable TV series
about the search for the hidden tunnel under I-495
between Highland Commons and Solomon Pond Mall.

Yup. Got a reloading book a few weeks ago & they asked for my LTC. I said to the young woman that it is not a regulated item.

she replied kindly that it is now store policy to ID for anything Firearms related.

I purchased my book, and filed that away in my memory bank...
Will they ask for LTC if you buy a hunting jacket?

Cabelas going full retard Bass Pro

I was in Cabela's a few weeks ago, with a gift card and I bought a spare 10 rd mag. and my 11 y.o. son picked out some fudge and the cashier asked for my LTC which I thought was odd but I was like...whatever... after I paid I handed my son the bag and he said "Sir, your son cant carry that, you have to carry that please"
God lawhd!!!
But we went t Mooyah Burger after and ate burgers and shakes till we were nauseous so it was all good after that.
"My son, my rules. Mind your own business. " would have been my reply if I replied at all.

The Highland Commons, (Cabelas,Market Bucket, etc) is in Hudson and also Berlin.;)
Want to have fun? Pronounce Berlin like the city in Germany, with the accent on the second syllable. The locals pronounce it weird (like a lot of words in Massholia) with the emphasis on Ber. For some reason it cracks me up when I hear BER-lin.

Want to have fun? Pronounce Berlin like the city in Germany, with the accent on the second syllable. The locals pronounce it weird (like a lot of words in Massholia) with the emphasis on Ber. For some reason it cracks me up when I hear BER-lin.
Much like pronouncing Worcester... Helps to identify the riff-raff. You ain’t from ‘round here are ya son?

That there could get you shot [laugh]

Ber'linites have no sense of humor of which they are aware, wrt to the town name anyway.

Now you have to tell us.

Alright here it is. I was looking to buy a Henry golden boy rifle and for giggles I decided to visit a couple of local gun shops and they had nothing in stock. I talked a friend into spending a day with me figuring it was going to be a quick trip and we could do other shopping afterwards. Then I hopped in my car and drove out to Sturbridge to visit a gun show that was happening that day and they also had nothing. So I scratched my head thinking what do I do. So I decided to take a trip to Cabela's since I was fairly close in Sturbridge. I drove to Cabela's and when I looked at the rifles they did indeed have the Henry rifle I wanted in stock. So I said I'll take it.

Now bear in mind I had no initial intention of going to Cabela's that day. It just so happened that I figured I'll check it out. I was with a friend that day. I'll tell the most important part, but I will save that so that you keep reading.

At Cabela's when I went to make the purchase they have this kiosk that does the same thing as a 4473 form. Fill it out on an ipad kiosk and then wait. I filled everything out and waited a couple of minutes to get my 'proceed' and then I have to go to a second customer service area to pay. Well it just so happened that when I went to Cabela's that day I was wearing pants that had no pockets, so I had my friend carrying my money for me. When I go to pay my friend handed me my money and the woman at the counter says this really loud "I can't do this, this is a straw purchase". Of course everyone is now staring at me like I'm the terminator looking for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. I told the woman, I have no pockets, what do you expect me to do walk around with cash in my hands? So they talked it over and told my friend what to do. She had to walk out of the store into the parking lot. Turn around and walk back into the store and buy a gift certificate and then hand me the gift certificate and then I could use the gift certificate to pay for the rifle. So they had a store security person watch her walk out and walk in and buy the gift certificate. I absolutely sh*t you not.

As an added insult they installed a trigger lock on the rifle and taped up the box tight. It was nuts. It's like I was a 'legal' criminal buying a gun. Needless to say I haven't been back to Cabela's since that time and would never reconsider going there. After it was all done I bought my poor friend a really nice lunch at a nearby restaurant apologizing profusely for the bad conduct of a minimum wage employee at Cabela's and we went home having spent the better part of an hour or two standing around doing nothing at a Cabelas. I would never buy a gun from Cabela's and will never make that mistake again.

On the plus side I do have my Henry and it's my favorite gun. I love shooting it.

