You need my LTC for that!

quinnjalan

NES Member
Commichusetts and corporate commie Cabela's have fallen to a new all time low. Here's the scoop. My kids gave me a Cabela's gift card for the holidays so I figured I'd go buy sometime. I poked around for a while and decided on a .223 case checker. At the register a very nice older gentleman asked me for my LTC. I said you need my LTC for a case checker! He said it's a new company policy. I said it's a paper weight and if you are going to ask for my papers you should start at the lowest common denominator....an FID card! What is wrong with the world? I very nearly said keep the shagging thing but I don't need another plaid shirt and I don't fish.....I guess I could use up the gift card on candy! If I could move out of MA this am I'd be packing aready......however, I'm not sure anywhere is safe from stupidity any more. Well there you have it...you successfully kill another minute reading my thread! I'm off to do the same here on NES. See attached photo....I told you it's a paper weight! Rant over.

Attachments

• PXL_20210124_132919537.jpg
    PXL_20210124_132919537.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 224
I doubt its even policy , a blanket "firearms related" need to see ltc/fid
You cant buy "cases" or "223 cartridges" so it probably triggers the " need ID" once bar code is scanned.
I think its annoying as shit I need to show my license for spray paint.

I don’t think the persons who classify things as requiring an FID or LTC knows their products. I saw a person buying a rack to hold reading materials (magazines - so it was literally a “magazine rack”) get asked for LTC. Manager quickly did an over ride ( or lied to computer) but everyone in line had a laugh. Ahh the pre COVID non social distancing days.

Commichusetts and corporate commie Cabela's have fallen to a new all time low. Here's the scoop. My kids gave me a Cabela's gift card for the holidays so I figured I'd go buy sometime. I poked around for a while and decided on a .223 case checker. At the register a very nice older gentleman asked me for my LTC. I said you need my LTC for a case checker! He said it's a new company policy. I said it's a paper weight and if you are going to ask for my papers you should start at the lowest common denominator....an FID card! What is wrong with the world? I very nearly said keep the shagging thing but I don't need another plaid shirt and I don't fish.....I guess I could use up the gift card on candy! If I could move out of MA this am I'd be packing aready......however, I'm not sure anywhere is safe from stupidity any more. Well there you have it...you successfully kill another minute reading my thread! I'm off to do the same here on NES. See attached photo....I told you it's a paper weight! Rant over.
Go online and leave a one star review.
Enough one star reviews saying the same stuff and corporate will notice.

This is why I only give Visa gift cards.

I was in Cabela's a few weeks ago, with a gift card and I bought a spare 10 rd mag. and my 11 y.o. son picked out some fudge and the cashier asked for my LTC which I thought was odd but I was like...whatever... after I paid I handed my son the bag and he said "Sir, your son cant carry that, you have to carry that please"
God lawhd!!!
But we went t Mooyah Burger after and ate burgers and shakes till we were nauseous so it was all good after that.

I was in Cabela's a few weeks ago, with a gift card and I bought a spare 10 rd mag. and my 11 y.o. son picked out some fudge and the cashier asked for my LTC which I thought was odd but I was like...whatever... after I paid I handed my son the bag and he said "Sir, your son cant carry that, you have to carry that please"
God lawhd!!!
But we went t Mooyah Burger after and ate burgers and shakes till we were nauseous so it was all good after that.
Ha...we had Mooyah as well....my son had a shake.....does that count!

I doubt its even policy , a blanket "firearms related" need to see ltc/fid
You cant buy "cases" or "223 cartridges" so it probably triggers the " need ID" once bar code is scanned.
I think its annoying as shit I need to show my license for spray paint.

yeah what is up with that? I remember going to Michaels for some stuff and they had all the paint like locked up, I laughed at them when they came to open it.

Yup. Got a reloading book a few weeks ago & they asked for my LTC. I said to the young woman that it is not a regulated item.

she replied kindly that it is now store policy to ID for anything Firearms related.

I purchased my book, and filed that away in my memory bank...

Wow that's up there with the tide pod business....eefing kids theses days have no cop on. Back in my day we'd be out picking magic mushrooms!

Huffing has been around for years. I've been in Walmarts where they lock up the spray paint just like the ammo. Of course many of those even in the south don't stock ammo.

Back
Top Bottom