• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yankee Hill Manufacturing?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone heard anything about YHM recently?

My son saw something on Reddit (maybe not the best source) about problems with YHM and their warranties. If there was I would have expected to hear something here.

The only thing I’ve heard regarding their warranty was if you had an issue with a suppressor they required you to send in the barrel or upper receiver with it for testing.

I dont have first hand knowledge of this, just what I was told recently while discussing their cans.

If I was going to make a guess to result of inflation hitting their product. It's easier to get customers to eat a warranty being shittier then it is to ask them to eat a price increase to try to offset it. Plus scraping the warranty down in most cases is only going to punish the skinflints

Has anyone heard anything about YHM recently?

My son saw something on Reddit (maybe not the best source) about problems with YHM and their warranties. If there was I would have expected to hear something here.

YHM changed their warranty policy. some people have lost their minds over it. Honestly a few retards with suppressors can cost a manufacturer quite a bit. YHM has solid CS I’m not worried about it all. All 3 of my YHM cans are phenomenal, as if everything else YHM I’ve owned over the years.

YHM changed their warranty policy. some people have lost their minds over it.
Its not that they changed their warranty, it's that they retroactively did it.

Thats like purchasing an item and having the seller change the terms and conditions and hitting your credit card again. Any proper company would honor the original contract for sales already completed, which these guys are apparently not doing.

Its not that they changed their warranty, it's that they retroactively did it.

Thats like purchasing an item and having the seller change the terms and conditions and hitting your credit card again. Any proper company would honor the original contract for sales already completed, which these guys are apparently not doing.

their suppressors are also about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of their competition. I’ve dealt w YHM for tech assistance twice and they were helpful. while it would be nice for everything to be 100% warrantied 100% of the time, the way I read this is that YHM no longer wants to fully cover the costs of stupidity. If I ever run into a warranty issue w the turbo k, resonator k or R9, I’ll be sure to let the forum know.

The CH was received damaged many years ago during transit and I called for a replacement and was asked, 'don't you have another in the parts bin?' No, I won't be a repeat customer.

This reminds me of the recent thread on rethreading a barrel where the gunsmith turned a square shoulder to his threading. If the shoulder wasn’t square to the thread anything threaded and tightened might torque out of being perfectly aligned with the bore.

I own a business, and I build custom parts for customers, and this type of shit pisses me off. I would never dream of providing an unconditional warranty. People are idiots. I have customers that will break the same parts over and over for the same reason each time instead of better prep/ change of tactic/ paying more attention or just plain laziness. I also deal with a lot of part manufacturers and I can't think of any manufacturers that provide a no questions/unconditional warranty, customer intervention typically will void most lifetime warranties.

Looking at the warranty it seams pretty reasonable to expect people to pay for there own mistakes/carelessness/criminal action. If a can was purchased prior to the warranty change (which as I understand occurred years ago), then I can see frustration and I would likely mention that if I had an issue under those circumstances. From what I have seen, there are not many suppressor mfgs at all out there that do currently have unconditional/no question warranties, and the ones that do are significantly more expensive than the YHM cans.

The idea of an unconditional warranty is great for the customer, like the pictures on Rugged's website of the warranties from wrong caliber, cross-threaded, left in solvent, or ultrasonic'd. But ultimately it is terrible for the customer just the same way participation trophys are for kids. Your an idiot, you don't get free stuff for being an idiot, the company shouldn't have to pay because you're stupid. Pay attention, take responsibility for YOUR actions and suck it up. If I made a mistake making it or there were production/material issues etc, then by all means, I will make it right.

I don't know the background to the original issue with the warranty, but the only thing I can imagine is that someone bought a can when the warranty read as unconditional, then the warranty changed and they had a failure? Otherwise if they just failed to read the warranty or do their due diligence, well... that sounds typical these days. I'm dumb and angry so I'm gonna go on the internet and shit talk someone.

Just my .02

The deal was at one point it was an unlimited warranty and marketed as such and people bought cans under that. Recently, they have changed to a limited warranty and basically blanket covered it for all previous cans that were once unlimited without letting customers know.

There are several companies today that provided a warranty on their cans that no matter what happens, defect, user error, they would repair / replace the can at least once. This is built into the price of the can as they are closer to the $1000 mark than the $400 mark.