Alright here it is. I was looking to buy a Henry golden boy rifle and for giggles I decided to visit a couple of local gun shops and they had nothing in stock. I talked a friend into spending a day with me figuring it was going to be a quick trip and we could do other shopping afterwards. Then I hopped in my car and drove out to Sturbridge to visit a gun show that was happening that day and they also had nothing. So I scratched my head thinking what do I do. So I decided to take a trip to Cabela's since I was fairly close in Sturbridge. I drove to Cabela's and when I looked at the rifles they did indeed have the Henry rifle I wanted in stock. So I said I'll take it.

Now bear in mind I had no initial intention of going to Cabela's that day. It just so happened that I figured I'll check it out. I was with a friend that day. I'll tell the most important part, but I will save that so that you keep reading.

At Cabela's when I went to make the purchase they have this kiosk that does the same thing as a 4473 form. Fill it out on an ipad kiosk and then wait. I filled everything out and waited a couple of minutes to get my 'proceed' and then I have to go to a second customer service area to pay. Well it just so happened that when I went to Cabela's that day I was wearing pants that had no pockets, so I had my friend carrying my money for me. When I go to pay my friend handed me my money and the woman at the counter says this really loud "I can't do this, this is a straw purchase". Of course everyone is now staring at me like I'm the terminator looking for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. I told the woman, I have no pockets, what do you expect me to do walk around with cash in my hands? So they talked it over and told my friend what to do. She had to walk out of the store into the parking lot. Turn around and walk back into the store and buy a gift certificate and then hand me the gift certificate and then I could use the gift certificate to pay for the rifle. So they had a store security person watch her walk out and walk in and buy the gift certificate. I absolutely sh*t you not.

As an added insult they installed a trigger lock on the rifle and taped up the box tight. It was nuts. It's like I was a 'legal' criminal buying a gun. Needless to say I haven't been back to Cabela's since that time and would never reconsider going there. After it was all done I bought my poor friend a really nice lunch at a nearby restaurant apologizing profusely for the bad conduct of a minimum wage employee at Cabela's and we went home having spent the better part of an hour or two standing around doing nothing at a Cabelas. I would never buy a gun from Cabela's and will never make that mistake again.

On the plus side I do have my Henry and it's my favorite gun. I love shooting it.
Definitely the store Manager got some sort of bonus or was trying to achieve quota on gift card sales. Because if they considered it a straw purchase the first time, it was still a straw purchase the second time.

One time I went to KTP with my dad and he bought a musket (yes, a black powder, muzzle loading musket, original, manufactured in the early 1800s) and they asked for a gun license.

My dad doesn't have a gun license, but they said I could show mine. So, aparently me showing mine was enough. As the guy is finishing the transaction I told him he was facilitating a straw purchase. He was not very happy I said that.

Some stores just have dumb policies or dumb employees or both.

At least my dad loving to negotiate, even if it is for $1 off, talked them down on the price.

That there could get you shot [laugh]

Ber'linites have no sense of humor of which they are aware, wrt to the town name anyway.
Actually they do and will make you stick your thumbs under your armpits, raise up on your toes, squeal like a pig on the “Berrrr” part of it, and then spit into a tin upon landing. If you do that correctly you may pass.

Will they ask for LTC if you buy a hunting jacket?
Holding out for them asking for an LTC to buy camo jammies for The Bride.
As a matter of fact, that would make a good troll.
AHM: Do I have to show you my LTC?​
Clerk: Why, no!​
AHM: That's not what I read on the Intarwebs about this store...​

Curious what would have happened if you ordered said non license required item on line for delivery or curb pickup. I just bought an ammo cabinet from them recently. I had a 75 gift card to burn. I ordered on line and picked it up later that day. I had the receipt and thought for sure they would ask for my dL to confirm it was me but nope. Guy loaded it on my truck and off I went. The best part was the online order didn’t charge me tax. Go figure.

