YHM - Yankee Hill Machine - Any Good?

MadRussian

Army Veteran
Came across this company based out of Florence, MA.
I've heard of them before for their free-floats and stuff but didn't know they make full AR Rifles now - seem a bit pricey.
Anyone have rifles made by them, do they do good work?
Their Web Site

most of their "stuff" is NOT MA Compliant in the rifle dept.

but they DO make quality stuff. i recently had a YHM Phantom Muzzle Break installed on my Zombie Killa and it's great!

if can fondle their parts, do so, you won't be dissapointed [wink]

I was able to get some of their stuff for a good price a while back and put it on my Stag AR. It seems to be a well made product. If I wasn't in the commiewealth I'd probably buy one of their suppressors too.

i think YHM will make you something ban compliant. I asked last year around this time and they quoted an outrageous wait time though. (granted that was mid obama fueled panic buying)

They make great parts at even better prices.

The biggest complaint about them over on the ar15 boards is that their products are significantly heavier than the competition. Granted it's only ounces, but for some people that the deciding factor between spending $100 for a YHM rail, or $300 for a lighter rail of the same length by another manufacturer.

For me, the weight didn't matter as the rifle is small and compact to begin with, so I saved the $200 and went with the YHM. I love it so far, and the rail nut they sell for the end of the rail leaves a nice clean end.

I have sold many YHM rifles, I have met with the staff many times, and I own a YHM. I don't have a single complaint about them, and there guys are top notch.

FWIW, though it appears that they are a new company, they have been in the business since the 50's. People would sh*t if they new how much of the product they buy isn't made by the manufacture stamped on the box.

I built my Anvil Arms lower and upper with a large amount of YHM parts. They've worked great and I've not had one problem. I'd recommend them without a second thought.

Take a trip out to Easton MA to Zero Hour Arms - they usually have several YHM rifles and parts. They seem well made - and price is better than some of the more national brands.

i think YHM will make you something ban compliant. I asked last year around this time and they quoted an outrageous wait time though. (granted that was mid obama fueled panic buying)

I have a YHM "Diamond" rifle length upper that I was quoted 12/2009 for arrival back in January. I've had it since late July, so they must be catching up pretty well. It shoots sub-MOA with the right loads. Expensive, but it was well worth it. I'd buy from them again had I the cash.

Their accessories are also top notch and the best value on the market. The QDS sights are the lowest, cheapest all-metal sights on the market and are still rock-solid. Their bipod adapter is solid and much cheaper than the LaRue version (although not QD).

I bought a barrel, forward hand grip and gas tube from YHM to complete my ar15. They told me if I had any problems, just come back on Monday and they would help me. They were good to deal with.
Nice to live in Western Mass and have a local manufacturer to get parts on the spot.

Seamsealer

I had their flip up sights on my old AR15. Solid and inexpensive (compared to the competition) but bulky. I'm a low speed high drag kind of guy so I didn't mind the bulk and was very happy with them.

Do they have a store front or do I have to go though a dealer? I looked around on their site and didn't see anything mentioning a store...will call later this week.

I live close by and do some work in the Northampton/Florence area. I just go right in the front door and ask for someone to help me. They have a small waiting room with some of their parts on display on the wall.
Nice people.

Seamsealer

Do they have a store front or do I have to go though a dealer? I looked around on their site and didn't see anything mentioning a store...will call later this week.

you can't buy rifles or lowers from them, but everything else you can get in the lobby. go knowing what you want. They don't have a storefront, just the lobby, so you can't fondle all the parts. I suspect if you were trying to choose between 2 or 3 parts they'd bring them out for you.

IMO, avoid the front flip up sight. I really like the modular fore arm I have on my rifle and am looking forward to put a new yhm fore arm (that I bought in their lobby) on my carbine.

Back
Top Bottom