• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

you ever have "one of those days" at the range?

Yup. I have a number of boxes and bags that live in the truck.
One's a "setup bag", it has stapler, staples, gloves, mallet, pliars, cutters and zip ties - it's for setting up stages.
Another is a "bench box". Targets, spotting scope, sand bags, bench rest.
My 3gun box has a double-alpha belt, a handgun holster with retention, shotgun shell caddies, Pmag carriers and chokes.
Spare parts and tool box - wrenches, screwdrivers, spare parts for G17 and G34, batteries, etc.
Another box has ammo, 20GA, 12GA, .223 and 9mm.
And yet another box has loaded mags for my AR and my G17/34 - defensive loads; about 20 rounds of buckshot, a good flashlight and a spare knife.
There are other boxes with clothes, rain gear, blah, blah, blah.
(2) spare sets of ear pro, plus half a dozen sets of earplugs.
At the rear, easily accessible is a first aid box, with a bit of everything from bandaids and tweezer up to tourniquet and large dressings.

As for the range card(s) and key(s) - they live in the truck too - so I never forget them again.
Lol, what kind of truck?

go big or go home! you should just tote a trailer. i didn't see provisions for a week listed... [laugh]

My situation's a bit different than most people. I typically spend summers away from home, in a campground up north. I shoot up there too, so pretty much everything I need either here or there to shoot is always in my truck. It would really suck for me to be at the range in CT and realize that something I needed was in my garage in GA. So, I've arranged and re-arranged my truck so that doesn't happen.

I have guns, ammo and cleaning kits in both states and I load them into the truck as needed. I don't have a lot of tools in CT, but my buddy Mike does, and we've worked on my guns in his basement more than once.

Lol, what kind of truck?

Ford F150 with "Decked" units and a hard cover over the bed. It's become very "purpose-built" and pretty much useless for hauling other stuff; fortunately I have a landscape trailer for the bike, and I can haul stuff with that.

Definitely NOT the answer for everyone - but it works for my lifestyle. And I've had fewer "ah shit - I don't have blah, blah, blah" moments at the range.

When I first got my AR I forgot my mags at home. Loaded each shot individually Into the gun that day lol.

Packed everything up. Drive 30 minutes to range. Unload the truck. But the keys to my range bag and case are at home. What a dope I am.

Just wait until you get all the way to the range gate.

And realize that you left your key at home.[frown]

Or better yet, 30m drive to the club, get thru the gate, to the rifle range, set up, all the toys out, and you forgot the range bag with all the mags in it. Take about taking the jam out of your donut :(

We've all been there OP.

I’ve forgot keys to all the firearms, fob to the range, ear pro, mags, you name it. Sh!t sucks
Only quoting you because yours is the most recent... But yeah, same... Forgotten everything conceivable at one point or another. Mags, ammo, guns, keys, fobs, targets, you name it. Since I don't compete or shoot long distance (past 65 yards or so) if I forget something now I just walk down the ramp to the basement and get it. That is if I didn't leave it in the ammo can under the bench from the last "trip" to the range.

I miss MA like a hemorrhoid.

Brought two rifles to the range my FAL and .308 Mossberg MVP, putting the MVP in the rifle case I had to remove the bolt and left it at home on the bench. That sucked.

Only quoting you because yours is the most recent... But yeah, same... Forgotten everything conceivable at one point or another. Mags, ammo, guns, keys, fobs, targets, you name it. Since I don't compete or shoot long distance (past 65 yards or so) if I forget something now I just walk down the ramp to the basement and get it. That is if I didn't leave it in the ammo can under the bench from the last "trip" to the range.

I miss MA like a hemorrhoid.

The most recent was mags. I hadn’t fired my duty gun in a loooooong time as it really was no longer my duty gun. I was really looking forward to it. Didn’t bring a single mag, no one else in the group had mags for it. Was pretty pissed. Still haven’t fired that pistol in a long time.

I had a day when I brought my new C&R Mak to the range with my wife. Wanted to show it to her. Ammo. check. Gun. Check. Protection. Check. MAGAZINES!??? Uhhh, where are the magazines?? (Why didn't I have one IN THE GUN???)

Went to the range another time with a few .22's with my son. Jammed a shell in the gallery gun on shot 3 or 4. Inoperable. Break out the bull-bbl 18xx falling-block .22 from my wife's grandfather. Drop the falling block. Insert 22LR. Give to son. PFFT. Go to extract. AHDAMMITTHISIS22SHORT!! So I got the case stuck in AND I don't have any .22Short ammo.

Both days sucked.

Back
Top Bottom