• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yarmouth Alert - Please Attend Town Meeting May 2nd

Mike S

NES Member
Just saw this alert on GOAL's Facebook, thought I'd share what the proponent of Article 35 is up to.

Note the second post regarding how there's never been an issue with the guy shooting on his private property, he's pushing for the ban regardless, simply because he doesn't like it, is scared, or both.

Pathetic.

Cape Cod/Yarmouth residents - please take a look at the Facebook page started by the group wishing to infringe upon your rights. If you want this article (35) voted down, please attend Yarmouth Town Meeting on May 2nd! The citizen pushing this article wishes to restrict the legal rights of citizens on their private property, simply because he does not like it. What's next?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yarm...ES-on-Article-35/1099020903457197?sk=timeline

Last edited:
"With this logic you could argue that the town should prohibit the operation of motor vehicles on public roads within its borders. A far more hazardous activity than people shooting on their own property, which is already governed by MA state law."

Someone posted this comment in response to their post about being proactive. I would love to see them try and respond to this.

Q: Have there been any homemade range incidents in Yarmouth, Massachusetts that resulted in injury or property damage?
A: We are not aware of injuries or property damage resulting from homemade ranges in Yarmouth. Certain individuals have asked why we're looking to prohibit a local activity that, to our knowledge, has not resulted in any property damage, injuries or fatalities. Our response is that it’s better to proactively enact measures that can save lives rather than react to a preventable tragedy with after-the-fact legislation.

No one has been hurt and no incidents, but big brother wants to keep us safe anyway. These people need to be removed from any decision making positions and ideally removed from society

seems like its a few individuals who moved to the area and don't like private ranges..perhaps they should done a little more research before buying their property...I was impressed that lots of different individuals were leaving 2A comments...

Q: Have there been any homemade range incidents in Yarmouth, Massachusetts that resulted in injury or property damage?
A: We are not aware of injuries or property damage resulting from homemade ranges in Yarmouth. Certain individuals have asked why we're looking to prohibit a local activity that, to our knowledge, has not resulted in any property damage, injuries or fatalities. Our response is that it’s better to proactively enact measures that can save lives rather than react to a preventable tragedy with after-the-fact legislation.

No one has been hurt and no incidents, but big brother wants to keep us safe anyway. These people need to be removed from any decision making positions and ideally removed from society

If it isn't broken...fix it 'til it is...

told them to buy headphones and stop telling people what to do on private property

they also put up a video of the "type of shooting" that happens there

it was terrifying, I soiled myself and donated to the DNC

Cape Cod/Yarmouth Gun Grabber Facebook Page

I didn't read the article, but I think I would be pissed if my neighbors started shooting in their yards. I guess it depends on the proximity and frequency of the shooting.

If you own 20 acres that's different. Whatever happened to being considerate?

It's about noise and quiet enjoyment of your property not pant shitting about guns

Maybe you should have read it ;). First off I live in Yarmouth. Never knew this cat and his private range existed. If I didn't live in an "association" I'd be doing the same thing!!! What's better than walking outside onto your porch in your pjs every morning and waking yourself up with some steel dings haha

Their page has 8 likes. Not too concerned that they are having an impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't expect it to go anywhere. I'll be voting either way. It's just problematic because not long ago the cape was a pretty "mind your own business place". Now with the influx of full/part time residents, out of control drug use/crime, and the inability to separate oneself from the overpacked community is creating a lot of frustration. At least in me, and that's enough for the whole cape lol... I'm out to a free state asap ;)

I didn't read the article, but I think I would be pissed if my neighbors started shooting in their yards. I guess it depends on the proximity and frequency of the shooting.

It's about noise and quiet enjoyment of your property not pant shitting about guns

would you try to make it illegal for your neighbor to do whatever they were doing that was annoying you?

if yes, **** off

if no, that's the difference here

you can clearly hear 8 point from my house in sterling even though it is miles away, if it bothers all my neighbors I haven't heard about it. I can also hear when my neighbor runs his chainsaw, I don't think it should be illegal

I'm still trying to figure out where it is, I have family in South Yarmouth, I am there frequently, I fish all over the cape, many bog ponds, I hear shooting near most of them actually but I don't recall any in Yarmouth

In yarmouthport there is bass river rod and gun and a Boy Scout camp. And lots of conservation. I'll figure out the spot tomorrow.

The range is on 60 acres I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump, he's taking the fear mongering to the next level, also, really funny that he says GOAL is "misrepresenting" things while running a header photo on his Facebook page that wasn't taken in Yarmouth or even on the Cape. What a joke.

Anyone know how the Yarmouth annual town meeting turned out today on article 35?

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
The anti freedom crowd lost big.

The firearms discharge ban lost, as did the motorcycle ban.

Being from Yarmouth but no longer live there, I was glad to hear this even though I couldn't have put a vote to it. Kick A$$. Lots of good things today. Shooting machine guns and watching exploding Chevy Suburban parts flying everywhere at Monadnock, and coming home to find my home towns'folk beat the shit out of the freedom-haters. My Ameriboner is strong and throbbing. Ewww sorry I've had a few drinks already.

Back
Top Bottom