• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yet another stupid C&R question

Patriot

NES Member
I know, I know I could probably spend a few hours and try to find the answer
but I am leaning on the generosity and patience of the fine NES forum members
to give me an answer to this question.

If, having obtained a C&R license, you are already in possession of a gun that
is on the C&R list, or gets put on the list at a later time, or turns 50, do you
have to record that gun as a C&R in your bound book?

Thanks in advance for your kind words and deeds,

TBP

That exact question has been asked once or twice (and answered at great length) within the past 1-2 weeks here.

PLEASE use the Advanced Search feature and continue there.

Thank you.

I know, I know I could probably spend a few hours and try to find the answer
but I am leaning on the generosity and patience of the fine NES forum members
to give me an answer to this question.

If, having obtained a C&R license, you are already in possession of a gun that
is on the C&R list, or gets put on the list at a later time, or turns 50, do you
have to record that gun as a C&R in your bound book?

Thanks in advance for your kind words and deeds,

TBP
I will begin with the disclaimer IANAL.
It is my understanding that the requirement for logging items into your bound book applies only to firearms purchased after you obtained your C&R. However, any disposition of a C&R eligible firearm must be logged even if said firearm was owned prior to you getting your C&R and never even logged in. IMHO if you have the info Seller, date of transaction, etc., there is no harm in just logging all of your C&R firearms into your book.

I will begin with the disclaimer IANAL.
It is my understanding that the requirement for logging items into your bound book applies only to firearms purchased after you obtained your C&R. However, any disposition of a C&R eligible firearm must be logged even if said firearm was owned prior to you getting your C&R and never even logged in. IMHO if you have the info Seller, date of transaction, etc., there is no harm in just logging all of your C&R firearms into your book.

I believe you are correct. And, to add clarity, as long as you hold a valid C&R license, every C&R eligible gun that you buy during the C&R license term must go into your bound book even if you did not specifically use your C&R license to make the purchase.

And, here in MA, you have to fill out an FA-10 "registration" when you buy anything.

Sorry, LenS, but as long as the thread is getting responses...

Back
Top Bottom