Yahoo comments disabled

Yahoo disabled comments maybe a month ago saying it was reviewing its policies now they have this posted at the end of each article:
"Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting. "
I'm guessing the comments were not following their agenda enough? The comments section was always better than the article, it was my go to for a laugh.

I saw that on some of the msm articles a few years ago.

IMHO, what I had observed with the above was on the many negative Trump "fake-news" articles (many of those were based on "false reports" & "rumors" only).

On those articles, prior to the comments being disabled, I'd see a few comments that were supportive of the negative news report, but there would be many, many other comments challenging the information, other posts outright disputing the negative stories, and sometimes there would be posting of links to another news source that completely contradicted the false news reports.

In other words, the comments seemed to be disrupting their "fake-news" narrative.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the comments were not following their agenda enough? The comments section was always better than the article, it was my go to for a laugh.
MSDNC and the Clinton news network did the same about a month ago. Comments didn’t fit the narrative.
Bingo and Bingo. Too many sane people commenting. Not enough deranged idiot leftists and Marxists spewing lies and BS in support of the agenda. [thinking]

Yahoo Finance has some great tools that Google Finance just doesn't have. So I frustratingly have to deal with their BS articles in order to get easy access to the market data I need. So annoying. I guess their "editorial disguised as an article" "writers" (in big-ass BOLD quotations) got their feewings hewt.

WSJ has started doing the same with many articles. The comments were half the value of the subscription. Now even articles with a comments section have moderator/censors with painfully obviously bias. Infuriating.

At what point do these writers acknowledge their “journalism” is really activism and propaganda?

I've never read a WSJ comment. Ever.

I've gotten INTO the op-ed a few times with my LtE's, but never even knew there WAS a comment section. LOL

To be fair, prior to the Interwebs, there was no comment section. You could write to the editor and MAYBE it would get published. Maybe.

WSJ has started doing the same with many articles. The comments were half the value of the subscription. Now even articles with a comments section have moderator/censors with painfully obviously bias. Infuriating.

At what point do these writers acknowledge their “journalism” is really activism and propaganda?

A long time ago. They just don't care. People know when they are lying especially when they are lying to themselves. They just don't want to admit it.

So do all the people who bought their stock and played the really, really, really long game. Like really long...

If they just hold out a little longer, I'm sure there will be BIG payoffs for this stock. It is going to be the next google. I'm sure of it!

wtf is yahoo?
I mentioned Yahoo in passing to an old guy in work back in the day. He looked at me cross eyed and said "Ya-HOO?!? Im not getting my information from anyplace called Ya-HOO!!". 🤣

Funny thing was he was a regular NYT reader so either way he'd of had no idea what was really going on.

I mentioned Yahoo in passing to an old guy in work back in the day. He looked at me cross eyed and said "Ya-HOO?!? Im not getting my information from anyplace called Ya-HOO!!". 🤣

Funny thing was he was a regular NYT reader so either way he'd of had no idea what was really going on.

Wise choice. Yahoo used to be considered an insult before it became an internet company.

Yahoo Finance has some great tools that Google Finance just doesn't have. So I frustratingly have to deal with their BS articles in order to get easy access to the market data I need. So annoying. I guess their "editorial disguised as an article" "writers" (in big-ass BOLD quotations) got their feewings hewt.

+1 still go there when I need access to information quickly.

Just another example of the death of the 4th estate. These commies are not operating from a position of strength on any o this. Sunlight always wins, so they try and snuff it out, hence the rise of the 5th estate.

Yahoo article comments are like Twitter. As my daughter said the other day, "Twitter is like walking around yelling your opinion hoping someone might hear you. While everyone else is walking around yelling their opinion on various topics and no one is listening to them either."

Same with Youtube comments. The comments system just SUCKS there. But it's 99% single-comment comments. No discourse. It is NOT social media b/c there is ZERO interaction.

Back
Top Bottom