• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yeah. I bet the po po will protect my 2nd amend rights……

This has nothing to do with 2A rights......its about court overreach in a non common sense way.

The bad press and the shitting on they will get for this will be epic.

That said, from what I read she is a repeat offender. Pay your fing trash bill lady.....you know the rules and its not your first rodeo. While I think its exceptional overreach,
if you don't follow the laws down south, they don't let you get off scott free like a non paying shit head up here in the northeast. We all bitch about the free shit army getting
away with everything up here....well.......that's the other option.....enforcement.

This is defintely NOT a police issue as the OP tried to imply.

I'll wager that there is a back issue in here somewhere. Many 82 yo's are on diminished financial income. Or sometimes diminished mental capacity.

Many 82 yo's are on diminished financial income. Or sometimes diminished mental capacity.
makes not one bit of difference. when it comes to municipal, state or federal non-payment of any fee or tax, they'll come get it with jack boots stomping and both barrels blastin'. it usually takes several missed payments though. i agree this story goes deeper than a $77 trash pick-up fee. being arrested for nonpayment of 15 years taxes or something similar isn't a good story. busting an old lady for 77 bucks is. hell, we're talking about it, right?

makes not one bit of difference. when it comes to municipal, state or federal non-payment of any fee or tax, they'll come get it with jack boots stomping and both barrels blastin'. it usually takes several missed payments though. i agree this story goes deeper than a $77 trash pick-up fee. being arrested for nonpayment of 15 years taxes or something similar isn't a good story. busting an old lady for 77 bucks is. hell, we're talking about it, right?
I think she's been a chronic non-payer. But it still seems insane to arrest her. Arrests should be reserved for violent crimes, serious theft, and major felonies. No one should be arrested for inspection stickers, expired registrations, etc.

This has nothing to do with 2A rights......its about court overreach in a non common sense way.

The bad press and the shitting on they will get for this will be epic.

That said, from what I read she is a repeat offender. Pay your fing trash bill lady.....you know the rules and its not your first rodeo. While I think its exceptional overreach,
if you don't follow the laws down south, they don't let you get off scott free like a non paying shit head up here in the northeast. We all bitch about the free shit army getting
away with everything up here....well.......that's the other option.....enforcement.
If the police are not willing to stand up and say "we're not arresting an elderly lady. Find another way", they also are not going to stand up when the Marxist pols tell them to start kicking down doors, and confiscating guns. I think that's part of the Marxist attacks on police. The reasonable officers, who are experienced and patriotic, are being driven out, and replaced by toadies who are trained to obey their Marxist overseers.

That's what happened in Russia, China and Cambodia.

Yeah, shes done this more than once. She donates to the church, runs a daycare out of her home and has grandkids, which means she has grown children. She's not paying because she doesn't want to pay. Bad optics to arrest a woman her age but its the same as cops handcuffing 9 year olds at school. People practically dare you to do it sometimes.

They put that 82-year-old lady in jail for not paying her trash bill. Are you kidding me? When the hell are they going to start putting real criminals in jail?
They put her in jail for failure to appear to a summons by the court. Not for the trash bill. Judges don’t like to be ignored.

If the police are not willing to stand up and say "we're not arresting an elderly lady. Find another way", they also are not going to stand up when the Marxist pols tell them to start kicking down doors, and confiscating guns. I think that's part of the Marxist attacks on police. The reasonable officers, who are experienced and patriotic, are being driven out, and replaced by toadies who are trained to obey their Marxist overseers.

That's what happened in Russia, China and Cambodia.
I agree. When the man pays your salary, benefits, and pension.......very few if any will stand up. They will say they are doing their job. In this case of a repeat offender they are not going to lose their job under a judges order.

However......there is a difference between arresting an 80 year old women for a trash violation or summons refusal really, and a when they blatantly just start kicking in everyone's doors to confiscate guns.

A large difference.

We've already seen sheriffs in several counties in Oregon not side with the new law, and a lot of other instances where they would not prosecute something gun related like mag laws and such in their counties. Some of these new laws are passed, and ignored by all but the most liberal counties. Its unfair in a lot of cases to say that law enforcement doesn't have 2A backing, yeah, maybe not in MA, but in other places.

Last edited:
I think she's been a chronic non-payer.
i'm a chronic non-payer of everything civic. the woman in the collectors office says as long as you make an effort, the wolf will stay away from your door. i guess they're not so benevolent in her part of the country.

Why do we always make the assumption that every old lady is sweet? She could have been a world class A-hole.

Pay your bill you old bat.

This is like the clickbait stories "WW2 vet fined by HOA for flying flag" - then you read the dumbass signed the agreement and now he's being a cantankerous dickwad.

Trash collection costs money, I mean how long are they supposed to let her slide not paying when everybody else has to pay?

One could assume there were plenty of warning letters and attempts to collect.

