• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yankee hill machine Co.

Has anyone used their lowers when building their AR's. Are they any good and are they avaialbe for us to get in Mass.

Thanks,

i drool everytime i browse their website. i have NOT met anyone in person or read about anyone using their lowers or uppers... only parts.

it appears most of their stuff is not "post-ban" compliant.

IMO, their prices seem good (to me) and I'd even like to take a trip out there at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
YHM is based in MA, and they make parts that can be used on MA-legal rifles such as muzzle brakes and the like. They are pretty good for the price.

Zero Hour Arms has had their parts and complete rifles in stock. The last time I was there I believe they had two on the wall. They seem to be very well made. I came close to buying one.

Cheers,

Rich

YHM pretty much JUST started releasing lowers within the past month or so (from talking with the local gun shop).

From the sample he had he said its pretty good but hasn't built up a rifle or anything with it yet, but the consensus I am hearing about it is they should be gtg.

The lowers are most likely going ot be Cerro Forge and then YHM finish machines them in house, so they shouldnt be to bad. YHM actually does a lot of finish machining for Bushmaster uppers.

-DM-

I have one of their complete uppers. The fit and finish is really top notch and they were excellent in service. They have a new rail type that was not shown when I ordered mine that was diamond cut outs rather than circles or ovals and it is a very nice change from the norm. I am happy that I took a chance on their description over the phone.

Nice looking stuff, but the prices, ($175.00 for a stripped lower?), are just nutty...

Mark at the Big E show Highlander Security was asking $250 for a stripped lower, and he claimes to "work" for YHM. I know for a fact that he is a friend of the armorer/sales guy and thats all.

-DM-

Mark at the Big E show Highlander Security was asking $250 for a stripped lower, and he claimes to "work" for YHM. I know for a fact that he is a friend of the armorer/sales guy and thats all.

-DM-

Yeah, that's just crazy-pricing, (Obamamania or not)...If I'm looking for a .223/5.56 rifle and I'm looking at $250.00 for a stripped receiver, I'm looking at a Mini-14 or a .223 AK...Hell, even a Kel-Tec SU-16, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that kind of dough for an $80.00 part. It's really sad that folks are so desperate...I can buy a billet LaRue or a billet SunDevil for $250.00 for God's sake...It's just insanity.

Yeah, that's just crazy-pricing, (Obamamania or not)...If I'm looking for a .223/5.56 rifle and I'm looking at $250.00 for a stripped receiver, I'm looking at a Mini-14 or a .223 AK...Hell, even a Kel-Tec SU-16, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that kind of dough for an $80.00 part. It's really sad that folks are so desperate...I can buy a billet LaRue or a billet SunDevil for $250.00 for God's sake...It's just insanity.

+1 that's an obnoxious price

Back
Top Bottom