• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You got guns.... how about your butter?

WojtekWeaponry

Dealer
NES Member
If you ever sat there eating something nice but then thought "Damn, this could really use some butter", then GOOD NEWS! You're going to love Red Feather Butter, literally Canned Kiwi Sunshine! I tried this product on a lark and decided that it would be a good idea to carry it for my customers so... here it is!

Red Feather canned butter: New Zealand's Ballantyne is the world's largest producer of canned butter. Sealed airtight for maximum freshness, Ballantyne's canned butter delivers convenience in the form of extended shelf life and easy distribution without the necessity of refrigeration. It has also proven ideal for disaster preparedness, camping, boating and remote areas where refrigeration isn't available. Each can holds 12 ounces of pure creamy butter.

New Zealand's free range farming system allows Ballantyne to produce butter of the highest quality. Their production facilities are ISO, GMP and HACCP accredited, and they take great pride in their reputation for the highest quality dairy products.

How long does it last? Ballantyne says the product has a shelf life of “at least” two years, but that only reflects the possibility that the can itself could be compromised—which it could, but it won't if it’s stored in a dry place, because it’s a very high quality can. They also say the butter retains nutritional value well beyond that time frame. In actual practice, customers have found the product to be indiscernible from fresh butter after more than a decade of room-temperature storage! Pretty amazing.

This product is perfect for keeping at an emergency shelter, for camping, as part of your preparedness endeavors and adding a wonderful bit of joy to your day when you're out in the middle of the woods. Snap up some creamy sunshine today over at Wojtekweaponry.com!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.06.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.06.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.23.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.23.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.13.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 22.36.13.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
The only problem with Red Feather is it doesn't taste that great.

However, it would probably taste pretty good if the alternative were squirrels and grass.

The only problem with Red Feather is it doesn't taste that great.

However, it would probably taste pretty good if the alternative were squirrels and grass.
Really? I have had more than a few customers say it is better than Kerry Gold. Like more than a few.

You sure it wasn't doctored?

Well dang. You're the first person I have known to say it was bad. :(

I didn't say it was bad. I would happily eat it at any time. It is unsalted IIRC so maybe that was the reason for my first impression.

My apologies for crapping up your thread.

That's weird, all my cans have salt in them. Was there a change in the canning process or something?
I just talked to my Ukrainian wife about this. She said Red Feather isn't as salty as American butter (we Americans oversalt the shite out of stuff), which may be why you taste that difference.

Just tested both. Red Feather is more sweet cream whereas Kerry Gold has a stronger salt bite and more of a sour cream undertone.

Back
Top Bottom