• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

yet another gun show: Family Guns!

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
you shopped IMA, now they have their own show: Family Guns. Just got an email this morning. This may be slightly better than the rest, I don't know. It's coming from NetGeo, so I hope that they get at least 1% of their facts right.

[video]http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/national-geographic-channel/shows/family-guns/ngc-bringing-history-to-life/[/video]

Thanks for the heads up, I got this email this morning but deleted it wothout reading.

Heres to hoping it actually turns out good! Though Im not sure how much worse these shows can get than sons of guns and combat pawn

Has anyone been watching this show ???
I've seen a few episodes and it's more guns and way less drama than the other shows.
The father and son have warehouses full of milsurp stuff and the show is about them buying, selling and shooting guns.
New episode tonight @ 8:00 on NatGeo.
The guide says they attend the Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot and demo weapons of all kinds.

[popcorn]

I caught part of one episode and there was some pawn stars -esque price negotiating with a customer so I flipped the channel. Maybe ill give the show another shot next time I come across it.

I've seen a few episodes and it's more guns and way less drama than the other shows.
The father and son have warehouses full of milsurp stuff and the show is about them buying, selling and shooting guns.
The guide says they attend the Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot and demo weapons of all kinds.

[popcorn]

well, because this time they actually have real actors playing the part ...

I have to disclose my beef, first. I bought a kit from them which turned out to be a bag of random parts, nothing like they advertised a "highly collectable kit" and in my dealings with the VP, he turned out to be a giant douche and a liar. So that's how I feel about that outfit and I would not buy or advise any one else to buy from them.

Now back to the show, Alex is a professional actor, played in actual theatre and knows more about makeup than about guns. His old man has some cash, so yeah, they can put on a show. I saw first episode and got the rest recorded. Besides ill feelings of seeing the douche in person, it's the usual scripted BS with miracle finds and awesome deals and other snotty drivel. FPS Russia does the same shit + more mayham and - drama, so more reps to him, even though he is a fake Russian. [laugh]

[popcorn]

+1 THIS

No real drama, yet. Lots and lots of Mil Surplus. (IMA) stands for International Military Antiques , Father seems to be more of a collector or hoarder of some very cool, old, rifles and handguns. Seems they have two warehouses in NJ and one in PA. For the shows that I have seen, it appears that the high cap stuff and machine gun stuff is in the PA warehouse.

I believe what they say, that they are the worlds largest supplier of military collectables.

http://www.ima-usa.com/

watched it once wont watch it again... unless they have some jailbait on the show, like that other one

No jailbait on anything I've seen so for. I don't even recall seeing any women on the show...

Last edited:
Let's see... We have one show, where they make an AK sniper rifle (a contradiction in itself). Then, we have a show where they charge 2 grand to put some plastic furniture and a triggerjob on a REM 1100. Next, we have a show where the staff of the shop show up to work all tacticool, and open their store "combat style" like it's located somewhere in Kabul...
I don't think I'd let any of them mount a friggin scope on my rifle, left alone do some customwork on any of my babies.

When it comes to "reality TV" shows involving guns, I think I'm good.

I think it was the first show I saw.
One warehouse guy bought a British and American sniper rifle and they turn out to be insanely rare versions and they where trying to sell a non working tommy gun with a case for big money..

The whole time I was trying to think what nes member got a bad kit.
Boris was it you that started the thread and show a Cnc part that didn't even look like the real deal?

I think it was the first show I saw.
One warehouse guy bought a British and American sniper rifle and they turn out to be insanely rare versions and they where trying to sell a non working tommy gun with a case for big money..

The whole time I was trying to think what nes member got a bad kit.
Boris was it you that started the thread and show a Cnc part that didn't even look like the real deal?

yeah, it was me, they run out of "highly collectible kits" and decided to ship me a bag of random shit for the same price instead. But they would give you money back if you catch them in the act.

In terms of "the worlds largest supplier of military collectables", are highly doubt it. Whatever I bought or needed in milsurp area, there are places with far better prices and legit, quality stuph.

Seems like every show they pull some random box off the shelf, dig deep, and find some $30,000 antique at the bottom that they "forgot" about.

At least they show some cool hardware, but the acting gets old quick.

all these "reality" gun shows need more reality and less explosions.
uneducated people starting to think bullets make everything explode...

Back
Top Bottom