Even if YHM moving forward with all the new cans has a limited warranty - that's fine - The buyer would know at the time of purchase. To change the warranty on previously purchased cans is a go no. The NFA community will not let shit like that go and it will reflect on how much business YHM does.

I personally use their mounts on all my cans but none of their cans. I almost bought a Turbo-K for under $400 because that's a killer price but the details kept me from doing it. The same $100 dealer fee and $200 stamp regardless of what can you buy, I personally rather spend a little more money for a can that has better warranty behind it.

Again, non of the YHMs cans are super expensive and are sub $400 compared to some others and that's where the money / warranty comes into play. Do some people abuse it, of course but when it cost $100 transfer, $200 stamp and 9-12 months (before eForm 4) - Who is going to do that just to inconvenience themselves? The cost to transfer and stamp is what a new can costs.

Also, in the end YHM did warranty this person's can due to to it being a "manufacture defect" that the baffles were not lined up to begin with. The person who had got a replacement is good now. The whole incident brought into the spotlight the recent change in their warranty. YHM did the right thing and took care of the customer. Even bad press is good press. Now people know.

Last edited:
What can break on a supressor ? Ive never seen one up close, but im guessing the ratchet system / threads maybe ?

Last edited:
The deal was at one point it was an unlimited warranty and marketed as such and people bought cans under that. Recently, they have changed to a limited warranty and basically blanket covered it for all previous cans that were once unlimited without letting customers know.

There are several companies today that provided a warranty on their cans that no matter what happens, defect, user error, they would repair / replace the can at least once. This is built into the price of the can as they are closer to the $1000 mark than the $400 mark.

Even if YHM moving forward with all the new cans has a limited warranty - that's fine - The buyer would know at the time of purchase. To change the warranty on previously purchased cans is a go no. The NFA community will not let shit like that go and it will reflect on how much business YHM does.

I personally use their mounts on all my cans but none of their cans. I almost bought a Turbo-K for under $400 because that's a killer price but the details kept me from doing it. The same $100 dealer fee and $200 stamp regardless of what can you buy, I personally rather spend a little more money for a can that has better warranty behind it.

Again, non of the YHMs cans are super expensive and are sub $400 compared to some others and that's where the money / warranty comes into play. Do some people abuse it, of course but when it cost $100 transfer, $200 stamp and 9-12 months (before eForm 4) - Who is going to do that just to inconvenience themselves? The cost to transfer and stamp is what a new can costs.

Also, in the end YHM did warranty this person's can due to to it being a "manufacture defect" that the baffles were not lined up to begin with. The person who had got a replacement is good now. The whole incident brought into the spotlight the recent change in their warranty. YHM did the right thing and took care of the customer. Even bad press is good press. Now people know.
My YHM ULT was not in the $400 range...$900. Love it, but if I recall, their warrantee was not actually "unlimited". They excluded misuse, but DID say they would fix a baffle strike, ONE time at no charge. This was a selling point. I don't know how a warrantee (contract of sorts) can be rescinded retroactively?

What can break on a supressor ? Ive never seen one up close, but im guessing the wratchet system / threads maybe ?
Baffle strike. Loosens up, or barrel not threaded correctly. Or just not reading the instructions about not using crush washers, or putting rocktite on the threads. I let a friend put mine on his rifle one time at the range while his was in jail. The bozo had a crush washer AND anti seize on his adaptor!

Just a counter point.

LL Bean changed their warranty as well. It was done because of a few reasons but the cold hard fact is the people (consumers) screwed themselves.

And people here whined and complained.

The REAL reason was that LL Bean will take ANYTHING back. So scumbags of Murrica comb the Goodwill and Salivating Army stores for Bean merch. They bring it back. "This doesn't work. It's wore out." LL Bean would take it back NQA.

I wanna say it was to the point where it was 4% of gross sales were returns this way. 4% of sales were going out the door as cash back to people who didn't pay for the stuff in the first place. Ergo, they dumped their NQA return policy.

Somehow, to some people, that was all Bean's fault and they were somehow scumbags. LOL

My YHM ULT was not in the $400 range...$900. Love it, but if I recall, their warrantee was not actually "unlimited". They excluded misuse, but DID say they would fix a baffle strike, ONE time at no charge. This was a selling point. I don't know how a warrantee (contract of sorts) can be rescinded retroactively?
Dang, I would be SUPER MAD spending that kind of money. I'm not well verse in their offering except for the Resonators series (the one I was about to pull the trigger on).

Back
Top Bottom