• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yet another M44

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Well folks I just had to have this rifle. yet another all matching 1953 Hungarian Mosin Nagant M44 carbine. Correct stock and marked as such.

Hmmmm...Moisen, Mauser...they both begin with "M."

MS

They do...that's what keeps our wallets empty however we have very BIG smiles on our faces. Merry Christmas to you sir. May the coming year provide many more Mausers and maybe...just maybe a Mosin or two[wink]

Heck I am bidding on a Peruvian Mauser at this very moment. I love them all...maybe that's why I am broke[laugh]

I gave one to my oldest son a few years ago, a 1952 Hungarian M44. That rifle is very accurate. Congrats!!

Last edited:
Glad I have not been affected by the mil-surp bug. I know how much a good rifle means to me, can't imagine that times 300 or so. [wink]

Merry Christmas!

I bid on a polish one today but lost, I was hoping most people would be out with family and I'd find some good deals ha ha. I bought a Type 53 for $135 bucks earlier this week, should be here on Thursday. Does everyone have one of those, I don't see them for sale much.

I bid on a polish one today but lost, I was hoping most people would be out with family and I'd find some good deals ha ha. I bought a Type 53 for $135 bucks earlier this week, should be here on Thursday. Does everyone have one of those, I don't see them for sale much.

Very good find. You are correct you don't see many of them. heck it seems all of the M44 have dried up. Most type 53 are in pretty bad shape so your find is a very good one indeed.

The polish all matching are some of the finest out there. I have seen them sell for well over $400.

I gave one to my oldest son a few years ago, a 1952 Hungarian M44. That rifle is very accurate. Congrats!!

What a great gift. A unique M44 and I bet he had a very BIG smile on his face when he pulled the trigger for the first time and saw a fire ball come out of the muzzle!

Last edited:
Heck I am bidding on a Peruvian Mauser at this very moment. I love them all...maybe that's why I am broke[laugh]

1909 like this
S3500007-1.jpg

or that one ?
M1909Peru.jpg

Unfortunately both are bolt m/m.

Back
Top Bottom