• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You Know Who is back

I have picked up a few guns from them,but some of the prices they have now.I just look at the video,and listen to the story these are the last batch then I hit the delete button until the next email.

Hummmm and I was just about to buy something from them. Now you guys have me second guessing that.

I have bought several things from them all where good. you just have to know what your buying and be happy with the price.

Same.

Though did anyone see the K31/43 sniper rifle they had for sale?? $3,500 and it sold within a few minutes....

thats about what they go for. Depending on condition. There seems to be a good amount of the snipers around right now. Cant really find any decent prices veon a K31 549$ best i have seen.... looking back i should just have ordered 2 when they where 289$ and that was not to long ago.

So if you like it and like the price dont wait to buy!

thats about what they go for. Depending on condition. There seems to be a good amount of the snipers around right now. Cant really find any decent prices veon a K31 549$ best i have seen.... looking back i should just have ordered 2 when they where 289$ and that was not to long ago.

So if you like it and like the price dont wait to buy!

I'm plenty satisfied with my K31 that I paid $250 for and slapped on a scope mount ($75) and a 3-9x40 barska scope ($40)....Shoots absurdly tight groups at 100 yards.

Hummmm and I was just about to buy something from them. Now you guys have me second guessing that.
I got my (non-ceremonial [wink]) SKS in a group buy order from them, haven't had any problems with it and it was in great condition.

Like with anything, buy the item, not the story, and be objective. Nearly every video of theirs that I see tends to be "these are the nicest we've seen" or "this is the last batch" - so just know what you are willing to pay and read the description carefully.

They speak a lot of hyperbole and marketing but their job is to sell items and make a profit. I haven't heard anyone that felt scammed by them.

It's sad, because years ago you could get some decent items at fair prices from them. I guess there's a group of high paying customers that just don't care.

Or just don't know better, or characteristic of the new generation gotta-have-it-now combined with crafty advertising creating a false sense of urgency.

t

Bought two M39's from them- Sako and a VKT. The Sako was very nice and in a great condition post war re-arsenal stock. Decent metal on both, but the VKT stock was functional but WAY fugly. Probably bad enough that it should have been discounted. If it was not a tack driver, I'd have sent it back. Sold the Sako since all I wanted was a shooter. In that regard, the deal on the VKT was OK.

Bought two M39's from them- Sako and a VKT. The Sako was very nice and in a great condition post war re-arsenal stock. Decent metal on both, but the VKT stock was functional but WAY fugly. Probably bad enough that it should have been discounted. If it was not a tack driver, I'd have sent it back. Sold the Sako since all I wanted was a shooter. In that regard, the deal on the VKT was OK.

Was that recently? I have been keeping an eye on their M39 prices for a while now...

Was that recently? I have been keeping an eye on their M39 prices for a while now...

Dont be tempted, it's all bottom of the barrel now.

Even when they first started unloading the hand picks were luck of the draw. My VG is a mismatch with stock repair and cracked upper handguard.

They completely ignore hand select requests in my experience.

No- Mine were from the first and second 'batch'.

I think my Sako was a hand select, and I would give them a thumbs up for it being a true hand select. If I had kept it, I would have lightly sanded the stock and given it a few coats of BLO. I'm sure it would have been gorgeous after a little work. As is, the arsenal finish wasn't bad, just utilitarian.

As mentioned, stock on my VKT is fugly. Looks like a beaver with a lot of free time had its way with that stock. There are, however, some soldier initials carved into it and it is definitely a WWII stock. Probably saw some action. Functionally it's perfect and the bore was excellent.

As Hardwired mentions, I think what's left now are bottom of the barrel M39's. If they are calling it 'cracked stock and/or light rust', I'd look elsewhere.

Can't be as bad as my last block Tokyo T99. Looks like they took it from the Beaver's mouth. #42402 of about 58,000 in the block from the fall of '43, before Tokyo was flattened in the March of '44 fire bombings. Actually rare to find them still in the rough, as most were smoothed out stateside.

Very hard now to even find an 'honest' RC K98, either.

t

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Can't be as bad as my last block Tokyo T99. Looks like they took it from the Beaver's mouth. #42402 of about 58,000 in the block from the fall of '43, before Tokyo was flattened in the March of '44 fire bombings. Actually rare to find them still in the rough, as most were smoothed out stateside.

t

That's just tooling marks...

t

Ok, so the Arisaka was born ugly. The M39 grew into it:

IMG_0629.jpg

There's another spot a little worse by the front sling loop. Shoots better than I do so I kept it. Low flyer my bad...

Back
Top Bottom