As far as the cops, they were just doing their jerb!!! It would be a tough call to arrest an old lady like that and I'm certain there is a percentage of LEO's that would take pride in doing this.. But I don't know if a cop can get fired for disobeying a direct order for an arrest warrant signed by a judge.

i'm a chronic non-payer of everything civic. the woman in the collectors office says as long as you make an effort, the wolf will stay away from your door. i guess they're not so benevolent in her part of the country.
Yeah.....that's the attitude of the typical MA welfare skid who drives an Escalade and has 500 dollar sneakers and the reason why people like that exist. Just try to pay and its all OK........no personal responsibility here......

How about paying your fing bills because the rest of us do, and if you don't then pay the consequences.

Pay off your mortgage then don't pay your property tax... The .gov owns everything and will take everything you own when they want to. We are just $$$ in their eyes, aka tax paying serfs.
I think it's insane that people are ok with being taxed yearly on property they own.

If I have to pay a fee to own something I'm renting. Yet we as a society seem to be completely ok with it.

Then we have places like MA that extend this garbage to vehicles. Insanity.

There's plenty of ways to tax people without making them rent their own F'ing property.

I think it's insane that people are ok with being taxed yearly on property they own.
it was one of huge surprises for me when i came to this country. one of things i would always bring up to the 'land of the free' angle of the conversation. :)
but, it is what it is. next will be a tax for breathing the air. the 'clean air act', or whatever they will bring - with measuring lung capacity to establish the amount.

If I have to pay a fee to own something I'm renting. Yet we as a society seem to be completely ok with it.

Then we have places like MA that extend this garbage to vehicles. Insanity.

There's plenty of ways to tax people without making them rent their own F'ing property.
It works because its done slowly. Old people remember how it was before and are outraged. Kids cant figure out what this old guys problem is. When the kids get old enough, property taxes are just a part of life and they think nothing of it.

Income taxes were the same way. Weren't they instituted to pay for WW1? People were outraged but when their kids got old enough to work, it was just how it was.

It works because its done slowly. Old people remember how it was before and are outraged. Kids cant figure out what this old guys problem is. When the kids get old enough, property taxes are just a part of life and they think nothing of it.

Income taxes were the same way. Weren't they instituted to pay for WW1? People were outraged but when their kids got old enough to work, it was just how it was.
I see that.

But I'm not really ok with it. Most of us here arent ok with it. But the people we vote into office? They are fine with it. That's the real problem.

The (R) base has next to zero interest in getting Ron Paul (R)s into positions to shake stuff up.

I can't see how we win. We keep putting losers into the fight and they only care about their own skin.

Pay off your mortgage then don't pay your property tax... The .gov owns everything and will take everything you own when they want to. We are just $$$ in their eyes, aka tax paying serfs.

Yup, you never even really own your home, you are just in an eternal non-negotiable lease with your local .gov They can come buy whenever they want and re-evaluate what THEY think your home is worth and tax your ass accordingly. There was the really well off guy in NH that decided he was tired of paying taxes, look what happened to him...

I mean you own the wood, foundation, fixtures etc, but that means nothing without land to put it on.

That being said, it is definitely better to "own" then rent.

I see that.

But I'm not really ok with it. Most of us here arent ok with it. But the people we vote into office? They are fine with it. That's the real problem.

The (R) base has next to zero interest in getting Ron Paul (R)s into positions to shake stuff up.

I can't see how we win. We keep putting losers into the fight and they only care about their own skin.

The ironic thing with supporting Republicans is that they authored the most damaging piece of legislation in my lifetime. More damaging to freedom than ANY gun laws ever enacted, IMO of course. An even more bit of irony is that the Patriot Act is now being used against Patriots. Remember way back when when the pols would insist it wouldn't be used against it's own citizens? Now BOTH parties wield it like a light saber.. That "Patriot" Act effectively disarmed and took way the right to vote for 100's of people that got convicted with a felony. My one hope with Obama was when he said he would get rid of it while on the campaign trail.. But once he got in office he seen how powerful it was and probably added to it.

It's almost as if people are in denial that the absolute WORSE legislations in regards to freedom were enacted by Republicans. From Reagan to Trump, it's all the same... Wish I had some answers though :)

you really got to understand what goes on with these powers to be; they are to stupid to handle real problems but create busy work to justify their useless positions by dicking around with issues like this

The ironic thing with supporting Republicans is that they authored the most damaging piece of legislation in my lifetime. More damaging to freedom than ANY gun laws ever enacted, IMO of course. An even more bit of irony is that the Patriot Act is now being used against Patriots. Remember way back when when the pols would insist it wouldn't be used against it's own citizens? Now BOTH partied wield it like a light saber.. That "Patriot" Act effectively disarmed and took way the right to vote for 100's of people that got convicted with a felony.

It's almost as if people are in denial that the absolute WORSE legislations in regards to freedom were enacted by Republicans. From Reagan to Trump, it's all the same... Wish I had some answers though :)
I remember when that garbage came out. The (R) Bush lead party was a bunch of whack job statists. I hated that political era a lot.

Back
Top Bottom