• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You don't need that to hunt

Win

NES Member
I keep hearing this argument but I'm not clear on it's origin. To my knowledge, hunting has never been the main argument for gun rights by the nra or other gun rights groups. Is this just a complete red herring thrown into the argument by gun grabbers or does it have some other origin that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any insight!

It's an absolute red herring. Remind them that 2A has nothing to do with hunting.

Fudds aren't helpful. They help anti's bc all they're interested in is keeping their scatter guns and bolt action deer guns. So anti's get the idea that that hunting is the only valid civilian use of guns.

I've been in this situation many times and I always ask these scholars to please show me where in the 2nd amendment it mentions hunting. I always get the deer in the headlight look....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't see any mention of hunting either. However "shall not be infringed" kind of leaps out at you

I keep hearing this argument but I'm not clear on it's origin. To my knowledge, hunting has never been the main argument for gun rights by the nra or other gun rights groups. Is this just a complete red herring thrown into the argument by gun grabbers or does it have some other origin that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any insight!

It's the Bill Of RIGHTS not the Bill Of NEEDS. It has nothing to do with hunting animals and everything to do with hunting gubment thugs.

Last edited:
Rub their faces in it and just respond "but I need it to hunt school children".

Then just laugh and walk away while they have a stroke (****'em if they can't take a joke).

corvette-z06-6175.jpg

dont need this to go to work either

It's a tactic to try and divide gun owners and in doing so weaken opposition to gun control. Some gun owners only hunt and aren't necessarily advocates for the other lawful reasons to own a firearm.

I don't need "that" gun to ride a bicycle either but what has that got to do with anything.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Ask them what their preferred firearm is for hunting. if they respond that they don't hunt tell them to STFU. if they respond that its <insert bolt action or black powder rifle here) then tell them to STFU.

actually now that I read that again I guess you can just tell them to STFU.

This thread delivers.

Remember that when you talk hunting its like showing that you plan to consider "common sense" gun control. All they have to do is provide you with your hunting gun. Hunting to them doesn't require a sidearm and now you no longer need all lawful purpose, you just need target and hunting license.

It's also a way to see if you're weak and in knowledgable. It's the brain eating alien saying if you turn in your friends they won't eat your brain just make you a slave. Do you want to live as a slave?

Oh, baloney. Very few people have ever had to hunt (with a gun) for the majority of their food, since the advent of firearms. What they've always done is either grow crops, or forage for wild edible plants, insects, fish, reptiles, amphibians, crustaceans, etc. other than the rare thing about the Amerian bison, hunting with guns is a very small part of it.

What i tell such people is that nobody argues that a monkey does not have the right to throw stones at a lion (from the safety of his tree). Well, humans found a better way to throw things. We didn't get the right to defend ourselves from any ghost or from any piece of paper. We got it by our natural developement as thinking beings, who stand on 2 legs, use opposing thumbs, and use our brains (some of us, at least, some of the time) to further our lives.

We KNOW what some people will do (eventually) if we act like doormats. So I choose to be armed, and I will shoot dead anyone who tries to change that. If they don't like it, bring it on. There aint enough of them to get the job done, they don't care about it as much as I do, and I don't care to live life as some helpless twit.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
why argue ???

tell them you own guns because you want to and they can go **** themselves.

This is were I am now, 52 yrs old, been on the books since I was 17 yrs old paying taxes, no criminal record or bad driving record, a good citizen and person IMHO, Army veteran, 20 yrs in the same location, I want a gun cause I want to shoot and carry for protection if needed, all I ask is for is a LTC, not a license to kill, I am not James Bond and don't want to be, you would think that they have me already picked as a person to go out and kill someone the way you get treated.

So screw them all, Ya I got an attitude cause they (government / State / Politicians, Etc ) have a personal agenda against my Second Amendment rights.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom