You can’t bring a gun to the NRA Convention

June4th

NES Member
Read this on my morning constitutional, so I haven’t had much time to cross check. What a load of hypocritical crap these clowns are, if true:

After the Sandy Hook school shooting in 2012, National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre dug in his heels against gun reform, famously saying that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

The NRA Convention offers a perfect testing ground for that theory, but attendees aren’t allowed to bring guns onto the convention floor. Some can’t even take them into their hotel rooms.

So it’s the secret service that won’t allow it. Plus the owner of the Convention center. Plus the owners of the hotel. So its the NRAs fault? 🙄 libtard media libtards on.
Not what I heard re: others.

Not that I GAF either. I wouldn’t step foot near the NRA convention cause Wayne.

Oh really? Look deeper.
Only not allowed when President Trump is there. It will be like that for as long as he is protected by the SS.

Nope, it has been that way for years. The concern is people not keeping their fingers off the bang switch when trying accessories, holster, lights and such.

Same link as above.

But attendees wouldn’t be able to bring their guns even if no politicians spoke at the event because the George R. Brown Convention Center itself doesn’t allow weapons of any kind on site ― a blanket restriction that includes pepper spray and mace.

HOUSTOUN tv;

WHAT WE FOUND​

On Friday, May 27, former President Donald Trump is scheduled to deliver an address at the National Rifle Association’s Annual Leadership Forum. The event is being held at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center, and Trump will be speaking in the General Assembly Hall at the convention center.
According to a notice from the Secret Service, published on the NRA’s website, while Trump is in the General Assembly Hall, the Secret Service has jurisdiction over that location. There are several items that are prohibited from entering the hall, including firearms.
Ammunition, gun parts, holsters, and magazines are also on the list of prohibited items along with knives, pepper spray, toy guns, and backpacks. Individuals entering the hall will also be searched.
“No firearms have been allowed at a presidential event since the days of Ronald Reagan,” a Secret Service spokesperson told VERIFY via phone. “The NRA convention is no different.”
In 2018, guns were also prohibited during former Vice President Mike Pence’s address at the NRA annual meeting.
But, guns can be carried in other areas of the convention center.

Last edited:
Years ago I had an after hours tour of the west wing of the White House. I was not allowed to carry my Glock. By some strange coincidence I was never allowed to bring una pistola into Mexico.

I blame the NRA.

[rolleyes]

(Note that I am one of the biggest NRA / sleazeball Wayne bashers on the forum, but this issue doesn't get be 'bent'.)

Other than Trump, if the NRA chose an anti-gun hotel, then yes, it’s their fault
Do you know of a convention center that allows attendees to carry loaded firearms? Not to mention even the most mundane ND would be a political bonanza for the left. It’s a no win. Of all the stuff the NRA does to annoy me this rates very low. And there with be a shit ton of armed security there so the lefts argument that the NRA doesn’t really believe in a good guy with a gun falls flat on it’s face. They’ll be plenty of them there.

I hope they all have a safe space in the event some whacko tries to shoot the place up.

Don't forget insurance (won't cover it). Any accidents if they were allowed would probably result in an huge out of pocket legal expense for the site, promoter, probably all the vendors as lawyers will sue everybody

Official NRA policy for NRAAM 2022: "personal firearms may be carried in the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRBCC) in accordance with Texas law."
One exception being in the "General Assembly Hall” while Trump is on-site.
Nope, it has been that way for years. The concern is people not keeping their fingers off the bang switch when trying accessories, holster, lights and such.
It has been that way anywhere a current/former POTUS or VP is speaking, not at every NRA convention, and not "for years".

Last edited:
I hope Wayne gets booed if he speaks, maybe then he’ll start to catch on he’s a big part of the problem with the NRA

Official NRA policy for NRAAM 2022: "personal firearms may be carried in the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRBCC) in accordance with Texas law."
One exception being in the "General Assembly Hall” while Trump is on-site.

It has been that way anywhere a current/former POTUS or VP is speaking, not at every NRA convention, and not "for years".

Yup.

Oh really? Look deeper.
Only not allowed when President Trump is there. It will be like that for as long as he is protected by the SS.

No toasters allowed either at any event where a former president is in attendance:

No toasters allowed either at any event where a former president is in attendance:

Not sure Don is into one pot meals cooked in under 5 minutes anyway.

I know for a fact I won’t cook that crap or use a slow cooker.

But attendees wouldn’t be able to bring their guns even if no politicians spoke at the event because the George R. Brown Convention Center itself doesn’t allow weapons of any kind on site ― a blanket restriction that includes pepper spray and mace.
So, why would they choose that as a venue then? Weird.

Other than Trump, if the NRA chose an anti-gun hotel, then yes, it’s their fault
EXACTLY!

So, why would they choose that as a venue then? Weird.
Several sources claim the venue itself is not banning weapons possession, any policy of that type is only while SS is in control for Trump's visit:

Also, name another Texas venue which can handle an 80,000 person convention and which would be more acceptable?

Do you know of a convention center that allows attendees to carry loaded firearms?
I don't know of any either. That said, I can tell you that I always carried at the Hynes, WTC, and Boston Convention centers when attending or working conventions at those locations.
I hope Wayne gets booed if he speaks, maybe then he’ll start to catch on he’s a big part of the problem with the NRA
He could care less. He smiles and laughs all the way to his bank and suitmakers.

Back
Top Bottom