• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You just can't make this stuff up...

You just can’t make this stuff up…courtesy of the Boston Globe of course! I wonder if it had wings? The only thing that could have made this better would have been the attack to have occurred on Halloween...

Just to be clear, I'm not laughing at the situation..I'm laughing at the way they write these stories.

Feed: Local News Updates
Posted on: Friday, November 02, 2007 4:21 PM
Author: Local News Updates
Subject: Massive search in Needham after man, woman beaten in home

An elderly man was killed and a woman in her 50s is in critical condition this afternoon after they were attacked in their Needham with a bat-like object, police said.

View article...

What this article doesn't say is that all of the schools in Needham were locked down. Someone gets attacked in their home, so all of the schools bar their doors and won't let the kids out.

We've turned into a nation of pansies.

"Bat like" objects are obviously a danger to society, and the citizenry cannot be trusted with them. The only answer as I see it is to ban baseball and any other activity that uses these evil implements.

The same day, there was an attempted armed robbery in Needham center at a pizza shop that became a baracade situation. Locals, state police, helicopters, the whole nine yards.

I saw the swat story on one of the TV stations. They said someone reported seeing a man with a concealed carry in the shop. SWAT surrounded the place and the TV camera was right there when an obviously terrified man in a business suit came out with his hands up.

The story alluded to him being some kind of activist and implied someone called the cops because of that. No gun was found and I haven't been able to find any follow up stories on it. I'm thinking this guy may have a lawsuit.

"Bat like" objects are obviously a danger to society, and the citizenry cannot be trusted with them. The only answer as I see it is to ban baseball and any other activity that uses these evil implements.

Agreed. Think of the children!

Dope

There was a story in yesterday's Herald about this. The guy is part of a group called "UN Watch" that monitors anti semitic activity at the UN and subsidiary organizations. I think he's a Swiss national and holds three law degrees.

The guy behind the pizza counter thought he was acting suspiciously because he went into the men's room and changed, then went across to the CVS, then came back to the pizza shop.

Someone yelled "Gun, gun, gun". and everyone ran out of the shop except the guy that go arrested. He dove under a table, which seems prudent to me. He of course is trying to figure out who has a gun and if he's going to get shot.

The cops showed up, and someone from the pizza shop pointed the guy out as the gunman. He's arrested at gun point and charged with, wait for it, disorderly conduct.

I imagine that this will be dropped quickly, as long as he promises not to sue the shit out of everyone involved. If anyone should have been arrested, it should be whoever yelled Gun.

Idiots.

Gary

my lord...

no its going to be ya cant yell gun in a pizza shop like fire in a movie theater?
Huh not to hijack what if their is actually like a fire in a movie theater? what the hell DO you say? Flame? lots and lots of flames guys we should leave....?
Agreed the a**h*** who yelled gun should be charged with disorderly conduct, and or inciting a riot, or some crap. Man what if my unit peeks out while I am ordering pizza some day... if they pull out the police choppers... I am going to ... well eat my pizza sip my soda and ask what the hell is going on! [laugh2][rofl]

What this article doesn't say is that all of the schools in Needham were locked down. Someone gets attacked in their home, so all of the schools bar their doors and won't let the kids out.

We've turned into a nation of pansies.

Gee, if Boston did something like that, the kids would be stuck in
school for the rest of their lives. [laugh]

-Mike

Any minute Ross'll be along to tell you bats aren't rodents....
Huh? They're NOT? [shocked]

Damn... and all along I've been trying to breed a winged cat to cure the bat infestation in my backyard... [smile]

Mark, I actually DO have a sense of humor, and that's what Chris was doing - making a joke. And yes, I got it. Thought it was kind of funny, actually.

That bat like object must have had had the face of a rat and wings. Ironically you hear more and more about this kind of stuff happening in areas to people that you would never suspect. Maybe it will wake the liberals up to the fact that they need to take some responsibility for their own protection until law enforcement develops ESP and sees the future of who will be the next victim.

Back
Top Bottom