• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

you just can't make this stuff up !

No way...im sure he is prob saying the money is for security but in reality he prob has a stipper(s) problem rofl

As much as I disagree with his view of guns, and believe him to be hypocritical about it, I think he really does face security threats.

guns for me but not for thee

Hypocrite, just like Hillary and Obama.

I hate guns, except when they protect ME.

but he wants to take YOUR guns

As much as I disagree with his view of guns, and believe him to be hypocritical about it,

So, I looked for actual quotes from *him* (not company policy) and I couldn't find any that said he personally dislikes guns.

I found a bunch of FacePage policy changes, including some that suggested the company changed their policies in response to Obama administration pressure; but that's a company policy, not an individual position.

It seems reasonable to conflate Zuckerberg with FaceBook, but they're not actually the same; FaceBook is a huge company, and Zuckerberg doesn't control it singlehandedly.

I'm not saying he's *not* a hypocritical douchebag, but I can't find any direct quotes from to support that he's anti gun for everyone but himself.

Maybe one of you can find something he actually said/wrote for me, my googling is finding anything.

Not making a statement one way or the other but I'm interested in seeing the actual SEC numbers. Zuckerberg may well be spending a crapload of money on security but -as usual- the headline is designed to make a story, not report the facts. In the implicit comparison between Zuckerberg and Cook, where they give the three-year number for Zuckerberg and only one year for Cook, in order to make the gap seem that much wider to the reader.

Also, I'm reading that Zuckerberg was counting his private jet flights as security expenses from different sources. Private jet travel is obviously stupid expensive, and I wonder if Cook also claims his travel as a security expense. I don't know. Zuckerberg has also received actual threats from credible (IS) srouces, that have to be tracked and dealt with. Again, I don't know about cook.

Again, not passing judgment on the subject matter of the story, only commenting on the possibly dishonest way it's presented.

As for the gun thing, can someone point me to some reading where Zuckerberg has a history of anti-gun activism, besides the stupid banning private sales thing (which may or may not have been him personally)?

I like this comment.

Take away their security details, their fenced estates, their private jets and armored cars and see if they still support open borders and gun control.

Back
Top Bottom