Yellowstone - TV Series

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
This preview is great! Watching this show has (temporarily) detoured me from catching up on Longmire.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Oh, Longmire (at least the early seasons I tried to watch but gouged my eyes out) is a pimple on the butt of Season 1 of Yellowstone. Season 2? Meh. Still better, but maybe Longmire's a boil or a more-than-1lb-cyst or something.

It takes too long to figure out what is going on in Season 2. No real action until 6 episodes in. You don't even see the new bad guys for real until several episodes in. Strange. It was like they needed to tie up ends from S1. (There wasn't a plan FOR a S2 until they found out it was popular.)

Still wanna know why they went to all the trouble to figure the plane scenario and it never worked out. Why bother with it??? I figured that the kid would be in the plane or maybe in the plane or it was set up to auto-destruct on radio signal or something. Nope. Just spent 30-45 min overall in the series for a useless plot point.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Oh, Longmire (at least the early seasons I tried to watch but gouged my eyes out) is a pimple on the butt of Season 1 of Yellowstone. Season 2? Meh. Still better, but maybe Longmire's a boil or a more-than-1lb-cyst or something.
C'mon Dennis, stop beating around the bush. Tell me how you really feel.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yellowstone is one of a handful of TV shows I enjoy these days, but I don't look to TV as critically as some of you guys. I am looking forward to season 3.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
....I don't look to TV as critically as some of you guys.
yeah, i just want to be diverted for a certain amount of time from whatever happened during the day. i'm not gonna pull whats left of my hair out critiquing each episode. good or bad, it's already in the bank.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Season 2 would have been fine as Season 1. But if you put that sort of quality writing in front of someone for 10 episodes and then wander around for the next 4, some of us start a'wonderin.

They minimized Jamie pretty damned quick this season. And got Casey's wife under control right quick. All that was strange. Too many players, I think. Glad to see Rip play a bigger part this season, though. His character deserved it.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
yeah, i just want to be diverted for a certain amount of time from whatever happened during the day. i'm not gonna pull whats left of my hair out critiquing each episode. good or bad, it's already in the bank.
Exactly. I enjoyed the early seasons of SOA for the same reason I enjoy Yellowstone, I don't know anything about motorcycles or cowboying. I have a buddy who "knows some real bikers" who used to tell me how bullshit SOA was, I don't care, because I am never going to get involved in that type of life. I just want to shut my brain down for 45 minutes and be entertained by something I don't understand.

Top Bottom