Curious what would have happened if you ordered said non license required item on line for delivery or curb pickup. I just bought an ammo cabinet from them recently. I had a 75 gift card to burn. I ordered on line and picked it up later that day. I had the receipt and thought for sure they would ask for my dL to confirm it was me but nope. Guy loaded it on my truck and off I went. The best part was the online order didn’t charge me tax. Go figure.

gun safes aren't taxable, maybe they considered it a safe?

That started in WWII
Other places always pronounce our towns wrong.

I had a business trip to Cali many years back and somebody mentioned nearby "Concord" but they pronounced it like the supersonic jet Concorde. And a southerner was here supervising an Appleseed a few years ago, he was all excited to see the bridge where it all "started" and said he was going to Charlestown to see the historic sights there before he returned, but he pronounced it like Charleston.

You know in other parts of the country loam is NOT pronounced loom?

"Cirque du Cabela's"
vQo2e5v.gif

Commichusetts and corporate commie Cabela's have fallen to a new all time low. Here's the scoop. My kids gave me a Cabela's gift card for the holidays so I figured I'd go buy sometime. I poked around for a while and decided on a .223 case checker. At the register a very nice older gentleman asked me for my LTC. I said you need my LTC for a case checker! He said it's a new company policy. I said it's a paper weight and if you are going to ask for my papers you should start at the lowest common denominator....an FID card! What is wrong with the world? I very nearly said keep the shagging thing but I don't need another plaid shirt and I don't fish.....I guess I could use up the gift card on candy! If I could move out of MA this am I'd be packing aready......however, I'm not sure anywhere is safe from stupidity any more. Well there you have it...you successfully kill another minute reading my thread! I'm off to do the same here on NES. See attached photo....I told you it's a paper weight! Rant over.

They're company policy is effed.... They're treating it like ammo, yet it's right out on the retail floor, unlocked and unattended.... If it were in fact ammo, that would be illegal in MA.

They're company policy is effed.... They're treating it like ammo, yet it's right out on the retail floor, unlocked and unattended.... If it were in fact ammo, that would be illegal in MA.

Ummmm.... have you been to Cabelas? Their ammo is right on the retail floor..... just walk up and grab box and go to checkout (under normal times of ammo availability)

Ummmm.... have you been to Cabelas? Their ammo is right on the retail floor..... just walk up and grab box and go to checkout (under normal times of ammo availability)

I've been to a Bass pro, which I kind of consider to be the same. But it was a long time ago. I tend to avoid big box stores now. Now that you mention it I think I recall the ammo being out on the floor there too.

so.. went to the Amateur Fish to get my son some hiking boots.. walking around.. I picked up some candy, and the Lyman Shot Reloading book... checking out, I get asked for LTC.. ask why? for the f***ING Book.. did I mention that I also f***IN WORK THERE! So I banter with the CS rep (we can't use the regular registers, have to go to CS to use our discount) about the situation.. she says just what I thought.. the computer tells her to.. now I know her.. smart woman, but doesn't know the MA laws at all, and can be fired for not following the directions.. so I didn't give her shit about it personally, but ranted how corporate should do better. Came home and sent email to corporate... I'll definitely mention it to GM next time I see him.

My guess is that it's all classified by department and subdepartment code.. since it falls under the same code as reloading supplies, it pops up on the screen for the cashiers... doesn't make it right.. whomever programs the register system should do better.

Having spent hours talking with Cabela's corporate lawyers (and Emailing them backup data) about MA laws before they opened in MA, it was all an exercise in futility. Don't know if they are still running the show after the BP take-over, but like most lawyers that I dealt with in my 21 yrs as a constable, I'm not impressed. Something about "you can't fix stupid".

It reminds me of when the MA GCA in 1998 took effect and Wal-Mart corporate lawyers put out a memo to all MA stores that they must require an FID for ammo purchases. Clerks were refusing people with LTCs, because the idiot lawyers weren't smart enough to include LTCs in the memo. I read the memo, as some stores posted it on the glass doors to the ammo cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom